Voters
73. You may not vote on this poll
  • Mike Trout

56 76.71%
  • Buster Posey

17 23.29%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Baseball is a team sport, rings don't mean anything as far as how good a player is, just my opinion

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LASportsFan1996 View Post
    Baseball is a team sport, rings don't mean anything as far as how good a player is, just my opinion
    If we are talking about taking a player to start a team, it's not just on field performance that makes the decision. Who's the better player? Trout no doubt. Who would I take to start a team? I'd take Posey for a lot of factors, but one is the character/leadership that had a lot do with gettting the Giants two out fo the last three championships.

San Francisco Giants Trophy Wall

vCash
    He didn't single handily lead to the title, you're really telling me you'd take Posey over Trout? Lol

vCash
    He didn't single handily lead to the title, you're really telling me you'd take Posey over Trout? Lol
    Seeing that Posey plays catcher (above average) and was a top 5 hitter in all of baseball last year, yeah I can easily build a case for going with Posey. Again, didn't say he was the only reason we won championships. But his character and leadership qualities def. had influence in shaping the team as the season progressed.

vCash
    Bah IDK I guess I just find that kinda stuff overrated

vCash
    Trout... I wont be surprise if Trout wins by wide margin but that wont show you how close of a call this is. This is a case where you cant go wrong. Just going by Trout due to age and how demanding Posey's position is.

vCash
    Posey to me is more valuable.

Barry Lamar Bonds. .393/.967/1.054....on 3-0 counts.

lol, Please' top 10 p4p: Mayweather/Marquez/Pacquiao/Bradley/Cotto/Wlad/Rigondeaux/Froch/Canelo/Maidana

Boxing Fan? Come Discuss Boxing!

vCash
    Bah IDK I guess I just find that kinda stuff overrated
    I would too if I never had a chance to see what a winner looks like

vCash
    No to Posey. I'll take Mickey Mantle 2.0, 10 times out of 10.

10 WAR season at age 20, the guy's on a different planet.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffy25 View Post
    Trout, younger.

that's basically the only breaking point for me.

Posey will also likely be moved to first at some point, or risk injury.

He is highly valuable being an offensive catcher. But you have to be careful how you handle him. It is easier to find a centerfielder closer in offensive value to Trout than to find an offensive catcher that can hit like Posey. But Trout is a safer bet for a stronger career at this point to me.

It is worth noting. Trout is better defensively compared to his peers at his position, than Posey is. But Posey plays a significantly more valuable position, even though they are only two slots a part on the defensive spectrum.

Either way, both are ideal players to build around and nobody is wrong to pick one or the other.

It's sort of like asking, what color do you want your Ferrari to be. Because both are just awesome.
    I agree with everything here, but do you see Trout staying in CF? I see him moving to LF to prolong his career, don't see his value dropping off with the switch considering he's been a leadoff hitter with 3-5 hitter production thus far.
    Quote Originally Posted by nessythegreat View Post
    This is getting old. Enough is enough. Redskin Is not offensive and it will never change.
    Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    I want to start a website where people who say this video tape themselves going up to Native Americans and go "hey what's up redskin?" and then upload what happens.

I'll call it WhatsUpRedskin.com

You want to go first?
    I fully support this future site.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Greedy22 View Post
    I agree with everything here, but do you see Trout staying in CF? I see him moving to LF to prolong his career, don't see his value dropping off with the switch considering he's been a leadoff hitter with 3-5 hitter production thus far.
    I don't see why he would, he's one of the best CF's in the game defensively.

vCash
    Trout

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Fly View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Greedy22 View Post
    I don't see why he would, he's one of the best CF's in the game defensively.
    I didn't mean immediately, I meant a few years down the road.
    Quote Originally Posted by nessythegreat View Post
    This is getting old. Enough is enough. Redskin Is not offensive and it will never change.
    Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    I want to start a website where people who say this video tape themselves going up to Native Americans and go "hey what's up redskin?" and then upload what happens.

I'll call it WhatsUpRedskin.com

You want to go first?
    I fully support this future site.

vCash
    Trout. Posey is a close second.

THE BEST DH IN SF GIANTS HISTORY!

2010 and 2012 World Series Champs !

vCash
    trout
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast