vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Fly View Post
    i bet you're hoping this situation comes true and trout comes to the giants
    exactly what I was thinking

San Francisco Giants Trophy Wall

vCash
    Trout dominates pose but is even with Stanton. Lol

vCash
    I think it's a bit silly to say Trout dominates Posey.

vCash
    This one looks obvious but there is such a huge age disparity, so it's tough... Trout in one year projects better than Mickey Mantle! He can single handedly win a game by himself, which i thought was impossible in baseball.

Trout looks like the overwhelming favorite...

Batting Title: Posey has one, Trout doesn't.
    MVP: Posey has one, Trout doesn't.
    ROY: Posey has one, Trout has one.
    Comeback Player of the Year: Posey has one, Trout doesn't.
    World Series Champion: Posey has 2, Trout doesn't.

I think team goals outweigh individual players, and so I'll take the World Series champion. By the time Trout is 25, will he have two world series championships?
    2012 World Series Champs Auto Checklist: Jeremy Affeldt, Javier Lopez (2), Ryan Vogelsong, George Kontos (2), Buster Posey, Brian Sabean, Bruce Bochy, Brandon Crawford, Sergio Romo, Barry Zito...

vCash
    you cant use team accomplishments to decide who's the better player. see Barry Bonds

I think its Trout here by a ton IF he keeps up but you really cant go wrong with either player.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by leftymo View Post
    This one looks obvious but there is such a huge age disparity, so it's tough... Trout in one year projects better than Mickey Mantle! He can single handedly win a game by himself, which i thought was impossible in baseball.

I think team goals outweigh individual players, and so I'll take the World Series champion. By the time Trout is 25, will he have two world series championships?
    well why the **** would you think that?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hagausaf View Post
    you cant use team accomplishments to decide who's the better player. see Barry Bonds

I think its Trout here by a ton IF he keeps up but you really cant go wrong with either player.

Well, this is who would you rather have? I as a GM, owner, manager, or whatever else, wants a champion... I get that with Buster Posey and he's not done... He's the Jeter of this generation.

As much as I liked Bonds, I'd much rather have world series championships...
    2012 World Series Champs Auto Checklist: Jeremy Affeldt, Javier Lopez (2), Ryan Vogelsong, George Kontos (2), Buster Posey, Brian Sabean, Bruce Bochy, Brandon Crawford, Sergio Romo, Barry Zito...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Qwertys View Post
    I'd take Posey and not just because I'm a Giants fan. The guy is a born leader hence why we've won two world series in the last three years. Trout is amazing but Posey ability to be a leader puts him over the top for me but you can't go wrong either way...
    I think you are giving him too much credit for being a leader. How do we know what affect his "leading" had? One player can't carry a team to the WS
    You have no idea how excited I am right now.

vCash
    Trout easily!

Love him or hate him, call him overrated, a punk, chump, and whatever blasphemy you people speak, fact of the matter is there is no denying he's the best of his generation and will go down as a top 5 player ever...what he has done for the NBA is amazing he's the biggest name in basketball all around the world and his chase for number 6 continues! All that matters though to us Laker fans is #17! Lakersnation! #16to17

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jej View Post
    I think you are giving him too much credit for being a leader. How do we know what affect his "leading" had? One player can't carry a team to the WS
    This is the ish I've been saying
    Foam Party!

vCash
    Ill go Posey, Trout has only had 1 season in the League.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by leftymo View Post

I think team goals outweigh individual players
    I guess Melky Cabrera is a better player than Barry Bonds using that analogy no?
    Carlos Beltran 2014 Stats:
    33 Games | .307 wOBA | .240 BABIP | 5 HRs | 14 Runs | 15 RBIs

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by leftymo:25238579

It's a little silly to make a list like that, I think. Anyone being honest with themselves well tell you Trout was clearly the MVP last season, despite old people giving it to Miggy.

Comeback player of the year isn't really a point in someone's favor, and given that he was a rookie would be impossible for Trout to win anyway.

Trout missed the batting title by a few points, but who cares? OBP is more important anyway, even if there's no award for it.

I'm kind of mystified to see all the "leadership" comments here, too. As if Belt wanted to use the first base bag as a pillow and take a nap while he was in the field and Posey wouldn't let him or something. He pays an important defensive position, but he's still not pitching the ball or hitting in the other right spots in the order.
    Visit my Blog.

"Glad the GOP finally came out with an Obamacare alternative. Can't wait to see their alternative to the Iraq War." - @LOLGOP

vCash
    San Francisco won because of their pitching and a catcher has a large part to do with how the rotation fares. I learned that the hard way with the Mets...

That is a major reason I'd take Posey. He leads that rotation

vCash
    actually he doesn't get enough credit. He is a HUGE reason why the giants are winning championships. Offensively, defensively, and his leadership is tremendous. All the vets on the 2010 team said as much.

He handles the pitching staff, and throws down the right signals. In crucial games he makes big throws, and of course monumentous hits. Buster didn't hit well in the playoffs last year, he had two HR's that I know of. One was in the decisive game 5 on the road against the giants nemesis Latos (grand slam) and the other was in the world series clinching game 4 when his team was down 2 runs. He comes up BIG in BIG games and he's only played 2 seasons. He's that important. These are intangibles that you can't measure, but it shows up big in the overall results.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast