Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Hoops: Wizards could of had James Harden but declined

The Washington Wizards turned down a trade with the Oklahoma City Thunder for James Harden this summer because team owner Ted Leonsis was unwilling to commit to what would have been a roughly $80 million, five-year contract for the high-scoring player, according to multiple people with knowledge of the proposed deal. Washington Post
    The trade would of been Beal and Chris Singleton for James harden. Harden is also avg 25 points a game and is 23 years old...............

Hoophype.com

The contract is high but the fact is no body will come here if we have no player that can get other players to come. Sadly we would of been in cap hell and Okefor and Nene contract would hold us back but i would of loved Harden. Again Beal is young so stay patient Jason17 stay patient -_____-/
    Reed Doughty .......where second chances will ALWAYS HAPPEN. Stay tuned.

vCash
    The gm should be fired

vCash
    It's tough. It sounds like if they got Harden and signed him to the max extension then they would have to let Wall walk..

vCash
    That could not have worked for the Bullets. I'd keep Beal with Wall.

vCash
    to much money unless we were able to dump NENE. it sounds nice on paper sure but we just are not in that position yet. ted will be willing to spend more once the NHL lock out is over. hes loosing a lot of money right now.

vCash
    honestly it was good we didnt take that deal beal has/had so
    much upside coming into the draft and no ody cpuld of guessed that james is basically an all star. too big of a contract as well. we would have been screwed

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by EAGLES3658 View Post
    It's tough. It sounds like if they got Harden and signed him to the max extension then they would have to let Wall walk..
    I dont have any problems with wall but Harden is a top 5 scorer in the NBA right now and is in his prime at 23!!!. If Wall would really wanna win he would of stayed if we had Harden and than still have Nene and a likely top 3 pick.

Beal is cheaper and i see the reason but Harden without a doubt is on fire and its something we lack at SG. Again if Beal ends up pretty decent or crawford does what he is doing now than its not a bad thing we said no.

But lets face it Harden avg 24 points a game and more!!! and the FA market this year wont be that good nor teams would come. Biggest mistake is Okefor and Ariza, Nene maybe but hes not really bad hes just prone.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WizFan3 View Post
    honestly it was good we didnt take that deal beal has/had so
    much upside coming into the draft and no ody cpuld of guessed that james is basically an all star. too big of a contract as well. we would have been screwed
    I would of done the trade for sure but the contract and cap is something im not familiar with. Than again Wall would only stay if we have talent for him and Nene is the only player along with could of been Harden and we would of been much better and focus at SF in the draft or FA. Beal is 19 but he needed to stay in college one more year but again he is young and can improve.

WIzards are playing tough despite the record we just need to make better moves espically in contract .

vCash
    You get mad when I bash the Wizards right "Mr.Wiz Fan?"

What's our record?

Sorry, but Bradley Bust is a total bust so far!

vCash
    the kid is not a bust. jan vessely is a bust. beal is no bust. thats half the problem. we could be putting Kawhi leonard or kenith faried, but we have jan and chris.... beal is not the problem.
    Last edited by gambitx777; 12-14-2012 at 09:30 PM.

vCash
    Both scrubs are total bust smh.....This team never amount to anything great, but lose, laughing and party. GILBERT ARENAS>JOHN "CAN"T SHOOT" WALL

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Colts_4_life View Post
    Both scrubs are total bust smh.....This team never amount to anything great, but lose, laughing and party. GILBERT ARENAS>JOHN "CAN"T SHOOT" WALL
    Yeah, we heard you the first time. We get it - you think Beal's a bust. Do you have anything else to add? You're boring us all.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gambitx777 View Post
    the kid is not a bust. jan vessely is a bust. beal is no bust. thats half the problem. we could be putting Kawhi leonard or kenith faried, but we have jan and chris.... beal is not the problem.
    I think the Bullets missed the boat and should define Grunfeld with his 2nd chance with Leonsis. He should go at the end of this season. To miss with Vesely as he did as well as with Singleton to a large measure and Mack....that draft was a waste. And some very good players for this team were out there - Leonard was a perfect fit here and was flying up on many boards. Why not reach a little for a sure thing? Klay Thompson is lighting the league up and was regarded as the best shooter in that draft and was a real need as well and could've been selected. Guys that are hot in the practices leading into the draft are guys you take notice of - like Dion Waiters this year. Other teams don't miss as often as Ernie.
    I can't help but think where the team would be if they got those two "sure-things". Vesely was a pipe dream fueled by Nowitzki's run that filled Ernie's head with foreign promise.
    It's easy to play armchair QB but Ernie has had many chances to improve the level of talent on this team and has missed too often and had a chance to win in that draft. It was a microcosm of his tenure.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jason17 View Post
    I would of done the trade for sure but the contract and cap is something im not familiar with. Than again Wall would only stay if we have talent for him and Nene is the only player along with could of been Harden and we would of been much better and focus at SF in the draft or FA. Beal is 19 but he needed to stay in college one more year but again he is young and can improve.

WIzards are playing tough despite the record we just need to make better moves espically in contract .
    i agree that talent wise yes its a deal but again the cap ****s us over. yes the kid should have stayed for a couple more years. or maybe 1

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Colts_4_life View Post
    You get mad when I bash the Wizards right "Mr.Wiz Fan?"

What's our record?

Sorry, but Bradley Bust is a total bust so far!
    i agree... i havent been wanting to say it but bradley beal is doing nothing i visioned him doing.... nothing

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast