Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Two questions

vCash
    I think our 2013 and 2014 first round picks need to be relatively untouchable. This year's draft is shaping up to be pretty weak, but I still think it's wise to keep it. The 2014 draft could be an all-time great one...and there's no reason to assume that we'll be terribly good next season either.
    [IMG]hi[/IMG]

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ManRamForPrez24 View Post
    I think our 2013 and 2014 first round picks need to be relatively untouchable. This year's draft is shaping up to be pretty weak, but I still think it's wise to keep it. The 2014 draft could be an all-time great one...and there's no reason to assume that we'll be terribly good next season either.
    it seems like we always say that draft class X is going to be amazing and they usually disappoint. This year's draft was supposedly 2003-level talent and we know how that's turning out.

That's why I think it's dumb to try to predict how good a draft will be and center building around. Who's available now? What is potentially in front of us today? That's how I think we should more or less operate, and not hinging our future on something completely random and unpredictable.
    Magic. Red Sox. Colts. Knights.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rlundi86 View Post
    it seems like we always say that draft class X is going to be amazing and they usually disappoint. This year's draft was supposedly 2003-level talent and we know how that's turning out.

That's why I think it's dumb to try to predict how good a draft will be and center building around. Who's available now? What is potentially in front of us today? That's how I think we should more or less operate, and not hinging our future on something completely random and unpredictable.
    I agree 100% plus you never know for sure if ur draft pick will pan out any way. Its not like football where if u have the worst record you have the number one pick. Its all how the balls bounce. What if we did that and our pick didnt play to his potential? Then we would be bad again it would be just a bigger set back.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rlundi86 View Post

You're right that draft classes are fickle. This class was never once that highly regarded. For a while it projected that Noel, Muhammed and Zeller would be the top 3 (to an extent they still are), but none have ever been compared to the talent of that class. I'm huge on Wiggins and Parker, much more so than anyone in this class.

There have already been a lot of changes in draft stock over these few months of college hoops. Ben McLemore is skyrocketing up draft boards right now, as is Marcus Smart. Otto Porter too. For a while it looked like most of the top 13 would be big men, but some good wings have climbed in. Glenn Robinson, Archie Goodwin, Willie Cauley-Stein all seem to have big time stock now and all are ahead of guys like McAdoo, Poythress, Adams, Gobert etc. on a lot of boards. That was the case weeks ago.

The depth in the 2013 draft class excites me more than the stars at the top.

The stars at the top of the 2014 draft class excites me more than the depth.

But yes, that all can change drastically.
    [IMG]hi[/IMG]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12