Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Two questions

vCash

Two questions

Why we trade Ryan Anderson for Gustavo Ayon?

If the Lakers don't make the playoffs this year, we get a first round pick?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sporting (Port) View Post
    Why we trade Ryan Anderson for Gustavo Ayon?

If the Lakers don't make the playoffs this year, we get a first round pick?
    1. Because we didn't want to pay him 36 million dollars over 4 years. He's certainly worth that, but in rebuilding mode, that cap flexibility is more pivotal. The move was strictly financial. It wasn't because we thought Ayon was as good as Anderson, we probably just felt he was better than nothing. Anderson wasn't ever going to stay here, unfortunately. We were in too ****** of a cap situation

2. Yes. If they miss the playoffs this year we get their first round pick. If they make it, we'll end up getting their 2017 first rounder in all likelihood.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ManRamForPrez24 View Post
    1. Because we didn't want to pay him 36 million dollars over 4 years. He's certainly worth that, but in rebuilding mode, that cap flexibility is more pivotal. The move was strictly financial. It wasn't because we thought Ayon was as good as Anderson, we probably just felt he was better than nothing. Anderson wasn't ever going to stay here, unfortunately. We were in too ****** of a cap situation

2. Yes. If they miss the playoffs this year we get their first round pick. If they make it, we'll end up getting their 2017 first rounder in all likelihood.
    Thanks.

Do you think we can get Josh Smith, Ellis and Tyrekke Evans at the end of the season?

What´s your opinion about JJ Hickson, Millsap, Al Jefferson and Blatche?

vCash
    Smith, Ellis...no...Evans, probably not
    Quote Originally Posted by heimdog8 View Post
    I didn't want to throw this information out here. I was a 3 year varsity starter at QB in high school. I played quarterback in junior college as well. I was considering playing division 1 football as well but chose to pursue my career in business instead. However, currently I am helping train with Derek Carr from Fresno State get ready for his pro day and the draft. I am also working with Cody Kessler, the USC quarterback.

vCash
    Actually. I think I lied.

One future first-round pick from the Lakers

This pick is tied to the Lakers’ sign-and-trade deal with the Phoenix Suns for Steve Nash, and the Magic cannot receive the Lakers’ first-round pick until the Lakers satisfy their obligation to the Suns.

That said, the only way the Magic don’t get a protected pick from the Lakers for the 2017 draft is if the Lakers are terrible in 2012-13 and fail to make the playoffs. That’s not going to happen.

But if the Lakers don’t make the playoffs until 2013-14, the Magic would get a Lakers’ protected first-round pick in 2018. If by some miracle the Lakers don’t make the playoffs in any of the next three seasons, the Magic would not get a first-round pick from the Lakers and instead would get the Lakers’ second-round pick in 2017 and the Lakers’ second-round pick in 2018 because of the CBA rule that prevents a team from trading a first-round pick seven years out.

Here are the protection terms:
    • 2017 draft: The Magic will receive the pick if it falls from sixth overall to 30th overall. If the pick falls from first overall to fifth overall, L.A. will keep the pick and Orlando instead will receive a protected first-round pick in 2018.

• 2018 draft: The Magic will receive the pick if it falls from sixth overall to 30th overall. If the pick falls from first overall to fifth overall, L.A. will keep the pick and Orlando instead will receive a first-round pick in 2019.

• 2019 draft: Unprotected. The Magic will receive the pick no matter what it falls.
    So the earliest we can get it is 2017 I guess.

vCash
    2017...too far away.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sporting (Port) View Post
    Thanks.

Do you think we can get Josh Smith, Ellis and Tyrekke Evans at the end of the season?

What´s your opinion about JJ Hickson, Millsap, Al Jefferson and Blatche?
    Dont think any of those guys are realistic options for us

Hickson and Blatche are role players who give you energy and solid minutes off the bench, which we really don't need especially at the position considering were already crowded there (Nicholson, baby, ayon , Harrington eventually )

Milsap and Jefferson are good players but were just not in a position to add those guys and be a championship team... My viewpoint is its very easy to be a playoff team in the nba , more teams make the playoffs then don't ...your goal should not be to be a playoff team but a championship team for years to come..

It sounds obvious but we see teams all the time rebuild by putting good players together with no superstar ...I.e. Denver post mello , Utah post D-Will....teams that will go to maybe the second round but never win a ship with the current cast

vCash
    I read somewhere that harringtons contract is only 50% guaranteed in 2013 and 2014. Can some1 confirm this?

vCash
    That is correct 5ass
    I didn't want to throw this information out here. I was a 3 year varsity starter at QB in high school. I played quarterback in junior college as well. I was considering playing division 1 football as well but chose to pursue my career in business instead. However, currently I am helping train with Derek Carr from Fresno State get ready for his pro day and the draft. I am also working with Cody Kessler, the USC quarterback.

vCash
    But I'm pretty sure we trade him before the deadline

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 5ass View Post
    I read somewhere that harringtons contract is only 50% guaranteed in 2013 and 2014. Can some1 confirm this?
    Yes that is correct, he might be traded by the deadline

Man Of Steel

vCash
    He even changed his mind on buying a house down here because of all the rumors of him possibly being dealt.

vCash
    Thank god, his contract isnt as bad as i thought. Supe not only does he think hes getting traded, he wants to get traded. He wants to get healthy and play soon because he knows that no1 is going to take him at the trade deadline if he doesnt. He really wants out, and im happy about that. Let him work hard and build his trade value so we could send him packing for like a late 1st or watvr we can get.

vCash
    I heard Tyreke Evens could be on the trade block, if this is true, I think he should be the one we go after. Able to play PG/SG/SF is great. May have to give up Harrington/Reddick/draft pick (not 2013 first rd) but it would give us a great start to a rebuild.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by I-4_Fan View Post
    I heard Tyreke Evens could be on the trade block, if this is true, I think he should be the one we go after. Able to play PG/SG/SF is great. May have to give up Harrington/Reddick/draft pick (not 2013 first rd) but it would give us a great start to a rebuild.
    I'd love to get Tyreke but idk if we have the pieces to, unless we offer a first round pick. Or we can just take our chances in free agency and hope the Kings don't match the offer sheet.
    Magic. Red Sox. Colts. Knights.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast