Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SFrush90 View Post
    That's why I said this. http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...6&postcount=16 And my post you quoted was in response to someone who said he bounced back as a Yankee and I was arguing he didn't.

But still, why sign a player that's good only 50% of the time and especially for 6.5M/year? Not a good move.
    He played better as a yankee, so I don't see how you say he didn't. His numbers were better. Guess what? He is going back to play in the same park where he turned it around last year.

He had an offer from the Giants for more money, but maybe he knew he was better at Yankee Stadium, so he went there.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Gibby23 View Post
    He played better as a yankee, so I don't see how you say he didn't. His numbers were better. Guess what? He is going back to play in the same park where he turned it around last year.

He had an offer from the Giants for more money, but maybe he knew he was better at Yankee Stadium, so he went there.
    So he'll have good numbers only half time? Wow thats great. He had better numbers at Yankee Stadium because of Yankee Stadium. His stats were inflated. He didn't turn it around. If he did we would've seen a big improvement in his road numbers, but we didn't. The Yankee Stadium isn't the real Ichiro. His numbers outside of Yankee Stadium prove that. He's been declining offensively the past three years. He's not good offensively anymore.

I know the Giants offered him a contract. I'm glad he didn't accept it.
    Last edited by SFrush90; 12-14-2012 at 12:29 PM.

Ariana Grande

vCash
    So he'll have good numbers only half time? Wow thats great. He had better numbers at Yankee Stadium because of Yankee Stadium. His stats were inflated. He didn't turn it around. If he did we would've seem a a big improvement in his road numbers, but we didn't. The Yankee Stadium isn't the real Ichiro. His numbers outside of Yankee Stadium prove that. He's been declining offensively the past three years. He's not good offensively anymore.

I'm quite aware the Giants offered him a contract. I'm glad he didn't accept it.
    Half the time is better nothing, I mean it is 50% of the games played. It is half of a teams games, so it means something. He is good offensively in his home stadium, if he played for another team, you might be on to something.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Gibby23 View Post
    Half the time is better nothing, I mean it is 50% of the games played. It is half of a teams games, so it means something. He is good offensively in his home stadium, if he played for another team, you might be on to something.
    Which is why I said it makes sense for the Yankee only, but I still believe it wasn't a good move. 50% of the time isn't worth 6.5M/year.

Ariana Grande

vCash
    Which is why I said it makes sense for the Yankee only, but I still believe it wasn't a good move. 50% of the time isn't worth 6.5M/year.
    6.5 million is worth it, if he had those numbers 100% of the time, he would make 12 to 13 million a year.

vCash
    Ok.

Ariana Grande

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234