Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    vCash
    As an O's fan, I have faith in my Front Office. Dan Duquette and Buck Showalter are running the show and you can't complain with the moves the O's have made thus far.

Wei Yen Chen had a great rookies season. (3 yr/12mill)

We traded Guthrie for Hammel and Lindstrom (who later netted us Joe Saunders, who won two big playoff gamed for us)

Picked up Nate McLouth

Signing Miguel Gonzalez

I really want to get a hitter and another pitcher though

The problem is with the ownership. Peter Angelos is awful. I honestly didn't see the O's would see a winning season or a playoff berth until after he kicked the bucket. Boy was I worng.

We need a better owner. I believe this team can sustain a $130 millionish payroll and we usually stay around $80 million. We need to invest more in scouting and international development so we can field a competetitive team more often, in turn filling the seats.

vCash
    hard not to hate Larry Lucchino, however I like Ben Cherrington a lot actually. I think he was the right move for the red sox at GM and people don't give him much credit.

lol, small kid got tripped by a tuba player

vCash
    Not anymore!

Coming soon to a TKRO stadium near you

vCash
    I ****ing hate my FO.

vCash
    Not yet...

vCash
    Despite everything I can't say I hate them. Sadly I've seen much worse. Huntington is irking me with his decisions this offseason and overall I think it is probably time for him to go but with what we had in the last two GMs I can't say I hate him. He is at least competent and that is a big step forward for the Pirates.

Follow Me On Twitter: @battling_bucs

It's Back!: Battling Bucs

vCash
    Cubs - Like our FO. The culling that is happening is quite necessary if we want to achieve sustained success. Although I wouldn't mind seeing them add a few more ML pieces soon.

vCash
    My team is the Mets. The question answers itself. SMH...

vCash
    Red Sox: Ehh...not really. I think they've made some decent steps towards correcting the problems that have existed for a while now.

Pirates: Ehh...it's been worse. Still very frustrating though.
    [IMG]hi[/IMG]

vCash
    Mets fan. so yea

vCash
    Love everything Anthopolous has done outside of one awful trade that boggles my mind...

JA Happ.

vCash
    Even when they were picking top 10 draft picks, I still actually believed in my front office.

The longest tenured GM in baseball, and he gets a lot of criticism, but most of his trades turn out quite well. And he's got a few you can count on one hand that have been bad.

They had a plan while losing to make this team competitive in 2012. And then they won a WS in 2010... and sure enough won in 2012. Drafting Cain, Lincecum, Bumgarner, Posey, Belt, Romo, Wilson, Crawford, Vogelsong will do it!
    2012 World Series Champs Auto Checklist: Jeremy Affeldt, Javier Lopez (2), Ryan Vogelsong, George Kontos (2), Buster Posey, Brian Sabean, Bruce Bochy, Brandon Crawford, Sergio Romo, Barry Zito...

Dcup is offline In loving memory..Hawkeye
    vCash
    Brewers

Don't love them necessarily, but definitely don't hate them either. There hasn't been another regime capable of keeping the Brewers contenders like Doug Melvin and Mark Attanasio have. However, I still have a bit of heartburn over the Shaun Marcum for Brett Lawrie deal. Understanding that Marcum helped propel us to the NLCS and division championship in 2011 I still can't emphasize the importance of a 3B, especially a young guy like that. However, I loved the CC deal and the Greinke deal. We could've stood to give up a little less in the Greinke deal, but one of the pieces just got traded to the Rays with Will Myers, so it is what is. I'm not a huge Royals fan, but have been cheering for them to be good for a long time (underdog complex), so it's exciting to see them making moves to be relevant.

If the Brewers can get the bullpen rebuilt and add a Ryan Dempster type pitcher to the rotation, watch out Cincinnati.
    If I facepalmed any harder I would have cracked my own skull.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dcup View Post
    Brewers

Don't love them necessarily, but definitely don't hate them either. There hasn't been another regime capable of keeping the Brewers contenders like Doug Melvin and Mark Attanasio have. However, I still have a bit of heartburn over the Shaun Marcum for Brett Lawrie deal. Understanding that Marcum helped propel us to the NLCS and division championship in 2011 I still can't emphasize the importance of a 3B, especially a young guy like that. However, I loved the CC deal and the Greinke deal. We could've stood to give up a little less in the Greinke deal, but one of the pieces just got traded to the Rays with Will Myers, so it is what is. I'm not a huge Royals fan, but have been cheering for them to be good for a long time (underdog complex), so it's exciting to see them making moves to be relevant.

If the Brewers can get the bullpen rebuilt and add a Ryan Dempster type pitcher to the rotation, watch out Cincinnati.
    I said something similar to your signature once.

I said I just facepalmed so hard that I have a concussion.

Brewers are interesting. The Lawrie deal has to be the one that really hurts. and I feel like Braun was extended too early, but that doesn't seem like it's going to be a problem.

And why aren't you saying watch out Cardinals?

vCash
    I get annoyed when Sabean acquires what I think is "trash".. then somehow he turns that trash into gold... at least recently he has.

I get annoyed when Sabean and co. don't go after big names who I think will be difference makers, but then i realize its best to stay away from long contracts as we've learnt the hard way..

The Giants have done a wonderful job keeping our homegrown core players to reasonable contracts i.e. cain, bumgarner, sandoval... i'm nervous to see the money that is given to Posey, but I hope we make him a lifelong Giant.

So no, I don't HATE my FO at all, however I do get annoyed with them at times.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast