Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
Results 106 to 114 of 114
  1. #106
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    1,979
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by grandsalami View Post
    the only people who should hate thier FO is MIA fans..... Everyone else should be thankful they did not have mccourt or MIA as their owners/FO
    yea 2 world series in 15 years is really horrible. and omg getting rid of some bad contracts after a 69 win season... omg what a horrible front office.

  2. #107
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Arvada, Colorado
    Posts
    18,351
    vCash
    653
    Yes, a million times yes!

  3. #108
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    18,403
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by thomass View Post
    yea 2 world series in 15 years is really horrible. and omg getting rid of some bad contracts after a 69 win season... omg what a horrible front office.
    The internet hive mind works in mysterious ways. See, when they spent everyone was like dude wtf spending, spending does not mean you will win! The spending didn't work, they wanted out, they got out quickly, brought in a nice haul of prospects on the way out, and now nobody likes them anyway.

    The Marlins are run by some very smart people...I would love to see their version of a MoneyBall or the Extra 2% if someone was allowed to write it.

  4. #109
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    1,979
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by SenorGato View Post
    The internet hive mind works in mysterious ways. See, when they spent everyone was like dude wtf spending, spending does not mean you will win! The spending didn't work, they wanted out, they got out quickly, brought in a nice haul of prospects on the way out, and now nobody likes them anyway.

    The Marlins are run by some very smart people...I would love to see their version of a MoneyBall or the Extra 2% if someone was allowed to write it.
    exactly. I was shocked to find that the marlins had the 8th highest payroll in baseball last year and what did that get them? 69 wins. The braves spent $30mil less and got 94 wins. Ecnomics folks. The marlins cant afford to spend like a top 10 team when they rank consistently near the bottom in attendance.

  5. #110
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    4,922
    vCash
    1500
    No

    ahhh... the good ole days

    watch 4free here http://firstrownow.eu

  6. #111
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    San Francisco, CA
    Posts
    25,382
    vCash
    2500
    Quote Originally Posted by thomass View Post
    yea 2 world series in 15 years is really horrible. and omg getting rid of some bad contracts after a 69 win season... omg what a horrible front office.
    Except when the front office gets something going that's nice, they disband it as soon as it becomes good. They're a bunch of crooks and are terrible at running a franchise. The first World Series wasn't Loria's either. The Marlins have been floundering in mediocrity under Loria's ownership.

    2010, 2012, and 2014 World Series Champions

  7. #112
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Sactown
    Posts
    8,096
    vCash
    1500
    2 world series in 3 years I'll take it

    props to sfgiants5518 for the sports userbar.props to vick for other user bar.

  8. #113
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    40,014
    vCash
    1000
    Quote Originally Posted by thomass View Post
    yea 2 world series in 15 years is really horrible. and omg getting rid of some bad contracts after a 69 win season... omg what a horrible front office.
    Red Sox or Marlins?


    haha, see what I did there?



    But the Marlins are one of the worst front offices in baseball with the worst owner in baseball. And both WS wins were completely lucky, getting in on the wild card and getting hot late. Similar to the 06 and 11 Cardinals.

  9. #114
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    40,014
    vCash
    1000
    Quote Originally Posted by thomass View Post
    exactly. I was shocked to find that the marlins had the 8th highest payroll in baseball last year and what did that get them? 69 wins. The braves spent $30mil less and got 94 wins. Ecnomics folks. The marlins cant afford to spend like a top 10 team when they rank consistently near the bottom in attendance.
    Or maybe it's because of how stupidly they spent their money.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •