Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Thread: Kevin Love?

vCash

Kevin Love?

Kevin Love is reportedly very unhappy in Minnesota.

http://www.awolfamongwolves.com/2012...th-the-wolves/

I know it's a pipe dream but with Mark Cuban as our owner, anything can happen. Is there any way we can get Kevin Love? Love would solve a lot of our rebounding and defensive woes and provides the same scoring as Kaman. Would be a perfect complement to Dirk as well. He could also be the face of the Mavs in the post Nowitzki era if Mayo isn't. He would also be that second star that Cuban has always wanted for Dirk (If Mayo isn't already) A trio of Mayo + Nowitzki + Love would be unstoppable and Mavs would instantly become legit contenders without question.

I'm probably dreaming here but I wonder if Wolves GM Kahn would actually make Love (LOL) available. If so, I know Cuban would definitely look into it. I'd trade anyone not named Mayo, Nowitzki, Crowder for Love.

Thoughts MFFL?

Oakland Raiders / Jason Kidd-Mavericks Fan Till Death

vCash
    We have NOTHING to offer that could even come close to being worthy of Love. I'm not a huge fan of Love, as his stats have never amounted to wins and even Gasol could take an awful Grizzlies team to the playoffs, same with Bosh and the Raptors. But that being said, if there were a way to land him, I certainly would try. I just know the Mavs couldn't come close to making a deal worthy of him and some other team could do better.
    "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."
    Dr. Seuss

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Skizzik View Post
    We have NOTHING to offer that could even come close to being worthy of Love. I'm not a huge fan of Love, as his stats have never amounted to wins and even Gasol could take an awful Grizzlies team to the playoffs, same with Bosh and the Raptors. But that being said, if there were a way to land him, I certainly would try. I just know the Mavs couldn't come close to making a deal worthy of him and some other team could do better.
    The best part about them making Love available is that Kahn doesn't think highly of Love so I was hoping they would pull off a Gasol-like trade lol I would give up two first rounders AND second rounders for him, plus Marion, Collison, Roddy B, Cunningham, etc or a three-team trade. I sound too hopeful though lol

Oakland Raiders / Jason Kidd-Mavericks Fan Till Death

vCash
    You wouldn't trade Crowder for Love.....

Dallas Mavericks GM
    2000-2001 - 50-32 (Conf. Semis)
    2001-2002 - 54-28 *Division Champs (Conf. Finals)
    2002-2003 - 63-19 *Division Champs (NBA Finals)
    2003-2004 - 63-19 *Division Champs (Conf. Finals)
    2004-2005 - 70-12 *Division Champs (Conf. Semis)
    2005-2006 - 23-59
    2006-2007 - 18-64
    2007-2008 - 47-35
    2008-2009 - 49-33
    2009-2010 - 61-22 *Division Champs (NBA Finals)
    2010-2011 - 61-22 *Division Champs (NBA Champs!)

vCash
    I love Love!

What's not to like about him? He's the perfect fit with Carlisle and anytime you have a guy that can score and rebound especially rebound on the offensive glass. I'm not sure how much of a defender he is but he can't be worse than Dirk.

I don't see Mini trading him because all we have is expiring contracts and I don't see Mini wanting to start over

vCash
    Dont really have anything to offer but minny does have a hard on for point gaurds
    Hello Mr Crowder

vCash
    Lol 0 chance. Mayo - Love would be a nice future though

vCash
    I don't see anything we can trade to entice them enough to give us K-Love. They wouldn't be overly desperate for expiring contracts, we aren't exactly filled with superstars. Our only chance is if he ever makes it to FA, and we can find a way to convince him to come to Dallas.
    TAKE PRIDE

vCash
    Having Mayo and Love would be interesting since they had been traded for each other on draft night. As Skizz and ebbs said, we have basically no shot at this. Not only is Minny not shopping Love, we just don't have an attractive package

vCash
    hmm i'm not the biggest fan of love but he is a good guy who can REBOUND nihgt in night out !

Andrew Graham:
    "Dallas not a playoff team?? Dirk, Dwight and 13 Adam Morrisons would make the playoffs. "

What do the Mavs say???

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebbs View Post
    Lol 0 chance. Mayo - Love would be a nice future though
    there is no way you get Love without giving up one of Nowitzki or Mayo.. not a chance. but hey, we all can dream right?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RyBayBay View Post
    there is no way you get Love without giving up one of Nowitzki or Mayo.. not a chance. but hey, we all can dream right?
    Yea that's what I said. Love could choose to leave down the road but yea. . .

Dirk for Love would be dumb for you guys given age.

vCash
    Nothing is impossible, ever since the trade for Gasol to the lakers...anything can happen. Please dont say everyone knew Marc Gasol would be this good when the trade happened cause that would be false

vCash
    We're not the Lakers.

vCash
    I would love to have Kevin Love but he pissed away any leverage he had in forcing a trade when he signed that contract. With the new CBA starting to hit teams hard this off season owners are going to shy away from monster contracts. Although considering Minnesota is a small market team Love could be one of the players that I mentioned in another post that we will be suprised are available.