Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Andray Blatche is developing into a Star

I didn't see this. I really didn't at all but this guy has turned into a beast in Lopez absence. His main problem has always been laziness and low Bball IQ which now seems like an after thought. Avery has always been known for being able to light a fire under talent underachievers. He did it with Gerald Green last year and Hump the year before. This year it's Blatche who as a 7 footer at 26 years old has way more talent than both of those guys before him. I think he is proving he can be an allstar in this league Avery and a solid group of Vets around him.

Can him and Lopez, our best player, form a top front court duo in the league but is this a flash in the pan?

vCash
    I was very impressed with Blatche in the Knicks game.
    I think deron would have something to sat about Lopez being Brooklyn's best player

vCash
    No No No.

Blatche is NOT developing into a star, what he is developing into is a very solid player. His defense is still very suspect but offensively and on the glass he's relentless, he's finally putting good to use to his insane talent level.

That being said Brook Lopez is by far the better player and those two should never play together.

Brook and Blatche are both offensive minded big men who would fit better next to rebounding/defensive bigs like Evans. Also if you bring Blatche off the bench, you will always have a low post scoring threat, that's something that is invaluable.

Having Hump and Evans together is a disaster.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Moroni View Post
    I was very impressed with Blatche in the Knicks game.
    I think deron would have something to sat about Lopez being Brooklyn's best player
    I wish he would then id show him the stats

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by krisxsong View Post
    No No No.

Blatche is NOT developing into a star, what he is developing into is a very solid player. His defense is still very suspect but offensively and on the glass he's relentless, he's finally putting good to use to his insane talent level.

That being said Brook Lopez is by far the better player and those two should never play together.

Brook and Blatche are both offensive minded big men who would fit better next to rebounding/defensive bigs like Evans. Also if you bring Blatche off the bench, you will always have a low post scoring threat, that's something that is invaluable.

Having Hump and Evans together is a disaster.
    Solid players dont average 18/9 and 2.4 stls on 54% shooting when given a chance to start

Blatche hasn't been a bad defender by any stretch and is a true PF.
    Last edited by waveycrockett; 12-13-2012 at 02:30 AM.

vCash
    I wish we had the ability to start blatche at the 4.... but we dont
    [

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jmoney85 View Post
    I wish we had the ability to start blatche at the 4.... but we dont
    We need to be looking for a backup Center in the trade/free agent market. I like to look at Hassan Whiteside (so much potential), Amir Johnson or Jason Thompson. We need to move Blatche in the starting role. MUCHHHHHH easier than trading for a starting PF.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by waveycrockett View Post
    Solid players dont average 18/9 and 2.4 stls on 54% shooting when given a chance to start

5 games?

That's 5 games. He gets in foul trouble far too much and yes he is a poor defender.

Is he a true PF? Maybe but that doesn't mean he has to start. I think he's our 2nd best big man but that doesn't mean you should start him.

Look at OKC. Is Harden better than Sefalosha? Heck yeah he is but in their starting lineup they had enough scoring, they needed a lock-down defender in that unit so Harden came off the bench.

Same story. We don't need Blatche's scoring in the starting unit, we need it off the bench.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by krisxsong:24709689

5 games?

That's 5 games. He gets in foul trouble far too much and yes he is a poor defender.

Is he a true PF? Maybe but that doesn't mean he has to start. I think he's our 2nd best big man but that doesn't mean you should start him.

Look at OKC. Is Harden better than Sefalosha? Heck yeah he is but in their starting lineup they had enough scoring, they needed a lock-down defender in that unit so Harden came off the bench.

Same story. We don't need Blatche's scoring in the starting unit, we need it off the bench.
    Andray Blatche didnt come from the Dleague. Everyone knew he was very very talented which is why he got the huge deal with the wiz. He was just very very lazy.

To say its been just 5 games is ignorant. I dont see how he has been a bad defender. Id like some proof on that one.

Thabo was a token stater. Harden was the true starter like Manu with Spurs. Blatche should be playing 30+ mins always
    Last edited by waveycrockett; 12-13-2012 at 03:00 AM.

vCash
    Andray Blatche didnt come from the Dleague. Everyone knew he was very very talented which is why he got the huge deal with the wiz. He was just very very lazy.

To say its been just 5 games is ignorant. I dont see how he has been a bad defender. Id like some proof on that one.

Thabo was a token stater. Blatche should be playing 30+ mins always
    Just because you have talent doesn't mean that you should expect success. You can't use talent as a precedent and say "Looks he's turning into a star because he's always had the talent".

I know his rap sheet. Very talented, just lazy and not focused.

Blatche should be playing 30+min? I don't know about that one. Who's our back-up Center? Who's gonna carry the offense for our 2nd unit?

When Brook Lopez was our starter, we as a team gave up 90 points per game. With Blatche as our starter, we as a team are giving up 112 points per game. If that's not a clear indicator of how poor Blatche is on defense I don't know what is.

Look I like Blatche and I value him a lot but let's not make him out to be some all around great big man. He's played great for the last 5 games on offense.

Again, if you're gonna start Blatche then where's our 2nd unit offense gonna come from?

If you start Blatche, you're giving up something you have over every other team in the NBA, a legit big man off the bench who can score.

If you start Blatche, you have no real rebounding in your starting lineup. Lopez is not a good rebounder and Blatche is average at best.

Blatche should not be in our starting unit as long as Brook Lopez is.

It's better to pair an offensive big with a defensive/rebounding big, not another offensive big.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by krisxsong:24709731

Thabo was a token stater. Blatche should be playing 30+ mins always
    Just because you have talent doesn't mean that you should expect success. You can't use talent as a precedent and say "Looks he's turning into a star because he's always had the talent".

I know his rap sheet. Very talented, just lazy and not focused.

Blatche should be playing 30+min? I don't know about that one. Who's our back-up Center? Who's gonna carry the offense for our 2nd unit?

When Brook Lopez was our starter, we as a team gave up 90 points per game. With Blatche as our starter, we as a team are giving up 112 points per game. If that's not a clear indicator of how poor Blatche is on defense I don't know what is.

Look I like Blatche and I value him a lot but let's not make him out to be some all around great big man. He's played great for the last 5 games on offense.

Again, if you're gonna start Blatche then where's our 2nd unit offense gonna come from?

If you start Blatche, you're giving up something you have over every other team in the NBA, a legit big man off the bench who can score.

If you start Blatche, you have no real rebounding in your starting lineup. Lopez is not a good rebounder and Blatche is average at best.

Blatche should not be in our starting unit as long as Brook Lopez is.

It's better to pair an offensive big with a defensive/rebounding big, not another offensive big.
    Not....at...all. It means we are forced to play everyone out of position. Hump at Center, Evans at Center with the second unit. Look at the Knicks game. Our defense was very good when Blatche was on the floor overall compared to off the floor he just isnt a shot blocket or a center. Not to mention we lost a very good shot blocker in Lopez. Blatche isnt soft by any means. He does foul too much but i never see that as a bad thing. I actually hate it when bigs dont use their fouls. Its one thing Lopez did all the time. And i mentioned names for backup center
    Last edited by waveycrockett; 12-13-2012 at 03:27 AM.

vCash
    Not....at...all. It means we are forced to play everyone out of position. Hump at Center, Evans at Center with the second unit. Look at the Knicks game. Our defense was very good when Blatche was on the floor overall compared to off the floor he just isnt a shot blocket or a center. Not to mention we lost a very good shot blocker in Lopez. Blatche isnt soft by any means. He does foul too much but i never see that as a bad thing. I actually hate it when bigs dont use their fouls. Its one thing Lopez did all the time. And i mentioned names for backup center
    So you WANT to play everyone out of position?

Our defense was good, but Blatche wasn't doing anything in particular. It was more of Joe Johnson, Gerald Wallace, and Reggie Evans. I re-watched the game and it was those 3 that were wreaking havoc on the KNicks.

What? Blatche getting in foul trouble is a good thing? What in the world....How can you call him a star then say it's not a bad thing that he gets in foul trouble. If he gets in foul trouble he gets less playing time which means his rhythm is broken AND he can't be as aggressive.

You want Reggie Evans at Center? Boy oh boy, that's a recipe for disaster. Maybe when the opposition goes really small it might work but not on a regular basis.

I know that Blatche isn't a Center, but he's really flourishing as one and he's really the only other player that can play Center on our team.

I don't get why you want to kill our incredible depth with Blatche on the bench. The bench isn't always a bad thing. Coming off the bench doesn't mean you suck or anything. Our offense was very good with DWILL JJ Wallace Hump and Lopez. You don't need anymore offense in that lineup.

Again you never answered my question, who's our scoring option off the bench? CJ Watson? Jerry Stackhouse? Kris Humphries? Reggie Evans?

East Flatbush to Canarsie to Roselle park
    vCash
    Blatche is a very skilled offensive player, but his defense makes Lopez look like Bill Russel.

He's also a black hole, you can run an offense through Lopez because he's a willing passer, once Blatche gets it, it's going up.
    He has been great for us, but we need him in the backup center role.

vCash
    I know Melo scored over 40 points against us, but Gerald Wallace was playing great D against him.

The main problem the Nets had where they would have stints that they just wouldn't rebound the ball. I think with Lopez that doesn't happen - he may not be the best rebounder, but the presence of a 7 footer is great.
    'Cause my life is dope, and I do dope shi*

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Oldmantrash View Post
    Blatche is a very skilled offensive player, but his defense makes Lopez look like Bill Russel.

He's also a black hole, you can run an offense through Lopez because he's a willing passer, once Blatche gets it, it's going up.
    He has been great for us, but we need him in the backup center role.
    Bingo.
    Manchester City - Baltimore Ravens - Baltimore Orioles - Brooklyn Nets

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast