Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 61 of 69 FirstFirst ... 11515960616263 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Ill take smyly. Seems like a barney for smyly could work.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Assman22 View Post
    Smyly or Porcello?
    Porcello. He has higher upside while Smyly will top out as an average 3

vCash
    Cubs checked in on Michael Bourn again yesterday... confirmed interest in Kelly Johnson and Jose Lopez... in on multiple pitchers- Mark Lowe, Kyle McClellan, Carlos Villanueva all spoken to today...
    Ombudsman

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ABTY7 View Post
    Cubs checked in on Michael Bourn again yesterday... confirmed interest in Kelly Johnson and Jose Lopez... in on multiple pitchers- Mark Lowe, Kyle McClellan, Carlos Villanueva all spoken to today...
    That could be interesting

#VoteRizzo... or else

vCash
    THE Jose Lopez? Ugh.

Blech.
    U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!

I'm a Chicago Cubs, Philadelphia Eagles, Philadelphia Flyers, and a University of Kentucky fan. You may be a Dallas Cowboys fan, a St. Louis Cardinals fan, a Pittsburgh Penguins fan or a Louisville Cardinals alumn. From June 12 - July 13, we are both American. Go, go, USA!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Chi-Town Cubs25 View Post
    Porcello. He has higher upside while Smyly will top out as an average 3
    Porcello's groundball rate combined with the Cubs' defense could be a great match. Porcello also has some red flags. Honestly, I just really want to see the Cubs sell high on Barney.

Smyly btw wouldn't be arb eligible until 2015 and is under team control until 2019. Porcello OTOH is arb eligible this offseason and under team control until 2016.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 1908_Cubs View Post
    THE Jose Lopez? Ugh.

Honestly, outside of Johnson and Bourn, and to a certain extent Villanueva all of that is crap on a stick.
    We've reached that point... Minor league deal(s) only for a McClellan and Lopez...
    Ombudsman

vCash
    I hope we could possibly getbourn for a low cost. Not a big fan of his but if we can get him at less than his worth, you have to sign him.

vCash
    Johnson and Villanueva please. Sell high on Darweiner.

vCash
    I don't see a ton of options for a Barney trade right now. Disappointed the A's signed Nakajima.

vCash
    Lowe lost around 3mph off his fastball last season. Was that injury related? He suffered some form of abdominal strain in late June, but his velocity was down for most of the year.

vCash
    We've reached that point... Minor league deal(s) only for a McClellan and Lopez...
    Yeah. But it kind of seems like the team reached that point at the beginning of the offseason, outside of Anibal Sanchez.

Even from someone who expected a fairly mum offseason, this offseason has even been without a promising trade to this point. They've got time, but this has been even more mum than last season, which at least brought us Rizzo.
    U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!

I'm a Chicago Cubs, Philadelphia Eagles, Philadelphia Flyers, and a University of Kentucky fan. You may be a Dallas Cowboys fan, a St. Louis Cardinals fan, a Pittsburgh Penguins fan or a Louisville Cardinals alumn. From June 12 - July 13, we are both American. Go, go, USA!

vCash
    Darwin & Russell for Sean Doolittle please. Get Brad Pitt on the horn...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 1908_Cubs View Post
    Yeah. But it kind of seems like the team reached that point at the beginning of the offseason, outside of Anibal Sanchez.

Even from someone who expected a fairly mum offseason, this offseason has even been without a promising trade to this point. They've got time, but this has been even more mum than last season, which at least brought us Rizzo.
    They've got plenty of time. The Rizzo trade wasn't made until after New Years last year. I still think they make at least one significant move before spring training.

vCash
    Bourne would likely be a prelude to Soriano or Dejesus getting traded correct?

I keep hearing Texas or Seattle may be interested in Soriano, anything to this or just speculation?

Definitely down for Villanueva, Not sure where Johnson fits in but I like him. Anything else on JP Howell?

I feel like there is a trade in the near future.

Page 61 of 69 FirstFirst ... 11515960616263 ... LastLast