Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 69 FirstFirst ... 456781656 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by petrey10 View Post
    bro you think we got Stewart cause he was hurt?? He was supposed to be just as healthy last year. You are dreaming if you all of a sudden think he is going to be someone productive. Best case scenario is becomes slightly below average instead of TERRIBLE.

And the debate about Brown is null and void if they don't actually make the trade. Its still a long shot as I think the Cubs need to eat more than 10 million of the 38 million left.
    The report was the Cubs would pay all of his salary BUT 10 million, not only 10 million so whatever team that gets him would be getting Soriano for 2yrs 5 mil/yr which is a bargain.

vCash
    Crisp has been a SABR GM's favorite cheap CF for a long time now. Shapiro, Epstein, and then Beane with probably everyone else chasing him.

He makes complete sense if they move DeJesus, which I am hoping for more and more. The thing that sucks is that he's struggled against lefties lately, though his 2012 .682 OPS isn't a killer and his career splits are almost dead even. Wrigley isn't a bad place to hit so maybe he can find some kind of groove here for a year...

First thing's first - they should probably move DeJesus.

vCash
    I am still waiting on someone to show me this mysterious surgery that Stewart had on his wrist in 2010/2011?

So like I said I am hoping they fixed the issue with THIS WRIST SURGERY. So since he has never been 100% I am really anxious to see what he brings to the table.

If Kobe Bryant had to play with gloves on the rest of his career he would avg about 9 points per game. Give healthy Ian a chance if he sucks count your losses.
    Last edited by ABE32; 12-12-2012 at 12:56 PM.
    BUTTERFLIES AND RAINBOWS!!!!! JP611 Just called me an ecstasy user!!!! WTF!!!

Welcome Tyler Kolek or Brady Aiken or Carlos Rodon if not one of them say hello To Alex Jackson.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SenorGato View Post
    If you're trading a player obviously he is not a part of the future of the team. You are getting a lesser future by selling your now talents for less.

I doubt that Brown, by himself, is the best value you can get for Soriano. Just because Soriano is an older player does not automatically negate the fact that he can still hit really well and even play a little defense (with a good arm in the OF too).

Trading for the sake of trading is not a good way to operate...It would be just as hapless and directionless as the last group.
    Soriano isn't really a part of the future of this organization whether we trade him or not. Is he going to help lead this team to the postseason? The odds of that are small. The odds of Brown helping this team make the postseason are much greater than Soriano.

And I don't know if Brown is the best we can get. I don't know what negotiations are going on. I never said that he was. I said that he might be, and if he is, that has to be a deal that you make. If it's not, well then obviously you make the other trade. But I think holding onto Soriano for a higher price at the trading deadline is an unnecessary risk if you could get Brown now.

vCash
    Now Soriano for Brown and Aumont/Martin? THAT would be interesting.

They still need bullpen help so maybe make it Soriano and Marmol for Brown, Aumont/Martin, Diekman, and Pettibone.

Soriano isn't really a part of the future of this organization whether we trade him or not.
    I'm not sure why this is relevant in his trade value.

Is he going to help lead this team to the postseason? The odds of that are small. The odds of Brown helping this team make the postseason are much greater than Soriano.
    1. That isn't a real standard for trading Soriano. No one player is getting you to the playoffs.

2. This is false. Soriano, by virtue of being the better player (better being more directly relevant towards winning than younger/cheaper) is more likely to lead your team to the playoffs anyway.

And I don't know if Brown is the best we can get. I don't know what negotiations are going on. I never said that he was. I said that he might be, and if he is, that has to be a deal that you make. If it's not, well then obviously you make the other trade. But I think holding onto Soriano for a higher price at the trading deadline is an unnecessary risk if you could get Brown now.
    I think trading Soriano for Brown in a one for one is an unnecessary risk. At least Soriano might end up leaving us with a pick in 2014 after a couple more productive seasons, and yes it is more likely he is productive than Brown is over the next two years. Brown could do the likely thing and simply never become what he was said to be.

DeJesus for Brown I would do without thinking twice if that was in any way possible.
    Last edited by SenorGato; 12-12-2012 at 01:02 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KyleJRM View Post
    He had wrist surgery after 2010 and promised everything was all better and he'd hit again.
    Are you sure about that? Everything I read around when he had the surgery was about how they were convincing him to finally accept the surgery option after years of trying to avoid it with physical therapy alone. He can say whatever he wants, but if this is the first time he's actually had surgery to fix the problem, then it's the best chance he's had yet of actually getting himself right.

Being that he's coming off surgery, is there some reason he can't simply be placed on a rehab stint in the minors? I haven't seen that mentioned, so I assume there's a reason it can't happen.

vCash
    I would love to make a chance on Aumont. Probably past him getting a chance in the rotation again but he could turn into a solid late inning guy

vCash
    You're right, I was going off some bad information on a "Fan news" site.

He doesn't appear to have had surgery before, but he's done all kinds of different rehabs since he first hurt his wrist in 2005 and promised it was all better going into each season.

And the history of "coming off wrist surgery" seasons isn't very good.

vCash
    At 23 I doubt we're past Aumont getting a chance to one day make a rotation. Earliest I would do it is maybe late 2014.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldog312 View Post
    Soriano isn't really a part of the future of this organization whether we trade him or not. Is he going to help lead this team to the postseason? The odds of that are small. The odds of Brown helping this team make the postseason are much greater than Soriano.

"I don't want this guy anymore, so the best we can get is fine" is how you end up trading Baeur for a mediocre SS.

vCash
    I could see a trade going down as early as tonight.

vCash
    I am tired of all the rumors and if any of you were stupid enough to sit in front of the TV (like i did) to watch the GM meetings coverage each day, they rarely mentioned the Cubs in the mix for anyone. What a waste of my DVR space! The only time when a Cubs fan can get excited is the off season to see what the brain trust is going to do to "get em next year". Now even that excitement is lost! We have 3 "real" trading chips in Garza, Shark and Castro. The only way a club can stock pile for the future fast is to make smart trades and dump stars for future stars. I never thought I would say this but I kind of miss Jim Hendry and sweet Lou! (EWWW... I know) I know the FO is trying to right over 100 years of wrong but to go from competing to 100 loses in a couple years time is painful to watch. I know it is going to take time but it would be nice to be in on a couple of more exciting deals by now. I don't think we are far away from competition so long as we can get a couple of impact players or sleepers! Just frustrated but that goes along with the territory of being a Cub fan!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ​​​​ View Post
    I could see a trade going down as early as tonight.
    The Ghost of Assman22 strikes again.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KyleJRM View Post
    "I don't want this guy anymore, so the best we can get is fine" is how you end up trading Baeur for a mediocre SS.
    Lol exactly. Corner yourself into forcing a trade and you get the kind of moves that GMs have been roundly criticized for this offseason.

vCash
    I just think you can't overlook how much Soriano's value plummets if he doesn't get off to another great start.

Still, I wouldn't just dump him for Brown right now. It's a long time until opening day.

Page 6 of 69 FirstFirst ... 456781656 ... LastLast