Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 57 of 69 FirstFirst ... 747555657585967 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Scott Miller of CBSSports.com reports the Padres are trying to sign Jackson to a multiyear deal, but talks are just chatter. I will be mad not as much as losing out on McCarthy or Sanchez but still mad if we lose out on Jackson. Especially if its to the Pads.
    The Best Wrestler in the World.... Go Cubs!!!

vCash
    The talk out here over the weekend was that the Padres had discussed a three-year deal for Jackson; some mentions of the same on Twitter, too. It's already been said on here that he's looking for more.

Danny Knobler:

Next up for the Tigers: Trading Rick Porcello. I'm told they had almost a dozen calls within 3 hours of news of Sanchez deal.
    Last edited by Yagyu+; 12-17-2012 at 01:06 PM.

I heard you were looking for me.

vCash
    Jackson should be a borderline priority at this point unless they have a trade in mind.

vCash
    I think it's only a matter of time before we sign Villanueva.

vCash
    Did anyone hear Harold Reynolds say on Hot Stove that the Cubs and Angels should get together on a trade... I was excited to hear what he had to say until he said a deal of Garza for Bourjos would work for both sides if they added Richards and another interesting piece then maybe, but straight-up is a joke. Also, Dickey for 2 years just cost 2 top 100 (one of which was top 10). Think Price will cost a lot more obviously.

vCash
    Garza/Shark for Bourjos, Richards, and Cowart or Conger wouldn't be half bad if it can happen.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KyleJRM View Post
    It's also very possible that Baez's struggles at A+ and AFL continue and he drops out of the top 50.
    You could say "It's very possible _____ struggles and drops out of the top ___" about every single prospect. So what's your point?

vCash
    That we should deal with Baez's value as it is now and not start fapping to his top-5 prospect status next offseason just yet.

vCash
    That we should deal with Baez's value as it is now and not start fapping to his top-5 prospect status next offseason just yet.
    70. 70. Gary Sheffield.

vCash
    That's the issue here, though, everything we know about prospect volatility, they know as well. The Cubs will sell him as a top 20 guy. Teams will buy him expecting potential volatility. Seems most prudent to wait. It's a gamble....but worst case....we still have Baez who could rebuild value.
    #WhyNot?

People ask me, "Why here? Why Kentucky?", I said "Why not"? It can be done here. It will be done here. Lay the foundation. Recruit and develop. Prepare to win. Day by day. Play by play. A new era of high performance. Why Kentucky? Why not? -Mark Stoops

vCash
    You're right. He's going to suck. As Cub fans we shouldn't even bother getting excited about a guy that every analyst out there has said has immense potential, even if it needs to be harnessed a bit. We should all live in fear boner world.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 1908_Cubs View Post
    That's the issue here, though, everything we know about prospect volatility, they know as well. The Cubs will sell him as a top 20 guy. Teams will buy him expecting potential volatility. Seems most prudent to wait. It's a gamble....but worst case....we still have Baez who could rebuild value.
    What?

My take from what he said - deal with Baez as what he is now, don't assume that he (or any other prospects) are going to take a huge leap forward and increase their trade value.
    Save the kittens, ignore sbs' posts
    Red Sox hater since 10/2011

It is anyway, not anyways.

vCash
    It's also very possible that Baez's struggles at A+ and AFL continue and he drops out of the top 50.
    I would point out sss and the fact that he was facing major league ready or nearly majore league ready pitching in the AFL. He's got a long way to go, but there's plenty of time for him to make adjustments. Adjusting to full season professional pitching immediately is a good sign. Adjusting to high A pitching is the next milestone.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gaughan333 View Post
    What?

My take from what he said - deal with Baez as what he is now, don't assume that he (or any other prospects) are going to take a huge leap forward and increase their trade value.
    That's exactly what I responded to. As much as we are weary about prospects and their ability to take a jump, every other team is going to be as well. This is why prospects in low-A ball have not the same trade value as someone in, say AAA.

If you trade Baez now, you're essentially trading him for pennies on the dollar as we will value him highest in a trade than anyone at this juncture. It's a certain gamble, but the kind of gamble we should take. If you hold on to him, and lets say he drops back to a top 60-top 50 prospect instead of taking that leap....well...worst case, you still have a 20 year old kid who has a 70/70 hit/power tool who can recoup his value. If you trade him for a mediocre player today, your worst case is that he takes that leap, and now you're stuck pissing in the wind.
    #WhyNot?

People ask me, "Why here? Why Kentucky?", I said "Why not"? It can be done here. It will be done here. Lay the foundation. Recruit and develop. Prepare to win. Day by day. Play by play. A new era of high performance. Why Kentucky? Why not? -Mark Stoops

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 1908_Cubs View Post
    That's exactly what I responded to. As much as we are weary about prospects and their ability to take a jump, every other team is going to be as well. This is why prospects in low-A ball have not the same trade value as someone in, say AAA.

If you trade Baez now, you're essentially trading him for pennies on the dollar as we will value him highest in a trade than anyone at this juncture. It's a certain gamble, but the kind of gamble we should take. If you hold on to him, and lets say he drops back to a top 60-top 50 prospect instead of taking that leap....well...worst case, you still have a 20 year old kid who has a 70/70 hit/power tool who can recoup his value. If you trade him for a mediocre player today, your worst case is that he takes that leap, and now you're stuck pissing in the wind.
    I don't think he is saying to trade Baez now, but when you are talking about a trade, don't just assume that someone like him is going to get a lot better and more valuable
    Save the kittens, ignore sbs' posts
    Red Sox hater since 10/2011

It is anyway, not anyways.

Page 57 of 69 FirstFirst ... 747555657585967 ... LastLast