Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 55 of 69 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Also that rotation is pretty damn close to what I want. I'm not all that desperate to trade the SPs this team does have, and I'd look into what Wood could help land before I tried extremely hard to trade Shark or Garza. Wood is cheaper, younger, and lower ceilinged than either, plus he's a rare LH starter.

The Gato dreams of: Price/Garza/Samardzija/Porcello/Appel/Vizcaino

I don't know wtf this Porcello focus is... "WE CAN FIX YOU(!)" I guess.
    Last edited by SenorGato; 12-17-2012 at 02:30 AM.

vCash
    So is our rotation right now looking like:
    Garza/Shark/Baker/Vizcaino... something? If so, that rotation has a ton of potential, I mean, it can either be awesome or suck.

And then. He made them pancakes.

vCash
    I think its Garza/Shark/Baker/Feldman/Wood

Vizcaino is on a pitch limit and probably will not be starting this year
    Save the kittens, ignore sbs' posts
    Red Sox hater since 10/2011

It is anyway, not anyways.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Doogolas View Post
    So is our rotation right now looking like:
    Garza/Shark/Baker/Vizcaino... something? If so, that rotation has a ton of potential, I mean, it can either be awesome or suck.
    There's zero chance Vizcaino makes the MLB rotation from the outset. Coming off TJ surgery and while there's been no official innings limit, Svuem has alluded to it being around the 100 inning mark, which points to him being eased back into the rotational role, not thrown into it.

Today, we're at: Garza/Shark/Baker/Feldman/Wood. I do expect Vizcaino to start for the team something around 7 times or so by August, but probably not before then.
    #WhyNot?

People ask me, "Why here? Why Kentucky?", I said "Why not"? It can be done here. It will be done here. Lay the foundation. Recruit and develop. Prepare to win. Day by day. Play by play. A new era of high performance. Why Kentucky? Why not? -Mark Stoops

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gaughan333 View Post
    I think its Garza/Shark/Baker/Feldman/Wood

Vizcaino is on a pitch limit and probably will not be starting this year
    That...is untrue. Svuem said something along the lines of about 100 innings this season for Vizcaino. 100 innings is around 30-40 more than a reliever is going to realistically see. What he probably does is play the piggy back game in the minors for the first few months (seeing 2-3 innings a "start) until he pushes back up to 6-7 innings, then spends the last 1.5-2 months with the Cubs as a SP.
    #WhyNot?

People ask me, "Why here? Why Kentucky?", I said "Why not"? It can be done here. It will be done here. Lay the foundation. Recruit and develop. Prepare to win. Day by day. Play by play. A new era of high performance. Why Kentucky? Why not? -Mark Stoops

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SenorGato View Post
    Also that rotation is pretty damn close to what I want. I'm not all that desperate to trade the SPs this team does have,

The Gato dreams of: Price/Garza/Samardzija/Porcello/Appel/Vizcaino

Sounds pretty good, I would just adjust it to Price/Shark/Garza/Porcello/Vizciano, and let Sean Mannea stew in the minor leagues for awhile.

Though Price/Shark/Sanchez/Perez/Delgado is my punch myself in the face roation.

vCash
    My future dream rotation

Price/King Felix/Shark/Appel/Vizcaino or Underwood

vCash
    Just curious, where did the Price chatter start up? How many pages back? I know it had something to do with some reporter having a mention about the Cubs would be primed to trade for him with their talent in 2014 but what is the validity to it, if any.

vCash
    Stephen Drew gets 1 yr. 9.5 from Red Sox. Little steep imo.

vCash
    About what should have been expected for a solid stop gap SS IMO. Just looking for a win out of him, and he's capable of a bigger bounce back.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BigRoy View Post
    Overpaid his brother too

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by A New Era View Post
    Just curious, where did the Price chatter start up? How many pages back? I know it had something to do with some reporter having a mention about the Cubs would be primed to trade for him with their talent in 2014 but what is the validity to it, if any.
    Pretty hard to have any validity. It's something a reporter mentioned the Cubs might be able to do in 2014. I highly, highly doubt the Cubs and the Rays have called each other and been talking 2014 trade for David Price on December 17, 2012. I'm sure the Cubs have called, and the Rays said, "you know, maybe not right now, maybe in a year", but outside of that....no there's very little actual validity.

But David Price to the Cubs in 2014 could make a lot of sense. We have the types of prospects the Rays would likely covet (assuming they continue on their projected paths and don't flame out this year) and the Cubs need a true number 1 SP, and have the salary to pay him accordingly (as well as have just hired his former college coach to be in the organization). We match up fairly well for that kind of thing. But it's still a long way off from being anything more than pure speculation and dot connecting.
    #WhyNot?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BigRoy View Post
    Little steep but it's only one year. I don't mind so much to see a one year overpay. Worst case? He's bad and the Red Sox are out from under him next year. Overpays become issues when you start tacking on the years.
    #WhyNot?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Assman22 View Post
    Overpaid his brother too
    That JD Drew deal was solid, though he was finished by the end.
    Last edited by SenorGato; 12-17-2012 at 09:18 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 1908_Cubs View Post
    Pretty hard to have any validity. It's something a reporter mentioned the Cubs might be able to do in 2014. I highly, highly doubt the Cubs and the Rays have called each other and been talking 2014 trade for David Price on December 17, 2012. I'm sure the Cubs have called, and the Rays said, "you know, maybe not right now, maybe in a year", but outside of that....no there's very little actual validity.

But David Price to the Cubs in 2014 could make a lot of sense. We have the types of prospects the Rays would likely covet (assuming they continue on their projected paths and don't flame out this year) and the Cubs need a true number 1 SP, and have the salary to pay him accordingly (as well as have just hired his former college coach to be in the organization). We match up fairly well for that kind of thing. But it's still a long way off from being anything more than pure speculation and dot connecting.
    So what do they need? Bats? Like Baez, Voggie, Almora type of package? I see it's sort of a "fit" type of thing. Cubs projecting to have the talent and salary to extend, Rays prefering a haul before he gets expensive? When is Price a FA by the way? And I'd assume the Cubs would only agree with extension in place.

Page 55 of 69 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765 ... LastLast