Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 49 of 69 FirstFirst ... 39474849505159 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Cubs should see if Tor is interested in Garza if this Dickey trade falls apart
    Save the kittens, ignore sbs' posts
    Red Sox hater since 10/2011

It is anyway, not anyways.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gaughan333 View Post
    Where is this coming from?
    Shark actually said he loves it here and he wants to repay the CUBS for how they treated him and giving him the opportunity and sticking with him. Also said that money is the least of his worries as the Cubs have rewarded him pretty well over the past years and that he want to win a World Series for the city...this was sometime in May I will see if there is an article.

Here is one of the quotes" “Obviously, I’d like to hear what they have to say simply because this is where I want to be,” Samardzija said. “But then again that also might mean there’s really no rush to do anything. They have my rights for three more years and I’ve openly stated a lot of times that this is where I want to be.

“I wanted to be here when it wasn’t going good and I still want to be here when (it gets) good. That hasn’t changed. Obviously, I’m excited to see the kind of pieces we’re going to add and the direction we’re going to go, because I want to be a big part of this solution in the future.”
    Last edited by ABE32; 12-15-2012 at 08:15 PM.
    BUTTERFLIES AND RAINBOWS!!!!! JP611 Just called me an ecstasy user!!!! WTF!!!

Welcome Tyler Kolek or Brady Aiken or Carlos Rodon if not one of them say hello To Alex Jackson.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nmansportsfan View Post
    Not blaming you TY I love reading your post, you should agree. It seems like everyone on here wants your info, and then are mad when the deal breaks down. Then in the Sanchez case FO goes stealth because Nitengale (sp??) give us something to talk about then people are angry b/c Sanchez's agent used it as leverage. Just Trying to make a point and be patient it is not even January yet.

And to piggy back on the winter meetings arguments people should be thankful TY and Marlin are on here giving us info. Thank you for your insight.
    Was saying it in jest... Knew you weren't meaning myself... Gotta work on this sarcasm thing here...
    Ombudsman

vCash
    Looks like The Angels and Yanks have discuss V. Wells. Hopefully Yanks would perfer Sori, then Wells.
    The Best Wrestler in the World.... Go Cubs!!!

vCash
    I'm sure the Angels would give away Wells and eat most of his salary at this point to get rid of him. While Theo/Hoyer want a good prospect back if the Cubs are going to trade him and eat most of his salary. So I think they would rather have Soriano obviously because he's performing much better then Wells. But the price is probably much higher for Soriano. While they would just be taking a flyer on Wells with getting him for next to nothing and hope he rebounds playing half his games in a good hitters park.
    Last edited by cubswin25; 12-15-2012 at 09:32 PM.
    "Too big, too strong, too fast, too good"

vCash
    Sandy Aldersen is doing a pretty solid job thus far in NYC... For all the compliments the Cubs brass has received for being patent and building from the bottom up, the Mets have done just as well at doing the same. Hearing they never really attempted to reup Dickey, always viewed him as the ultimate 'sell high' player, possibly ever, and man did they ever capitalize. Td'A and Syndergaard are quite a get, while the Beltran deal was just as successful... All-in-All, the Mets FO has really turned a poor system into somewhat of a strength, likely adding even more to it with Niese and/or Davis potentially being dealt as well...
    Ombudsman

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ABTY7 View Post
    Sandy Aldersen is doing a pretty solid job thus far in NYC... For all the compliments the Cubs brass has received for being patent and building from the bottom up, the Mets have done just as well at doing the same. Hearing they never really attempted to reup Dickey, always viewed him as the ultimate 'sell high' player, possibly ever, and man did they ever capitalize. Td'A and Syndergaard are quite a get, while the Beltran deal was just as successful... All-in-All, the Mets FO has really turned a poor system into somewhat of a strength, likely adding even more to it with Niese and/or Davis potentially being dealt as well...
    Yes he is. The potential Mets future rotation of Wheeler, Harvey and Syndergaaurd and with the other have of the battery be D'Aranud is glorious.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JBears79 View Post
    Yes he is. The potential Mets future rotation of Wheeler, Harvey and Syndergaaurd and with the other have of the battery be D'Aranud is glorious.
    I may just be blanking, but when is the last time the Mets produced a good, home grown talent? David Wright? Before that?

And...here...we...go...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Theriot2 View Post
    I may just be blanking, but when is the last time the Mets produced a good, home grown talent? David Wright? Before that?
    Jose Reyes... But point taken. I guess the last guy prior to Reyes would have to be, um, Preston Wilson? They've had a ton of flops- Pelfrey, Martinez, etc... They really are the East coast Cubs in so many ways...
    Last edited by ABTY7; 12-16-2012 at 12:02 AM.
    Ombudsman

vCash
    Yeah ABTY beat me Reyes. But I was strictly looking at potential as well.

Harvey impressed me in his short stint up, I think he as ace potential

Wheeler and Syndergaaurd are still unproven though obviously

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JBears79 View Post
    Yeah ABTY beat me Reyes. But I was strictly looking at potential as well.

Harvey impressed me in his short stint up, I think he as ace potential

Wheeler and Syndergaaurd are still unproven though obviously
    Oh ya I agree with you. It's very interesting to see some actual legitimate talent in the Mets system.

And...here...we...go...

vCash
    Isringhausen?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Assman22 View Post
    Isringhausen?
    Ah, yes exhibit A in the Gato case against relying on prospects to save the day: 'Generation K', Isringhausen, Bill Pulsipher and Paul Wilson... Honestly does serve as yet another cautionary tale of what a couple of the older scouts I talk to refer to as 'Jesus' or 'Savior' Prospects (i.e. solid prospects in large or desperate markets that have unreasonable values and/or expectations bestowed upon them...BTW, exact term they both used for Wil Myers)

Other news- Edwin Jackson wants 4 plus 1 at roughly Sanchez annual (something, IMO, he should ask for- hard to see where Sanchez is truely superior to EJax in sans the feeling that Jackson should be better than he produces because of his seemingly plus stuff whereas Sanchez maximizes his talent)
    Ombudsman

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ABTY7 View Post
    Jose Reyes... But point taken. I guess the last guy prior to Reyes would have to be, um, Preston Wilson? They've had a ton of flops- Pelfrey, Martinez, etc... They really are the East coast Cubs in so many ways...
    Their run from 2004-2008 is pretty similar to the 2003-2005 then 2007-2009 runs we had IMO

Carlos Gomez didn't turn out to be much either.
    Thanks JO-MO

vCash
    I would pay E-Jax the 5 years at $77 mil we were offering Sanchez.

Had a dip in velocity last year, but still throws hard. Rivaled Anibal's numbers for most his career and has proven to be a workhorse. We really need to sign him in my opinion, it's a no brainer.

I think Bosio is a hell of a pitching coach, maybe not Rothschild level, but I like him. He could get Jackson back to those near-4 WAR days.
    Last edited by CubbieSteve; 12-16-2012 at 02:31 AM.

Page 49 of 69 FirstFirst ... 39474849505159 ... LastLast