Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 41 of 69 FirstFirst ... 31394041424351 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave0404 View Post
    Does that really work lol
    If real life were MLB The Show 12, it certainly would.

Sadly, I doubt it will actually work.
    #WhyNot?

People ask me, "Why here? Why Kentucky?", I said "Why not"? It can be done here. It will be done here. Lay the foundation. Recruit and develop. Prepare to win. Day by day. Play by play. A new era of high performance. Why Kentucky? Why not? -Mark Stoops

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by C-ross12 View Post
    Yea I think its been established that Texas values Olt for sure.
    Very much agreed. The Olt and Garza trade scenarios are killing me right now.
    #WhyNot?

People ask me, "Why here? Why Kentucky?", I said "Why not"? It can be done here. It will be done here. Lay the foundation. Recruit and develop. Prepare to win. Day by day. Play by play. A new era of high performance. Why Kentucky? Why not? -Mark Stoops

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 1908_Cubs View Post
    Very much agreed. The Olt and Garza trade scenarios are killing me right now.
    Oh you're going to love what was just said on MLB Network then.

They did an off season shopping segment for the Cubs with Bowa and Valle.

#1 Need Starting Pitcher

Larry Bowa Suggested Kyle Lohse
    Dave Valle? Suggested- Edwin Jackson

#2 Outfielder

Bowa Trade Soriano to Texas for Mike Olt and Sign FA Michael Borne
    Valle- Trade Soriano to Boston for Jacoby Elsbury

#3 Third Baseman

Bowa Mike Olt from the Alfonso Soriano deal mentioned above
    Valle Sign FA Placido Polanco
    lol

vCash
    I still don't buy that Texas is banking on Olt to replace Josh Hamilton. Small gap in talent level there, so I do think he's attainable in some way.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JBears79 View Post

lol
    Lol. Yea I see that happening.

vCash

lol
    Christ.
    #WhyNot?

vCash
    Soriano to Boston for Jacoby Elsbury now that is funny , Olt deal would take Soriano , Jackson maybe even Garza but trading Garza is going to be tricky due to his elbow issues

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave0404:24731084
    Soriano to Boston for Jacoby Elsbury now that is funny , Olt deal would take Soriano , Jackson maybe even Garza but trading Garza is going to be tricky due to his elbow issues
    overselling olt thsts a drastic overpay.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave0404 View Post
    Posted this trade idea yesturday Soriano and Garza for Feliz+. Both Garza and Feliz are comming off injuries, so that kinda evens that out. Dont know if the Cubs FO would view Feliz as a SP or reliver, but if its as a SP then good value in return. Now if the Cubs need to put some minor leaguers along with Garza/Sori to get Olt and Feliz then do it.
    The Best Wrestler in the World.... Go Cubs!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SenorGato View Post
    I still don't buy that Texas is banking on Olt to replace Josh Hamilton. Small gap in talent level there, so I do think he's attainable in some way.
    I don't buy it either. I do think he is attainable in some capacity but they do need power.

vCash
    Wow are we in the habit of underselling the current talent. Garza AND Soriano to MAYBE walk away with an injured reliever and a 24 year old rookie 3B who probably needs to hang in AAA for a little bit before he's ready.

Count me unappeased by such a deal.

I don't buy it either. I do think he is attainable in some capacity but they do need power.
    Everyone needs power. It's banking on Olt as the guy to deliver it immediately that I find a little funny. I get that Daniels prizes his prospects but overrates them to such an extreme? Doubting it.
    Last edited by SenorGato; 12-14-2012 at 07:58 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SenorGato View Post
    i agree with this. maybe olt hits 20 but hoping for a rookie to come though to replace a .280/40/100 guy is not a good plan for a "contender". i see them going for swish.

a healthy garza should net olt+ but right now id be happy just straight up. assuming we sign jackson.

vCash
    that is why I say Soriano part of deal to Texas gives them some pop not anything like Hamilton but he does still has some pop

vCash
    I think he's attainable. I also think he's attainable for a decent to severe overpay right now.

The Rangers wont expect Olt to fill the entire shoes of Hamilton. But they are, currently, going to have to count on him to fill a position in their lineup to recoup some of his production loss. And you'll have to pry that away from them, which would be quite difficult right now. I'm not high enough on Mike Olt to be the team to try to do that.
    #WhyNot?

vCash
    a healthy garza should net olt+ but right now id be happy just straight up. assuming we sign jackson.
    No thanks.

Page 41 of 69 FirstFirst ... 31394041424351 ... LastLast