Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 69 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast
    vCash
    also the offseason isn't over so things could change a little bit but as of right now we got 100 losses

vCash
    Someone off-topic but, on the topic of Drew Stubbs, BP writer R.J. Anderson tried to take a look at who has had declines comparable to Stubbs' in baseball history (as a promising player with one great year and then a huge drop-off) and two familiar names popped up:

I asked Dan Turkenkopf how often players in their 20s had consecutive seasons in which they lost 20 or points off their True Averages while receiving at least 300 plate appearances. Turkenkopf found that it’s happened 61 times, including Stubbs and another 2012 entrant (Geovany Soto).
    Implementing a .259 TAv threshold for the final season left us with 38 past instances to observe. Stubbs had a better season than 10 of the cases: Gene Clines, John Donaldson, Kevin Stocker, Granny Hamner, Timo Perez, Corey Patterson (twice), Zoilo Versalles, Tommy Helms, and Fred Kendall. Of those players, only Patterson managed an above-average TAv in the next season—and he did so before falling back into the abyss.
    Sub required: http://www.baseballprospectus.com/ar...rticleid=19136

Honestly, I would be OK if Brett Jackson's name ended up on that list because it would mean the Cubs got at least one great season out of him.

vCash
    Damn I forgot some others:

Asdrubal Cabrera (would love to move him to 2B)
    Joba Chamberlain
    Mike Minor
    Randall Delgado
    Julio Teheran
    Zach Putnam
    Jake Arrietta
    Garrett Richards
    Chris Capuano
    Seth Smith
    Logan Morrison
    Roy Halladay?!?! There was a small whisper out there that Philly might trade him
    Jake Diekman
    Nick Hagadone

vCash
    Stubbs is a pretty good comp for Brett Jackson.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by petrey10 View Post
    as of right now we will have 100 losses again... easy
    I will bet you $100 that they don't lose 100 games next year.

vCash
    FO still talking to Oakland about Coco Crisp...
    Ombudsman

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ABE32 View Post
    Why not? solid line up and good to great pitching?
    Trading Soriano for Brown makes the lineup worse.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ABTY7 View Post
    ewwww lol

vCash
    @Gato, Skaggs is not going to be traded now. D'Backs might still be looking to trade Justin Upton though. I highly doubt AZ is going to keep trading their low cost, high potential pitching prospects.

The reasons they trade Bauer in the first place is because his attitude and concerns about how he'll hold up. Those aren't concerns with Skaggs. However there are attitude problems with Upton.

D'Arnaud is going to require a huge haul and the Blue Jays are pretty solid at most positions. Plus trading D'Arnaud doesn't make sense since their catchers at the ML level aren't good. Travis is probably going to break the season with the ML squad.

I just don't understand why you threw those names in there.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidH View Post
    Trading Soriano for Brown makes the lineup worse.
    Not in my mind it does not...We have not seen the real Brown yet and Soriano will regress some and he is getting to the point where he should be a DH even with the improved defense. He has beaten his body up over the past years and it's starting to show.
    Last edited by ABE32; 12-12-2012 at 11:28 AM.
    Welcome Tyler Kolek or Brady Aiken or Carlos Rodon if not one of them say hello To Alex Jackson.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ABTY7 View Post
    Instead of out losing 2012 team the 2013 Cubs might just bore us all into not attending.

Not in my mind it does not...We have not seen Brown yet and Soriano will regress some
    The logic that goes into every prospect for player trade nowadays btw.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by petrey10 View Post
    who? we had stewart last year and he didn't do anything but hit 201 and OBP 627........ yeah! im so excited!I will say our Bullpen should be better... but I highly doubt our rotation is much better at this point. Too many question marks.... we had Dempster pitching out of his mind last year ... we don't have anyone to replace that.
    Stewart played not even 1/4 of the season and he is a healthy version of himself and will be better than Valbuena and Vitters.

I was saying if we picked up Bourn/traded for Brown/OLT and Masterson then we got the makings of a playoff team.
    Welcome Tyler Kolek or Brady Aiken or Carlos Rodon if not one of them say hello To Alex Jackson.

vCash
    We may not have seen Brown, but the rest of MLB has, and he's not very good. And he's basically just Soriano on defense, right down to the penchant for bizarre errors.

vCash
    I like Crisp, but he doesn't make much sense in a vacuum. You'd need to trade DeJesus and be trying to put together a credible 2013 run.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KyleJRM View Post
    We may not have seen Brown, but the rest of MLB has, and he's not very good. And he's basically just Soriano on defense, right down to the penchant for bizarre errors.
    Sign me up for the chance that he turns into a younger version of Soriano who hits for a better avg.

Page 3 of 69 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast