Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 15 of 69 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cubsfan365 View Post
    I know Salty is better. I just think it would be interesting to see if they would go with a Salty/Castillo platoon or have Saltalamacchia start every day, with Novarro backing him up.
    Castillio could be involved in a bigger package for pitching is how I view it...Novarro will be a back up on any good team or starter on a smaller market team if one had an extreme need.
    BUTTERFLIES AND RAINBOWS!!!!! JP611 Just called me an ecstasy user!!!! WTF!!!

Welcome Tyler Kolek or Brady Aiken or Carlos Rodon if not one of them say hello To Alex Jackson.

vCash
    Salty would be a nice get for Marmol. We dont need a closer on a team with no chance of winning this yer. Plus we just signed Fuji.

When is Salty a free agent?

vCash
    Clubs pursuing Mike Adams say he could sign in next couple of days. Among teams linked to him: Nats, Jays, Phillies, Rangers, Cubs, Brewers
    -Stark

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cubsfan23 View Post
    Salty would be a nice get for Marmol. We dont need a closer on a team with no chance of winning this yer. Plus we just signed Fuji.

When is Salty a free agent?
    2013-2014 - arbitration 2015 free agent.

Welcome Tyler Kolek or Brady Aiken or Carlos Rodon if not one of them say hello To Alex Jackson.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gocubs2118 View Post
    -Stark
    I'd gladly take Adams. We seem to be interested in every RP on the market anyways.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gocubs2118 View Post
    -Stark
    Want him. Plus, "neck" is one we don't have yet on our "Coming Off Injury" bingo cards.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ABTY7 View Post
    Think more along the lines of Saltalamacchia...
    That seems pretty pointless.

Not that I hate solidfying catcher, but it weakens the bullpen and uses a trade chip on a pretty pointless asset.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KyleJRM View Post

Not that I hate solidfying catcher, but it weakens the bullpen and uses a trade chip on a pretty pointless asset.
    I think he would be part of the long term solution.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ABE32 View Post
    I think he would be part of the long term solution.
    Yeah I get the feeling if they have been after him for awhile as ABTY says, then they must view him as a long term piece, clubhouse leader sort of guy. And would likely work on extending him in the next couple of years.

vCash
    Salty would be a long term solution. A pointless asset is a closer on this team. If you can fix Catcher for the next 3-4 years I say thats a good move.

vCash
    id say salty has more value than marmol... marmol if not moved before the season is just as likely to lower his value as he is to raise it.

Edit: couple that with an adams signing you can argue the pen is stronger than keeping a wildpitch walk machine.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KyleJRM View Post

A starting C is not a pointless asset, though I don't like weakening the pen/shrinking the staff either. I like Saltalamacchia more than most here so I would consider it a good get, especially if a subsequent move can be made for a good pen arm.

vCash
    I want more than a .288 OBP out of my starting catcher.

vCash
    Mike Adams and Salty >Marmol and (Castillo for pitching).

vCash
    What is Saltalamacchia's appeal? He has put up a .288 OBP the last 2 years. He only threw out 18 of 98 would be basestealers last year. Plus he'll be 28 at the beginning of next season. His only real value is in his power. Castillo could probably provide the same amount of value next year, is younger, under control longer and doesn't require a trade chip to acquire.

Page 15 of 69 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565 ... LastLast