Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 12 of 69 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast
    vCash
    He blew his chance in October by personally gift wrapping a World Series berth for the Cardinals last year

vCash
    What do you guys think of this as a potential trades?

Soriano to Philly for Dom Brown and Ethan Martin

DeJesus and a low spec to Seattle for Brandon Maurer and Jack Marder

Garza and Barney to Detroit for Rick Porcello, Nick Castellanos and Matt Hoffman

Barney to Oakland for AJ Cole and a low spec

Shark to Boston for Matt Barnes, Garin Cecchini and Brandon Workman

Shark to Colorado for Nolan Arenado, Tyler Matzek, Tim Wheeler and Danny Winkler

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JBears79 View Post
    What do you guys think of this as a potential trades?

Soriano to Philly for Dom Brown and Ethan Martin

DeJesus and a low spec to Seattle for Brandon Maurer and Jack Marder

Garza and Barney to Detroit for Rick Porcello, Nick Castellanos and Matt Hoffman

Barney to Oakland for AJ Cole and a low spec

Shark to Boston for Matt Barnes, Garin Cecchini and Brandon Workman

Shark to Colorado for Nolan Arenado, Tyler Matzek, Tim Wheeler and Danny Winkler
    The Soriano trade is fair value, in my mind. Its way, way too much return on DeJesus. I'm not a huge Castellanos guy, so I don't particularly like the Garza deal. Barney for Cole is solid value, personally I'd prefer something a bit closer to the majors. I don't like either Shark deal, but I'm very high on him.

vCash
    I doubt they'd move him, but I'd love to look into the availability of Dustin Ackley if we end up trading Barney. He had a down year, but he's still got a ton of upside at just 24 years old. He's also a solid fielder. Might be a buy-low option next year if he has another season like 2012.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CubbieKid17 View Post
    I doubt they'd move him, but I'd love to look into the availability of Dustin Ackley if we end up trading Barney. He had a down year, but he's still got a ton of upside at just 24 years old. He's also a solid fielder. Might be a buy-low option next year if he has another season like 2012.
    Have thought about him and only reason I didn't post this was because I think it's a longshot. I do think that if he can be had he's definitely worth pursuing.

Switch AJ Cole for Sonny Gray + someone else and I like the A's deal for Barney. Maybe even swap him out for Jemile Weeks, who I think has solid bat and glove potential at 2B.

I like Arenado alot but I would want a stronger second piece than the guys in there. Matzek is alright as a third piece, but meh on the rest.

I want Detroit to get in on Soriano and Shark/Garza for Porcello, Castellanos, and others.
    Last edited by SenorGato; 12-13-2012 at 06:52 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SenorGato View Post
    Have thought about him and only reason I didn't post this was because I think it's a longshot. I do think that if he can be had he's definitely worth pursuing.

Switch AJ Cole for Sonny Gray and I like the A's deal for Barney. Maybe even swap him out for Jemile Weeks, who I think has solid bat and glove potential at 2B.

I like Arenado alot but I would want a stronger second piece than the guys in there. Matzek is alright as a third piece, but meh on the rest.

I want Detroit to get in on Soriano and Shark/Garza for Porcello, Castellanos, and others.
    This season will be huge for Ackley. Another season like 2012, and I think they strongly consider trading him. I'd love if we could buy low on him next off-season. Imagine an IF of Rizzo, Ackley, Castro, and Olt
    Last edited by CubbieKid17; 12-13-2012 at 11:32 AM.

vCash
    I've never understood why people were high on Ackley?

I don't say that to be condescending, but what was the appeal? He looks like a poor man's Darwin Barney. I don't see any power projection in his swing. He isn't "quick". His defense is solid, and his hit tool is "meh".

"But if we hope for that we see not, then do we with patience wait for it."

- Romans 8:25

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ABE32 View Post
    There will be a TRADE this week...for those of you who are in need of a fix stay tuned. For the normal folk carry on the sky is safe.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Emanski View Post
    Your name is going to be mud, if a trade doesn't go down this week
    Well technically, if you read what he said, he's already right...

He said "there will be a TRADE this week." He didn't say it would be a Cubs trade.

vCash
    Buster Olney with the ultimate tease:

Buster Olney ‏@Buster_ESPN
    One more thing about the Cubs: I don't think Price will be traded until next winter, but by then, they could be well-positioned to land him.

vCash
    demp (1/99) will sign with red sox 3 yr 39+ mill
    BUTTERFLIES AND RAINBOWS!!!!! JP611 Just called me an ecstasy user!!!! WTF!!!

Welcome Tyler Kolek or Brady Aiken or Carlos Rodon if not one of them say hello To Alex Jackson.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ABE32 View Post
    demp (1/99) will sign with red sox 3 yr 39+ mill
    That contract is gonna be ugly in the AL East IMO.

vCash
    Phil Rogers throwing a Soriano+cash for Bud Norris scenario out there.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cubsfan365 View Post
    Buster Olney with the ultimate tease:

Buster Olney ‏@Buster_ESPN
    One more thing about the Cubs: I don't think Price will be traded until next winter, but by then, they could be well-positioned to land him.
    Baez, Vizcaino, Vogelbach, more?

vCash
    I would love to add Bud Norris to our Rotation...that would pretty much start the add on phase of the rebuild. If they pay all of it maybe they can get another prospect with some upside.
    BUTTERFLIES AND RAINBOWS!!!!! JP611 Just called me an ecstasy user!!!! WTF!!!

Welcome Tyler Kolek or Brady Aiken or Carlos Rodon if not one of them say hello To Alex Jackson.

vCash
    Boston interested in Marmol, also (Boston) in on Edwin Jackson...
    Ombudsman

Page 12 of 69 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast