Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

vCash

Best Protein Powder

What is the best protein powder that i can get for a reasonable price. Taste is only slightly important, as long as it doesnt taste horrible.

Also, when is the best time to take a protein shake and are there any other types of shakes you would recommend?
    Props to LowSpark and Elements
    Green Bay PackersPhiladelphia FlyersChicago White SoxNew Orleans Hornets

vCash
    I just use Muscletech's whey from Sams club. i take it with creatine right after I'm done working out.

vCash
    Truenutrition.com

Get their Skip protein blend, best by far.

All the store **** is crap. Nutritional values half the time are lies.

vCash
    i use walmart protein has my foundation. its very cheap, and does the job.

i also you dynomize. typically i mix my walmart protein with everything. it helps with cost.

so at night, i only do 1 scoop casein, cause its more expensive, with 1 scoop walmart.

morning, 1 scoop fusion 7 with 1 scoop walmart.

then throughout day, walmart, with egg protein.

the egg protein is SUPER CHEAP, however, you have to have mixer for it. so that super sucks.. and not just a quick mix either. is a a good 15-30 seconds mix requirement.
    just me though.

i could careless about taste though. it could taste like sweaty donkey balls for all i care.

1. effectiveness
    2. cost.

bam.

vCash
    You can get really good deals on Bodybuilding.com for good protein. You can usually get a 10% off coupon on line if you google for it, usually cancels out the shipping cost. There is a lot of by-products in the protein from Walmart (do some research on it), I beleive its call 5-star or something.

I would stick with Dymatize Elite or ON Gold Standard, both are good whey proteins at a fairly reasonable cost. Then I use MP Combat Powder at night.

I would def take a scoop of whey in the morning upon waking, this is when your body needs it most since you have been fasting for 6-8 hours. Then, of course after you workout, or around mid morning and than around mid afternoon on off days. Then your Casein at night.
    The Truth Hurts.

vCash
    ok, well my next question revolves around the number of times you suggest i take it. i assume it differs based on the number of days i am actually working out. I am usually in the gym about 3 days a week working out my upper body and maybe 2 times a week focused on my legs cause I am currently rehabbing from my second torn ACL in about 3 years...

So, would this change the number of times I should be taking the protein? More or less? and is there anything you guys recommend to help with rehabbing the knee, especially since it has started swelling a lot after strenuous workouts
    Props to LowSpark and Elements
    Green Bay PackersPhiladelphia FlyersChicago White SoxNew Orleans Hornets

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kayface View Post
    ok, well my next question revolves around the number of times you suggest i take it. i assume it differs based on the number of days i am actually working out. I am usually in the gym about 3 days a week working out my upper body and maybe 2 times a week focused on my legs cause I am currently rehabbing from my second torn ACL in about 3 years...

So, would this change the number of times I should be taking the protein? More or less? and is there anything you guys recommend to help with rehabbing the knee, especially since it has started swelling a lot after strenuous workouts
    It really depends if your bulking or not, I usually always try to get atleast 3 shakes a day with about 25-30 grams of protein in each one. Then I try to get about another 75-100g through my diet, i.e. alot of fish, chicken, beans, lean meats in general. If you want to put on more mass, throw another shake or two in during the day at some point.

As for your knee, I dont have much experience rehabbing knees, wish I could provide more insight. I can say this, if it is swelling you are probably over doing it, build it up slowly. Wrap it up and take an Aleve, or other anti-inflammatory and get back at it when it feels better.
    The Truth Hurts.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kayface View Post
    You should stretch before working out; especially your knee.

Do proper squats and lunges to strengthen the muscles around your knee.

And by the way, those pants, they belong to my dad.And they're not really pants,
    they're Lederhosen

vCash
    I'm taking Carnivor right now and its easily my favorite taste wise and the 2nd best I ever took in terms of results (#1 was discontinued a few years ago). It is beef based rather than milk based like most others. Highly reccomend it.

RETURN OF THE MAC

vCash
    Whatever has the the best profile at the cheapest cost

vCash
    yeah, i like to take the grams per serving and divide by the protein per serving.

good is greater then 80%, great is 90%.

i try not to get anything less then 80.

vCash
    There is a few protein powder like as a Mass Gainer, Natural & Pure Powder etc good for our health.

vCash
    I was taking ON Gold Standard, but after they raised the price from $54 to $58, I decided to switch brands. Not trying to sound cheap, but it just ads up fast.

Right now I'm taking Dymatize Elite Gourmet, and I'm not really liking it. I think I'm going to try something else next time.

vCash
    Gnc wheybolic extreme 60 ripped... Amazing
    NYJ
    Jet Nation

NYK
    #3ToTheHead

NYY

Get Up!!!

http://twitter.com/TrueNYJetGS

vCash
    i use serious mass and is very effective in result i think you should try this

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast