Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Routine change

vCash

Routine change

Hey, i am looking for suggestions. As the season changes i think i am going to change up my routine significantly. All fall/winter- i have been lifting 5 or 6 days a week, always going for power, and doing a body part a day. I will do about 5 or 6 exercises each day with at least 4 set and plenty of rest b/t sets. I also do a decent amount of cardio and do yoga for flexibility. I am looking to scale back my heavier lifting, increase my cardio, and do some more aerobic/hiit style workout for athleticism. I am thinking of only lifting heavy 3 days a week. I was hoping some of you guys could give some suggestions on splits and routine

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

vCash
    dont focus on just 1 body part per workout hit 2-3 each time its way more beneficial. Look up Shortcut To shred from Jim Stoppani im about to start that back up at the end of the month.

vCash
    hmm, looks interesting. I've been thinking of switching things up myself. Here's a link for it http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/jim-...-to-shred.html

how'd it work for you? any before after pics?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 2-ONE-5 View Post
    dont focus on just 1 body part per workout hit 2-3 each time its way more beneficial. Look up Shortcut To shred from Jim Stoppani im about to start that back up at the end of the month.
    I don't see anything wrong with hitting one part per day if you justify giving yourself that week off before you hit it again..

I've been doing that for 3 years and the gainz god has blessed me many times over.
    Last edited by Thumper 88; 03-03-2015 at 05:35 PM.

New York Yankees

Dallas Mavericks

New Jersey Devils
    Seattle Seahawks
    HW: Brock "The White Gorilla"Lesnar
    MW: Lyoto "The Dragon" Machida
    WW: Jonny "BIGG RIGG" Hendricks
    FW: Conor "Notorious" McGregor
    FW: John "The Magician" Dodson
    NASCAR: Dale Earnhardt Jr.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    hmm, looks interesting. I've been thinking of switching things up myself. Here's a link for it http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/jim-...-to-shred.html

how'd it work for you? any before after pics?
    i loved it last time i did it 2 years ago but i didnt have a clean enough diet for the best results. i did his Superman 1 and 2 last year and wish i had before and after pics bcuz i came out really lean and cut i was thrilled with the results.

Quote Originally Posted by Thumper 88 View Post
    I don't see anything wrong with hitting one part per day if you justify giving yourself that week off before you hit it again..

I've been doing that for 3 years and the gainz god has blessed me many times over.
    look at it from a mathematical point of view. If you work out 6 days a week and do 2-3 groups a workout you are hitting that group x amount more times throughout the year compared to just once a week. i read a very detailed article on it plus every workout i ever followed was deigned that way too. if i can locate it ill post it

vCash
    i loved it last time i did it 2 years ago but i didnt have a clean enough diet for the best results. i did his Superman 1 and 2 last year and wish i had before and after pics bcuz i came out really lean and cut i was thrilled with the results.

look at it from a mathematical point of view. If you work out 6 days a week and do 2-3 groups a workout you are hitting that group x amount more times throughout the year compared to just once a week. i read a very detailed article on it plus every workout i ever followed was deigned that way too. if i can locate it ill post it
    I see what you're saying but there's no way I could only work out my chest/black/shoulders/legs/arms with other groups and feel satisfied that I've completely destroyed it.

vCash
    wow. Just saw the shortcut to shred video, holy **** man, that is intense!! I feel worn out just watching that, lol. 2 one 5, ur a freakin animal!!

I've also come across another routine, schwarzenegger blueprint to cut. Looks kinda cool
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/arno...cut-day-1.html

vCash

I've been thinking about it and I guess need to look more into it before I make a full decision on it.

My schedule is limited with have kids/work ect..

I get 1 hour a day 5 days a week Monday-Friday.

vCash
    that Arnold workout is some serious lifting, i dont think i could handle all those sets with my shoulder seemingly never going to be 100% (thought its like 90+). I have a small frame and i like my athletic/medium sized build so that Stoppani Shred is like perfect for me plus im atill actively playing soccer and bball so the cardio mixed in is great for me. im gonna start it up in about 3 weeks ill have to do before and after pics this time and post my stack

vCash
    that Arnold workout is some serious lifting, i dont think i could handle all those sets with my shoulder seemingly never going to be 100% (thought its like 90+). I have a small frame and i like my athletic/medium sized build so that Stoppani Shred is like perfect for me plus im atill actively playing soccer and bball so the cardio mixed in is great for me. im gonna start it up in about 3 weeks ill have to do before and after pics this time and post my stack
    do it! might motivate my chunky *** to get on it too, lol.

That stack is nuts, no way u actually take the whole thing...?

vCash
    I've been alternating between density and hypertrophy every three weeks.
    Super Bowl XLVIII Champs

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    do it! might motivate my chunky *** to get on it too, lol.

That stack is nuts, no way u actually take the whole thing...?
    i dont use any JYM products but i will likely use the Shred when i start that workout. I know his products are great but they are too expensive. Right now I just use PWO, Post/BCAA, Protein, Creatine, and still need to grab a multi and fish oil

vCash
    yo, do you know if i can find the short cut to shred stuff in a printable format?

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

vCash
    That Arnold **** gave me good results but it's a *****.
    Super Bowl XLVIII Champs

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    yo, do you know if i can find the short cut to shred stuff in a printable format?
    i dont think so. but what i did was (and it takes a bit of time) was just type it up myself and then print it out with just the workouts.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast