Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Pulled Muscle in Chest

Hey guys, so I have recently pulled a muscle in my chest most likely due to over training it the last few weeks. It's somewhere between grade 1-2 it slightly hurts in day to day life when I turn the wrong way or stretch, nothing serious but anything chest related and I have uncomfortable pain.

I was wondering if anyones had this happen and how long they took off from working out also if they took off every muscle group or just stopped doing chest for a period of time. I'm on my christmas break now and planned to focus on cardio while home regardless but I was interested in seeing if anyone had experience with this.

Thanks

vCash
    I have been over training for about 8 months now and no injurys... Next time try longer warm ups... That's what I did to ease some of my joint pain due to over training.

New York Yankees

Dallas Mavericks

New Jersey Devils
    Seattle Seahawks
    HW: Brock "The White Gorilla"Lesnar
    MW: Lyoto "The Dragon" Machida
    WW: Jonny "BIGG RIGG" hendricks
    LW: Nate Diaz
    FLW: John "The Magician" Dodson
    Dale Earnhardt Jr.
    Favorite Athletes: Dirk Nowitzki, Brock Lesnar & Lyoto Machida

vCash
    Take a week or 2 off and see what happens. I would still do any exercises that aren't affected by it. Legs and any back you can do for sure.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RealLiveBear View Post
    Hey guys, so I have recently pulled a muscle in my chest most likely due to over training it the last few weeks. It's somewhere between grade 1-2 it slightly hurts in day to day life when I turn the wrong way or stretch, nothing serious but anything chest related and I have uncomfortable pain.

I was wondering if anyones had this happen and how long they took off from working out also if they took off every muscle group or just stopped doing chest for a period of time. I'm on my christmas break now and planned to focus on cardio while home regardless but I was interested in seeing if anyone had experience with this.

Thanks

My left pectoral muscle hurt for a couple months. If it's torn, you're looking at a few months of recovery.
    You Too Can Achieve This When You Visit The Fitness Forum!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ugottabjoshinme View Post
    Take a week or 2 off and see what happens. I would still do any exercises that aren't affected by it. Legs and any back you can do for sure.
    x2

I'd take 2 weeks off. And be easy on the other workouts during this time, certain ones indirectly can put a little strain on ur pecs
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

vCash
    I had a pectoral injury for months a couple years back. I continued to train heavy like an idiot and it took a longer time to heal.

Take a week or two off and start doing light intensity exercises and dynamic stretches. The key is to increase blood flow to the area to promote healing.

Once you feel like you can start training with weights again, do not go heavy. Start with a low weight and progress from there week to week.