Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

What's my next step?

Hey guys, my ankles have finally healed well enough (Thanks again for those who gave me any advice during the ordeal) to the point where I think I can start to work out semi-regularly again.

Around the time when I made my initial thread, I was around 240 lbs, now I'm at about 215 and that's basically been through switching from hotdogs/eggs to tuna for breakfast, cutting down on beer, and not overeating.

My question to you guys is where do I go from here? I could always become more strict with all the above facets because there is still room for improvement. But I wanted to see if there is any more tips on continually strengthening my ankle, losing weight while building muscle mass, nutrition.

Any help would be greatly appreciated guys

Quote Originally Posted by rhymeratic View Post
    Shoot I'd even put up Glen Rice and Mitch Richmond in their prime at or slightly better than James. Even Glenn Robinson who is a forgotten beast.

Quote Originally Posted by LoveMeOrHateMe View Post
    Kobe GOAT LOL
    ^Finally got one.

vCash
    Do some light exercises that involve ankle movement such as calf raises and reverse calf raises.

If you like baseball, go out in your driveway with a baseball bat and practice swinging. If will allow you to open up your hips and re-position your ankles as you go through the motions.
    You Too Can Achieve This When You Visit The Fitness Forum!

vCash
    I used to sprain my ankles all the time. They were really weak and prone to injury so my trainer started to have me use a Bosu ball to strengthen my ankles. Within seconds of standing on the ball you can feel just how effective it really is. I would definitely recommend it. I found this one on Walmarts site just by googling " Bosu Ball"... there could be cheaper ones out there or most gyms will have them.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by walter01 View Post
    I used to sprain my ankles all the time. They were really weak and prone to injury so my trainer started to have me use a Bosu ball to strengthen my ankles. Within seconds of standing on the ball you can feel just how effective it really is. I would definitely recommend it. I found this one on Walmarts site just by googling " Bosu Ball"... there could be cheaper ones out there or most gyms will have them.

Hmmmmmm
    You Too Can Achieve This When You Visit The Fitness Forum!

vCash
    Buy resistance bands, put them under the foot and "write out" the ABC's. Do the full movement. Trace the full shape of the imaginary letter.

If you can afford one, go see a Phsyical Therapist at least once so he can give you more advice and exercises. I have my first appointment on Monday

And I would avoid calf raises for a while if they're still weak if I were you. I'm still not cleared to do those so I'd imagine you probably wouldn't be cleared either. If you do them, do very light weight just to get that range of motion back to where it was before.

vCash
    Well..........A couple of things.

I would start with light motion. I run a lot....a whole lot, more than just about anyone. I would start doing cardio more as your Doctor see's fit. Once your able, I would start jogging more and more. The joint will improve and become stronger.

I would also stop eating bad. (IE - Hotdogs/ Beer). Your body will never be healthy eating drink that stuff. Eat egg whites, cut down your meal size, we/ everyone in USA eats way......way.....to much. What you think your eating is infact prob double or triple what your taking in.

What eating sugar and a lot of salt. All very bad for your body. Eat oatmeal/ whole grains/ nuts/ grilled fish/veggies...your body will become steel.....trust me...

Stop eating a lot of red meat. Eat some ok, but we/ this country eat way.....way to much meat/ sugar/salt= =====unhealthy over weight

LARRY BIRD
    NBA WORLD CHAMPION 1981,1984,1986

" The greatest basketball player and mind of all time. "

vCash
    Also stay away from soda it's bad on your joints also sugar, also beer....awful not meant for human body. It will add weight, also profound health risk.

LARRY BIRD
    NBA WORLD CHAMPION 1981,1984,1986

" The greatest basketball player and mind of all time. "