Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Napoli Trade Signing May Fall Through...

According to FOX Sports' Ken Rosenthal, Boston's deal with Mike Napoli could be in jeopardy due to a physical issue.
    Napoli's reported three-year, $39 million contract was agreed to on December 3, and Rosenthal says the Red Sox had planned to officially announce the signing at a press conference Tuesday. But that obviously didn't happen. The Red Sox evidently didn't like something they saw during Napoli's physical, though it's not clear exactly what it could be. The 31-year-old suffered a severely sprained left ankle in Game 6 of the 2011 World Series and dealt with quad and oblique issues in 2011 and 2012.
    If this does happen, I will look at it as an early Christmas present. Baring some ridiculous unforeseen problem in his physical, I would hope Daniels would jump right back in IMMEDIATELY.

Hell, if the Rangers could even sign Napoli for the same contract its only $13 million a year for a catcher and first baseman for 3 years.

Suck it up, resign Hamilton to say $22 million a year.

Dump Olt in a trade for Dickey. Do whatever it takes.

We paid Napoli 9.4 Million Last year
    We Paid Hamilton $15.2 Million Last year
    Assume signing Dickey to the contract extension he wants say add $12 million a year on.
    We saved $5 million on trading Young.

Our payroll only goes up $17 million from what it was last season, and we gain our hopeful ACE if not extremely strong #2.... The Soto and Soria signing about evens out with Adams and Torreabla coming off the books. That still leaves us PLENTY to go on next offseason to make a run at Garza or Lincecum. And yet we still don't even rank in the top 5 in MLB salaries.

MAKE THIS HAPPEN DANIELS ray:
    2012 Texas Rangers Offseason

"I have never used steroids. Period. I don't know how to say it any more clearly than that. Never” -Rafael Palmeiro (4 Months before testing positive for steroids)

Texas Rangers 2010-11 American League Champions!

Indianapolis Colts Super Bowl XLI Champions!

vCash
    I don't see why you would want to sign a .240 hitter with injury problems to 13 mil a year
    Fck the Heat
    Go Mavs

vCash
    I'd love to have Naps back at a reasonable price. He's one of my favorite players.

vCash
    Kevin Youkilis, an older, more injury prone glorified DH/part time 1B with less stats just got $12 million for one year. Mike Napoli's easily worth it.

For as much as I have heard everyone make arguments about how the Rangers are not spending money, Mike Napoli is worth every penny of paying him an extra $4 million a year than what they did last year. Power hitting catchers are EXTREMELY hard to come by, and at least he is a 3 position player on our team. If you guys think that having .199 Geovany Soto come up to bat 9th in our lineup is going to strike any fear into an opposing pitcher, you are gravely mistaken.
    Last edited by vigilantex69; 12-12-2012 at 05:45 PM.

"I have never used steroids. Period. I don't know how to say it any more clearly than that. Never” -Rafael Palmeiro (4 Months before testing positive for steroids)

vCash
    I heard a very true argument today that if the Rangers lost Napoli, cannot resign Hamilton, and have lost out on Greinke and Shields, and now Upton will stay in AZ as well since they already acquired their new SS, the Rangers will be on the cusp of having to rebuild for a few years to make a run at it again. Let the young guys get better, and take a few not as competitive years to get back to where they want to be.

There is absolutely no chance the Rangers can be a legitimate contender next season with no ace, and losing a combined 67 HR's and 150 RBIS from their lineup. No way, no how.

This free agency period has been nothing short of a disaster, and Daniels seriously needs to hop on some stuff very quickly if we don't want to wind up as a wild card to even make the playoffs next year. Like it or not, eventually the Angels are going to start clicking. You don't have a lineup of Trout, Trumbo and Pujols with a stacked rotation and fail to even make the playoffs every year....
    Last edited by vigilantex69; 12-12-2012 at 05:46 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by vigilantex69 View Post
    I heard a very true argument today that if the Rangers lost Napoli, cannot resign Hamilton, and have lost out on Greinke and Shields, and now Upton will stay in AZ as well since they already acquired their new SS, the Rangers will be on the cusp of having to rebuild for a few years to make a run at it again. Let the young guys get better, and take a few not as competitive years to get back to where they want to be.

There is absolutely no chance the Rangers can be a legitimate contender next season with no ace, and losing a combined 67 HR's and 150 RBIS from their lineup. No way, no how.

This free agency period has been nothing short of a disaster, and Daniels seriously needs to hop on some stuff very quickly if we don't want to wind up as a wild card to even make the playoffs next year. Like it or not, eventually the Angels are going to start clicking. You don't have a lineup of Trout, Trumbo and Pujols with a stacked rotation and fail to even make the playoffs every year....
    Totally agree.

How the Rangers could not capitilaze on the greatest turn out of fans in the history of the club, is mind numbing.

Hamilton is about to sign with the Angels.....

We better sign Bourn and we better sign Adam LaRoche. Then we could flip Olt to the Mets for Dickey. This scenario is about the last hope we have for being competitive next year. We still need to figure out a way to get a catcher and another reliever.

It is desperation time for Mr. Daniels.

Quest to watch a game in all 30 baseball stadiums, so far I have seen: Arizona, Atlanta, Baltimore, Boston, Chicago Cubs, Chicago White Sox, Cincinnati, Cleveland, Colorado, Detroit, Houston, Kansas City, LA Angels, LA Dodgers, Miami, NY Mets, NY Yankees, Philly, Pittsburgh, San Francisco, St. Louis, San Diego, Seattle, Tampa Bay, Texas, Toronto, Washington

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cursed Rangers View Post
    Totally agree.

How the Rangers could not capitilaze on the greatest turn out of fans in the history of the club, is mind numbing.

Hamilton is about to sign with the Angels.....

We better sign Bourn and we better sign Adam LaRoche. Then we could flip Olt to the Mets for Dickey. This scenario is about the last hope we have for being competitive next year. We still need to figure out a way to get a catcher and another reliever.

It is desperation time for Mr. Daniels.
    He has lost our #1 free agent for 3 straight seasons. He let Lee go because he denied him an extra year. He let Hamilton walk to our division ****ing rival on the same scenario.

Like I said in the other forum, if we move into rebuilding mode, axing Daniels should be the first move.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by vigilantex69 View Post
    He has lost our #1 free agent for 3 straight seasons. He let Lee go because he denied him an extra year. He let Hamilton walk to our division ****ing rival on the same scenario.

Like I said in the other forum, if we move into rebuilding mode, axing Daniels should be the first move.
    He signed Darvish, he got rid of Young, he traded for Nelson Cruz, he got three All-Stars in Feliz, Harrison and Andrus for Teixeira, he got Hammy for Edinson Volquez, he got Lee for Beaven who's prob a #5 starter at best, he got Murphy for Gagne, we have had one of the best farm systems in the game for several years in a row, we've been a playoff contender for several years in a row, but yeah nevermind all this. Daniels blows lol.

Shut it you hysterical idiot.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rangersfan View Post
    He signed Darvish, he got rid of Young, he traded for Nelson Cruz, he got three All-Stars in Feliz, Harrison and Andrus for Teixeira, he got Hammy for Edinson Volquez, he got Lee for Beaven who's prob a #5 starter at best, he got Murphy for Gagne, we have had one of the best farm systems in the game for several years in a row, we've been a playoff contender for several years in a row, but yeah nevermind all this. Daniels blows lol.

1) He got Feliz, Harrison and Andrus (and Salty) because he inherited Mark Teixiera.
    2) He lost Lee after 1/2 a season.
    3) He got the better of Hamilton for Volquez, but made the awful deal of Adrian Gonzalez and Chris Young for Adam Eaton and Aki Otsuka.
    4) He did lose Hamilton this year.
    5) He did sign Darvish, but at the expense of CJ (a total douche, but good pitcher)
    6) He inherited a good farm system because of all the terrible teams we've had.
    7) He traded John Danks for an oft-injured pitcher.
    8) He traded Alfonso Soriano for Brad ****ing Wilkerson.
    9) He overpaid Scott Feldman.
    10) You credit JD for dealing Michael Young, but he's the one that gave Young his massive, overpaid contract.
    11) You credit JD for acquiring Nelson Cruz, but gave up Francisco Cordero for him, a player who has been an all-star more times than Cruz since the deal.

....And a partridge in a pear tree

If you're going to walk around telling others to "shut it", maybe you should pull your head out of the sand and look at the whole picture, rather than the few bits and pieces that support your very skewed opinions.

Who needs Josh Hamilton when you can have this for $11m?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by stipe1280 View Post
    1) He got Feliz, Harrison and Andrus (and Salty) because he inherited Mark Teixiera.
    3) He got the better of Hamilton for Volquez, but made the awful deal of Adrian Gonzalez and Chris Young for Adam Eaton and Aki Otsuka.
    5) He did sign Darvish, but at the expense of CJ (a total douche, but good pitcher)
    10) You credit JD for dealing Michael Young, but he's the one that gave Young his massive, overpaid contract.
    11) You credit JD for acquiring Nelson Cruz, but gave up Francisco Cordero for him, a player who has been an all-star more times than Cruz since the deal.

If you're going to walk around telling others to "shut it", maybe you should pull your head out of the sand and look at the whole picture, rather than the few bits and pieces that support your very skewed opinions.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rangersfan View Post

So winning the bidding for Darvish isn't exactly some huge grand success. Do you crack open a bottle of champagne when you win an eBay auction? Its as ridiculous as thinking that the guys on the show Storage Wars are really such geniuses. Raise your hand, spend your money, its not really that frigging difficult.

And at the time? The Hamilton for Volquez trade was an absolute wash. Many were more unhappy because Volquez was an All-Star starting pitcher than the Rangers desperately needed. Its Dusty Bakers fault he fell off and destroyed his career.

He was also the one that signed Gagne?

And if Justin Smoak had turned into that Jim Thome first baseman he was predicted to be would you be saying the same thing? The trade wasn't Bleaven for Lee, it was focused around Smoak.

All you have done in all the threads is go on about how letting everyone leave is such a great idea because you don't want to overpay. Apparently noone is worth anything they are getting paid to you.

Ok so lets hear it newbie, what are your plans on how we are going to fix this and stay competitive??? Draw it up for me Da Vinci...Paint me a ****ing picture

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by stipe1280 View Post

Excellent points. Daniels appears to be over his head when it matters most despite offering Hamilton a fair deal. Daniels gets close, but seems to lose the deals to more savvy management in the mkt.

In terms of Ranger fans "gas", I would say ignore it. Unfortunately ignoring monumental stupidity from a jock sniffer like that clown is near impossible.