Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 83
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    9,381
    vCash
    7010

    Suns get lottery pick from Lakers if they miss playoffs

    Now, I'm not saying that they definitely will miss the playoffs or anything but by the look it, its definitely a strong possibility. Granted its really early in the season, I think this is something that is thread worthy. Despite having 4 All Stars on the team, the Lakers are absolute trash and their counting on a 40 year old player to save their season.

    Usually, you can look at this and say "Fine, Lakers will finally miss playoffs but at least they will be able to add a stud rookie from the draft and finally get some young blood to team with Kobe & Co"

    But that, apparently, is not the case here. The Lakers traded their *protected 2013 first round pick and unprotected 2015 first round pick to acquire Steve Nash from Phoenix this past off season.

    *the restriction is that if the Lakers make playoffs, then the Suns would get the worse of the Lakers and Heat 1st round and the Cavs would get the other 1st rd pick. HOWEVER, IF THE LAKERS MISS PLAYOFFS, THAT LOTTERY PICK BELONGS TO THE PHOENIX SUNS.
    **If by chance the Lakers MISS the playoffs this season (they are 9-12 right now), the Suns get their pick outright.

    http://www.brightsideofthesun.com/20...later-on-trade
    So yea missing playoffs for the Lakers is a loss-loss scenario.

    Right now, their competing with the follow teams for playoff contention:

    SA
    OKC
    MEMPHIS
    LAC
    GS
    UTAH
    DALLAS
    DENVER

    *Also Minnesota once they get Rubio healthy would be dangerous too. Same can be said for the Lakers too after they get Nash, so we'll see.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    7,925
    vCash
    1500
    lol, that would be awesome. I think will they make the playoffs though

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    9,554
    vCash
    1500
    I'm pretty sure they'll make the Playoffs this season.

    Now 2014-15 is another story.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Posts
    33,826
    vCash
    2766
    If Nash was done for the year, I'd be a bit excited about this. But there's just no way a team with this much talent misses the playoffs. But what a score for us in the event they did miss.
    It'd mean making this season a waste for them. They'd get nothing for their struggles.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Alaska
    Posts
    3,066
    vCash
    1500

    I'll buy that

    The 14-15 season could be a nightmare for the Lakers. These are all not a far reach for scenarios.
    Nash retired
    Kobe retired
    Pau gone, probably this season
    Dwight might jump ship after a horribly bad season (by Lakers standards) at the end of the season.
    That doesn't leave a lot for the Lakers to work with that season.

    Quote Originally Posted by Bishnoff View Post
    I'm pretty sure they'll make the Playoffs this season.

    Now 2014-15 is another story.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    9,554
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by 1_FrozenNetsFan View Post
    The 14-15 season could be a nightmare for the Lakers. These are all not a far reach for scenarios.
    Nash retired
    Kobe retired
    Pau gone, probably this season
    Dwight might jump ship after a horribly bad season (by Lakers standards) at the end of the season.
    That doesn't leave a lot for the Lakers to work with that season.
    That's my thoughts

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    9,381
    vCash
    7010
    Bump...

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Posts
    33,826
    vCash
    2766
    Yea we've been discussing this. It's important that we find ways to beat LA when we play them.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    PHOENIX, AZ
    Posts
    9,677
    vCash
    1500
    If indeed we are trading for Gay I would like to have him by the time the Lakers come to town at the end of the month. Suns with Gay>> Lakers without Pau and Howard IMO.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Posts
    33,826
    vCash
    2766
    Quote Originally Posted by mdm692 View Post
    If indeed we are trading for Gay I would like to have him by the time the Lakers come to town at the end of the month. Suns with Gay>> Lakers without Pau and Howard IMO.
    There's a good chance that LA pick will belong to Memphis if we have Gay at that point.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    PHOENIX, AZ
    Posts
    9,677
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by king4day View Post
    There's a good chance that LA pick will belong to Memphis if we have Gay at that point.
    I hope not. I would rather trade ours and at the very least put a top 10 protection on it. Hell the most they should get out of us is Dudley, the Minny pick and LA's 2nd.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Palmyra,Wisconsin
    Posts
    11,113
    vCash
    1500
    You have the Lakers 2015 unprotected first as well. That could be a nice pick as well.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    PHOENIX, AZ
    Posts
    9,677
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by MILLERHIGHLIFE View Post
    You have the Lakers 2015 unprotected first as well. That could be a nice pick as well.
    Yup with some kind of small protection.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    california
    Posts
    3,626
    vCash
    1500
    isn't the pick (this year) top 3 or 5 protected? if they miss the playoffs

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Posts
    33,826
    vCash
    2766
    Quote Originally Posted by rocky4104 View Post
    isn't the pick (this year) top 3 or 5 protected? if they miss the playoffs
    BSotS confirmed it's unprotected 1-14. So we just need them to miss the playoffs. Then hope the league forgets that we would receive their pick, rig the lottery so LA wins, only for it to go to us.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •