Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 310Casper View Post
    A knowledgeable cards fan from another board posted this about Skip

"Benjamin Neumann 29 minutes ago −
    Take it from someone who has watched skip ascend from the minors under the wing of Jimmy Edmonds and TLR to steal at-bats from more deserving people for years. Yes, Skip can hit .300 but BA is hardly a worthwhile metric. His OBP is not predicated on walks so if his BABIP dips he dips. He has 0 power and a .300 hitter with a sub .700 OPS is not something I care much about losing. He plays 0 infield defense though he is passable in the outfield.

Also his performance tends to dip inversely with his playing time. The more you plug him in the less he can do, as pitchers tend to start figuring out not to feed him any fastballs and go away with breaking stuff. K's incoming!

All in all this is a meaningless deal for the Cards at this point, but for all the people who didn't get a look cause we kept plugging this low ceiling option year after year I hope they are as glad as I am to not have to waste a roster spot on this "feel good" story any longer. Whoever the prospect is coming back glad to have you."
    Yeah, that was mlbtr, and he isn't a knowledgeable Cards fan.

And Skip's performance does not dip inversely with his playing time. He is probably only referring to this last season in Sept when Skip, who had been doing great all year off the bench, finally got to start some games later on in the season and went in a slump when that happened. It was like 10 games.

Overall, he was very good when he started, and performed the best of his career when he started.

And he never took playing time away from more deserving stars. I don't know who in the hell he thinks Skip stole second base from in 09, but Julio Lugo and Joe Thurston were the other options.

That Cards fan is not very bright, he is consistently very wrong and just let's his perceptions rule his postings, even though he is constantly incorrect and it's easy to show him how/when/where.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 310Casper View Post
    We sent Jake Lemmerman (SS) to the Cardinals

http://www.milb.com/milb/stats/stats...pbp&pid=594897

I hope he wasnt a big time prospect. Anyone here care to shed some light on this guy? I dont really keep up with our farm players
    you didn't give up much. Nothing that is going to hurt you.

Lemmerman is a utility player at best, and two years away most likely.

He will probably back up in the middle infield for us this next season at AAA, and might be a back up middle infielder in 2014 or 15 for us at the big league level.

Value for us, is that we have 6 years of control. We more so wanted to send Skip where he wanted to go, back home to LA.

vCash
    Los Angeles Dodgers ‏@Dodgers
    OFFICIAL: Scott Van Slyke has been designated for assignment.

vCash
    Hooray another OF that can't hit lefties...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LASportsFan1996 View Post
    Great Deal. What do you guys think of a Ellis/Schumaker platoon at 2B, the splits check out, thoughts??
    that looks like how things will go, which is fine Ellis can't hit righties anymore

vCash
    Looks like he'll platoon at 2nd with Ellis. Ellis was awful vs RHP last season. That makes this an upgrade.

vCash
    If he platoons, you will still likely have Ellis start at second against righties sometimes.

Ellis is a lot better than Skip defensively (at second)

vCash
    i would have rather dfa'd sellers, guy is trash

van slyke could have been used at first to backup a-gon

PWEEEG The Gawwd

vCash

Schumaker

For more on Schumaker check out
    Last edited by DodgerB24; 12-13-2012 at 07:52 PM.

vCash
    Schumaker gives the Dodgers even more flexibility off the bench and he really comes off like one of those energy and team guys that ball clubs need.

vCash
    Is that a Big Mac pick up?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffy25 View Post
    If he platoons, you will still likely have Ellis start at second against righties sometimes.

Ellis is a lot better than Skip defensively (at second)
    Then bring him in for def later in the game

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123