Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Dodgers DFA Scott Van Slyke

http://www.truebluela.com/2012/12/12...-van-slyke-dfa

I would have DFA'd Sellers or Uribe, but not a hitter like Van Slyke. He could have been Adrian's backup at 1st base.

vCash
    I hope van slyke wasn't included in a deal for hanrahan like that other thread suggested..

I like van slyke. He tore it up in ABQ, I agree it shoulda been someone else, not him.

Your baby can't do this

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Krush View Post
    http://www.truebluela.com/2012/12/12...-van-slyke-dfa

I would have DFA'd Sellers or Uribe, but not a hitter like Van Slyke. He could have been Adrian's backup at 1st base.
    Sellers has a glove and speed. Van Slyke has neither of those. So if he can't hit the ball he's useless.

vCash
    Van Slyke is a butcher defensively. He can hit for power, but that's about it.

Future Hall of Shamers:
    (1) B.A.L.C.O. Barroids (2) Mark McJuicer (3) Jose Chem-seco (4) Rafael Palmeiroids (5) Ken Chem-initi (6) Jason Gi-andro (7) Ryan Fraud (8) Muscle Melk (9) Woman-Ram (10) Shammy Sosa (11) Roger Clear-mens (12) A-Roid

vCash
    Trade to A.L.

vCash
    Trade Him
    Foam Party!

vCash
    We'll always have that awesome pinch hit HR you had last year

vCash
    thx Matt and Nedco. Stupid for you to call him up for 1-3 games. send him down for 2-3 days then recall him for another 1-3 game stint. You wasted his minor league options. Why cant you ****ers designate Uribe. I wonder if he is fatter than Jamarcus by now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lamar2006 View Post
    thx Matt and Nedco. Stupid for you to call him up for 1-3 games. send him down for 2-3 days then recall him for another 1-3 game stint. You wasted his minor league options. Why cant you ****ers designate Uribe. I wonder if he is fatter than Jamarcus by now.
    Because Uribe can't be sent down to minors.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lamar2006 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DodgerBlue8188 View Post
    Because Uribe can't be sent down to minors.
    This. It's so easy as fans to say what they should've done but when you see things that are unexplainable, look up the rules and put yourself in the other teams shoes.

as another team, who would want Uribe? and u can't minor league him without his say so with his tenure, so we're stuck with him.

then again, as good as he is defensively, even tho he can't hit, he's a great back up cuz he can play all infield positions

This is how we do it! I still believe

vCash
    The powers to be must have their reasons to keep him. Must trust their judgement