Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rdg515 View Post
    They created flexibility so they could make moves now. If not Wright would not have agreed to defer salary---what would be the point? SA promised him that he would make moves to get the team competitive now not later. And if the team competes early and again past the all star game then the fannies in the seats will return and the income and payroll can rise. There is no reason that this team cannot draw 3 million fans if they put a competitive team on the field. How many of you are waiting to buy tickets until you see what moves they make? The Wilpons saw attendence drop to 2.1 million and they are sure watching the slow pace of season and advance ticket sales and know we fans will not tolerate a lackluster team if they want us to buy tickets. How much does the loss of 900,000 attendees cost? If the average ticket costs $50 and another $25 goes toward concessions the team lost $67 million in gross revenue last year vs. the season before. That $67 million can go a long way to paying off loans and getting better players. My bet is that SA will do a medium level signing or two plus some third tier guys. We shall see.
    Wright is getting his money either way, who knows the exact reason why he allowed them to defer some of the salary. If they did promise that to Wright, it's very possible that they just lied to him like they did with all the fans.

Wright seems invested in the teams future, so even if they decide to not spend I'm sure he will see the light at the end of the tunnel.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by metfan83 View Post
    Has anyone been able to confirm if alderson is still alive?
    Has anyone seen the movie Dead Silence where the old guy was dead but the woman stood by him the whole time and put her hand up the back of his head like a puppet? Case in point with Sandy.

vCash
    Even though we won't sign any starting outfielders or anything of note, I like the scenarios. The scenarios help balance out the "we suck" threads, sure we do suck.. but it's cool to move away from that at times.
    For the best sports gifs and memes visit
    http://aviewfromthebleachers.tumblr.com/

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SILVER SEAVER View Post
    Has anyone seen the movie Dead Silence where the old guy was dead but the woman stood by him the whole time and put her hand up the back of his head like a puppet? Case in point with Sandy.
    did they rip off "Weekend at Bernie's"? for years, I thought that VP Dick Chaney was playing the part of Bernie, until he shot his friend hunting, which Bernie couldn't have done...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic_Canon View Post
    Even though we won't sign any starting outfielders or anything of note, I like the scenarios. The scenarios help balance out the "we suck" threads, sure we do suck.. but it's cool to move away from that at times.
    Thanks....trade scenarios in a complete plan are fun to create like jigsaw puzzles.
    Bob
    Met fan since 1969

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dugmet View Post
    I don't think the Mets would roll on Young under any circumstance after what happened to him the last time he was in NY...and since the Wilpons are Jewish.
    Please explain what you are referencing....
    Bob
    Met fan since 1969

vCash
    If you don't like my posts just ignore them. There is a lot of stuff thrown into this website that is not carefully thought out. You may disagree but this is a doable plan.
    aaaaannnnnnnnndddd no it's not

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by vtmet View Post
    did they rip off "Weekend at Bernie's"? for years, I thought that VP Dick Chaney was playing the part of Bernie, until he shot his friend hunting, which Bernie couldn't have done...
    It wasn't Chaney it was the same guy that shot Kennedy behind the fence of the railyard on the grassy knoll.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna28 View Post
    Wright is getting his money either way, who knows the exact reason why he allowed them to defer some of the salary. If they did promise that to Wright, it's very possible that they just lied to him like they did with all the fans.

Wright seems invested in the teams future, so even if they decide to not spend I'm sure he will see the light at the end of the tunnel.
    That's just the light from the sign on the Citi Bank.

vCash
    If you don't like my posts just ignore them. There is a lot of stuff thrown into this website that is not carefully thought out. You may disagree but this is a doable plan.
    It's not a doable plan because they don't have that type of budget.

It's nice to think about but 110 million dollars for an annual payroll is a pipe dream to this point with this ownership.

Maybe the more realistic FA options become clearer next year when they only have presumably 3 contracted players (Wright, Niese and hopefully Dickey)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    It's not a doable plan because they don't have that type of budget.

It's nice to think about but 110 million dollars for an annual payroll is a pipe dream to this point with this ownership.

Maybe the more realistic FA options become clearer next year when they only have presumably 3 contracted players (Wright, Niese and hopefully Dickey)
    We need a bet going in here about how many first, second and third tier FAs SA signs to complete the OF and C spots. While I would love for him to go all in and follow my plan they may cap him at $100M which means he gets one from Column A [Bourn, Swisher or Young], one from Column B [Hairston or Ross] and one from Column C [Olivo]. LOOGYs and backup starters from the retread scrap heap.
    Bob
    Met fan since 1969

vCash
    Cool. Where do we leave the $$ donations???

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123