Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Should Gailey be on the hot seat?

Should chan gailey be on the hot seat?

Here of late terrible play calling, more specifically the past few games. I recall a few times (none specific) where he has admitted that he didn't know the down or yardage. And nowhere close to a winning team at the end of the year. Should we be looking for a new head coach? Or do we give him more time? Do we see if they draft a qb that can sling it down field and with accuracy and poise under pressure and draft some better lb and cb. Bottom line, can we win with Chan Gailey, and can he lead us to the playoffs and beyond?

I will say that under chan gailey we have established a very solid run and screen game, but nothing downfield at all. In his defense he is working with a qb that has no arm strength and no established down field threat. Under chan gailey we have more offense than we have had in quite a while despite having waiver qb's to work with and other than SJ no other notable weapons.

I for one would like to see the bills draft a franchise caliber qb in rd 1-2 and a lb for the other. Then maybe a good db if one is available. Then if chan still cannot win, or atleast improve dramatically then we let him go...

vCash
    I say yes, but only if we get a proven guy. Either way, a D-coordinator is needed.

Things will always work out in the end, but if you want them to turn out a certain way... You need to make it happen.

vCash
    Basically unless you get a Cower or someone of that caliber (which I believe this team + a first round QB would like a nice opportunity for a good coach), then you give gailey 1 more year.

Things will always work out in the end, but if you want them to turn out a certain way... You need to make it happen.

vCash
    I would have to agree to that... However I recall when we got gaily we were taking about cowher, chuck, shannahan, holmgren and a few others an we ended up with chan...

vCash
    He should definitely be on the hot seat. I'm pretty sure his record is worse than that of Jauron. Gailey has much better players to work with too.

Problem is, if the Bills are just going to replace him with another poor choice, there's no reason to fire Gailey.

This team needs to get much better at drafting and coaching.

vCash
    Here is my concern. If we drop gailey now just to replace him with equally poor coaching, we will be spinning our wheels again. Now wilson is 94 and if the teams stays in buffalo who ever owns the team after him will come in and most likely want their own coaches and own franchise qb. So if we switch now, then in another few years we will go though the same rebuild again under new ownership. Like I mentioned before gailey has a lot more talent than jauron, no doubt, but neither of them had even a top 15 qb. I would like to see what he could do with a qb that has even a good arm before we pull the plug

vCash
    i think Gailey would be great for a rookie QB. wish we had him as OC rather than HC.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jgood17 View Post
    Should chan gailey be on the hot seat?

Here of late terrible play calling, more specifically the past few games. I recall a few times (none specific) where he has admitted that he didn't know the down or yardage. And nowhere close to a winning team at the end of the year. Should we be looking for a new head coach? Or do we give him more time? Do we see if they draft a qb that can sling it down field and with accuracy and poise under pressure and draft some better lb and cb. Bottom line, can we win with Chan Gailey, and can he lead us to the playoffs and beyond?

I will say that under chan gailey we have established a very solid run and screen game, but nothing downfield at all. In his defense he is working with a qb that has no arm strength and no established down field threat. Under chan gailey we have more offense than we have had in quite a while despite having waiver qb's to work with and other than SJ no other notable weapons.

I for one would like to see the bills draft a franchise caliber qb in rd 1-2 and a lb for the other. Then maybe a good db if one is available. Then if chan still cannot win, or atleast improve dramatically then we let him go...
    Fitzpatrick's lack of deep pass is a huge problem.

vCash
    Well also terrible play calling I see is the distribution of carriers between the league pleaser in ypc and an injury prone 30+ guy...

vCash
    Well Gailey probably should be on the hot seat but there is no question in my mind that Nix should be canned. Some of his draft choices have been questionable and his insistence that Fitzpatrick is a capable starting qb should be enough to buy his ticket out of town.

vCash
    It should be pretty clear now to every Bills' fan that both Gailey and Nix need to go. The sooner the better.

vCash
    We have one of the best RB's in the league and he does not get any red zone carries and barely gets carries during the game. That alone is a fireable offense.

Lets not forget play calling. I can write forever on how his play calling has lost us several games this season alone. He is a fool.

vCash
    I feel he is a OFfensive coordinator at best... But with not giving your best rb the ball I think he has fell from that too

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jgood17 View Post
    I feel he is a OFfensive coordinator at best... But with not giving your best rb the ball I think he has fell from that too
    His last job, before we hired him was as OC for KC. He was fired a few days before the season started. For some reason the Bills hired him as HC. It will never make sense to me.

vCash
    I dot expect him to take us to the playoffs especially with our qb. But we should be in a much closer battle for wild card

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast