Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Lon Babby ready to act sooner than later on trade market

I don't want this to turn into a trade thread but thought it was worthy of it's own.

SB Nation Arizona's Kris Habbas recounted a discussion with Lon Babby after practice today at US Airways Arena.

"Babby would not quantify the teams interest level in making a move, but one thing he did state is that he does not want to wait until the trade deadline to make a move.

The team would prefer to pull the trigger on a move sooner if there is a trade to make. The team is listening to inquiries and making calls however to gauge interest in potential moves with the current assets they have."

http://www.brightsideofthesun.com/20...later-on-trade

The article also discusses trade possibilities for many players (even Dragic)

vCash
    Reading further I saw this:

according to Shamsports.com the Suns have a team option on Beasley's third year. Now this is news to me. I worked hard all summer to find out if the contract was guaranteed, and all indications were that all three years were. But Shamports is generally right, so... I am putting in another query to the Suns for further clarification.
    I hadn't heard this either but I never knew Warrick's 4th year was a team option until this past offseason so who knows.

vCash
    http://www.shamsports.com/content/pa...aries/suns.jsp

Sure enough, this site does indicate a team option on the 3rd year for Beasley. I wonder if it's a screwup.

4. 12-11-2012, 03:34 PM
    Reason
    false report

5. 12-11-2012, 03:41 PM
    Reason
    Response to deleted post

vCash
    Biggs, as funny as it was to read that, I have to delete it cuz even I got my hopes up.

vCash
    personally, i'd prefer to keep Dragic, Scola (as a relief PF, also for a veteran presence), and Brown (again, as a relief SG, can be an explosive scorer off the bench). the rest i'd trade.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by king4day View Post
    Biggs, as funny as it was to read that, I have to delete it cuz even I got my hopes up.
    what? what did i miss?

vCash
    Wtf K4D. That's bs we want our hopes up too .

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mdm692 View Post
    Wtf K4D. That's bs we want our hopes up too .
    Hahah!! exactly!

vCash
    I'm happy trading any current Suns player so long as it is to rebuild (picks, youth & expiring contracts) and tank this season and potentially next season.

The Lakers 2015 unprotected 1st pick could end up being a lottery pick too, something I bet nobody expected (and probably aren't game to voice at this stage).

vCash
    What are the protections on the Lakers pick this year.

vCash
    Gortat,Dudley,Brown and Phoenix 1st for Kevin Love. Then trade for a SG.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mdm692 View Post
    What are the protections on the Lakers pick this year.
    I think that when everything is said and done, they'll make the Playoffs.

vCash
    **** yeah. Although I doubt that happens. Dragic-Tucker-Beasley-Love-O'neal.

vCash
    ^^^For now that is. OJ Mayo in the off-season or Iggy and maybe Oden if he wants a come back and we're getting places.

vCash
    From Bill Simmons

"The Phoenix Mess

The headliner here is Michael Beasley, and you can count on zero hands the number of teams that have any interest in acquiring Beasley now, with $6 million on the books for next season and at least $3 million for 2014-15. Saturday also frees up Jermaine O'Neal (reborn, and stealing Marcin Gortat's minutes), a fierce defender in P.J. Tucker (swiping Beasley's time), the very good Goran Dragic, and Shannon Brown, a decent rotation player when he doesn't have to create off the dribble.

The vultures are circling Phoenix, looking to see if they can extract value from the Suns' collective failure. The Suns have little interest in dealing Dragic, but the tension between Gortat and Alvin Gentry could lead to a larger deal — one that could include more puzzle pieces starting Saturday."
    http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/...ade-candidates

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast