Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Player meeting

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by magikmc View Post
    I think the difference is the talent level, or pedigree of the veterans. Players are more likely to listen to a guy that has a resume and proven he knows the game/how to win/ etc etc. You're talking about second rate vets that aren't really respected around the league. To offset the talent or history issue, you really need to have a boss personality like Magloire. The guys on our team have neither.

I'm not an NBA level athlete, but being named captain in varsity and semi-pro soccer I can kind of speak from experience. When I was with a group of guys that didn't know my history, or I wasn't playing well enough to "lead by example" it was impossible to get guys to listen. On the other hand, when guys knew my stats from a year ago, or if I was performing at a very high level; I was able to really get through to my teammates with ease. ESPECIALLY with the guys younger than me.

I think this is a similar place for the Raptors. There's no player that has the voice in the locker room that can really get through to the team.
    Very true. You still play ball, bro?

Key Observation: Jamal was on the roster, last season, we played better. This season, he's gone, we play **** and start fighting with each other. Speaks on lack of vet leadership.
    Last edited by GameBreaker; 12-13-2012 at 01:24 PM.

Adversaree & Phat Tony Present: Super Emcee

GameBreaker aka Adversaree aka Anakin Slangwalker:PioneerGang
    http://adversareepioneergangmusic.ba...-barz-sinister
    Video Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kKvth...ture=g-all-lik

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GameBreaker View Post
    Very true. You still play ball, bro?

Key Observation: Jamal was on the roster, last season, we played better. This season, he's gone, we play **** and start fighting with each other. Speaks on lack of vet leadership.
    Yup, still playing. In the midst of a 6 month break though so I can let some injuries heal. Should be back playing this summer and varsity next year.

I agree. I think Magloire really helped last year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pebloemer View Post
    It definitely seems to be something stemming back to his 2nd year in the organization. There are times when it appears he almost has it right (ie. bringing a guy like Marion in was a perfect fit for the team at the time), but those times are often short lived. I'm not sure if there is a disconnect between what the coach wants to do and the players being brought in, if there is no disconnect at all and the coach just doesn't have a clear vision of the team he wants, if BC is just stubborn, or different combination of those things at different times. This definitely isn't the first time that the pieces just aren't fitting in very well.
    i just don't think he has a great grasp of the team concept and team dynamics. anybody know what his background was before he become GM of the Phoenix Suns?
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

vCash
    I wonder who lead the meeting lol

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678