Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Player meeting

vCash
    I still want to see what Jonas did in that meeting.

I would think someone like Amir would get into Lowry's face. He's probably the most vocal in the locker room in terms of just talking a lot. Maybe Calderon since he's probably vocal as well.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikeleafs View Post
    The real problem is that there are NO veterans on this team!!! Look how NYC flourished with old farts like Kidd and Wallace!!!

This was BC's biggest mistake and spending on ****ing Fields when we could of used it on anyone else.
    We have a bunch of vets. Jose has been in the league for 7 years and is in his 30s. Lucas and Anderson are also both 30. Amir has been in the league for 7 years too and learned a lot from Rasheed.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ink View Post
    Adelman may have had it right with Lowry. Maybe he is more of a headcase than expected.
    LOL why do you bash every pg on our team not named Jose Calderon? you had a problem with Jack than after that it was Bayless and now its Lowry

vCash
    At what point is it time for Anselmi to "pull out the rug" from under the season? Fire Colangelo, bring in an interim GM to "clean house" as much as possible to get payroll down and subsequentially make a decision on Casey?

What comes first, "the big trade" or "the big statement?"

We have to be close to the tipping point don't we?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BHF View Post
    LOL why do you bash every pg on our team not named Jose Calderon? you had a problem with Jack than after that it was Bayless and now its Lowry
    Was TJ Ford before you? The TJ vs. Jose threads were legendary. Ink likes a pass-first guard like Nash and Jose. Nothing wrong with that. Myself, I just like an aggressive guard who is going to put pressure on the defence. That is what I have liked about a lot of the guys you listed. I feel Jose doesn't put a lot of pressure on the D, he is too quick to pass up shots that he can make.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob_at_york View Post
    We have a bunch of vets. Jose has been in the league for 7 years and is in his 30s. Lucas and Anderson are also both 30. Amir has been in the league for 7 years too and learned a lot from Rasheed.
    True they are veterans in a sense. But do we have any "winning" veterans? Those who've won championships, or at least played integral leadership roles in the success of any nba team

I guess Calderon would be our only one, but he wants out.

vCash
    Was TJ Ford before you? The TJ vs. Jose threads were legendary. Ink likes a pass-first guard like Nash and Jose. Nothing wrong with that. Myself, I just like an aggressive guard who is going to put pressure on the defence. That is what I have liked about a lot of the guys you listed. I feel Jose doesn't put a lot of pressure on the D, he is too quick to pass up shots that he can make.
    Jose has been lazy and Nonchalant this season; which is obvious with his trade request. His passes are soft, and he doesn't have the same passion that he once had. Jose has been horrible.

Where he made threes a few seasons ago, he has missed this season. Where he made nice passes in the past, he has not done so this season. Where he didn't play D in the past... well it's even worse this season.

He has to go.

Lowry should be on the floor for the majority of the game.

And by the way, those pants, they belong to my dad.And they're not really pants,
    they're Lederhosen

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pebloemer View Post
    At what point is it time for Anselmi to "pull out the rug" from under the season? Fire Colangelo, bring in an interim GM to "clean house" as much as possible to get payroll down and subsequentially make a decision on Casey?

I still don't think anything will happen soon. Still waiting how Anderson and fields will play out for us. Maybe changes will come AFTER another tough, losing season

vCash

Lool 7 years in the league is not considered a vet... atleast I dont... Tell me who can Jonas and Ross learn from on our roster? Amir Johnson and John Lucas??? LOOOL

Guys, like Kidd, Rasheed Wallace, Kurt Thomas, Jason Terry, Ray Allen, Kirilenko, would have been SOLID veterans to add to our team...

Just look at how Magloire helped this team just with his presence last year.

BC really put this young roster at a disadvantage and did NOT put them into a position where they could succeed.

The rookie head coach does not help either.
    Last edited by Mikeleafs; 12-12-2012 at 12:20 PM.
    LEAFS, CHELSEA FC, RAPTORS, BLUE JAYS, COWBOYS

vCash
    Lool 7 years in the league is not considered a vet... atleast I dont... Tell me who can Jonas and Ross learn from on our roster? Amir Johnson and John Lucas??? LOOOL
    Most definitely John Lucas. John Lucas knows so much about the game and what it takes to stay in the game.

Guys, like Kidd, Rasheed Wallace, Kurt Thomas, Jason Terry, Ray Allen, Kirilenko, would have been SOLID veterans to add to our team...
    Most of those guys chased rings. I don't see any way we could have acquired most of them. I didn't know vets had to be +35. And speaking about the guy who isn't that old from your list, what makes Kirilenko any more of a vetern than Jose? They are the same age. AK has played a couple of extra seasons in the NBA more than Jose but I don't think the difference is that large between them.

BC really put this young roster at a disadvantage and did NOT put them into a position where they could succeed.

Casey isn't a rookie.

vCash
    3rd season as a head coach is far from a rookie

vCash
    The team should do everything possible to try and get Bargnani to start scoring again in order to raise his value. Then we can trade him for something better. Last year we could have gotten a top pick in return for him. Let's try to get something like that again, seeing as how this team is not going to do anything this year. They can be serious all they want, but were not coming back from this shithole we dug ourselves into.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pebloemer View Post

certainly hope so!

if Colangelo makes any big moves but doesn't get renewed our ownership deserves a big one of these

Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

vCash

i have been making these points as well. totally agree. this roster definitely lacks for vets who have seen what it takes to win as pros.
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

vCash

What?

You don't think 7 years in the league is a veteran?

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast