Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisSabo17 View Post
    Ever? I think he could be a good coach. He reminds me of Kurt Gibson. Cool calm and a hardass!
    Who knows for sure, but he said the only team he wants to coach is his son's little league team. Heard this on the Radio.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by stsparks72 View Post
    The Indians will send the Reds approximately $3.5MM to account for the differences in projected salaries between Choo and Stubbs, according to Ken Rosenthal of FOX Sports.

Also, so long as the Reds at least make a qualifying offer to Choo after this season they will receive a compensation draft pick should he sign elsewhere (which is very likely).

This deal is masterful on the part of Jocketty.

#1 They get Choo and Donaldson (much needed pieces).
    #2 The Indians are paying the salary difference (so they save money).
    #3 They will get a free draft pick in 2014 (use this to get more young prospects).
    I think it would be best for the Reds to extend him for one more season. Hamilton isn't ready yet, and we should be able to rely on Choo until he is ready.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jlohm1 View Post
    I think it would be best for the Reds to extend him for one more season. Hamilton isn't ready yet, and we should be able to rely on Choo until he is ready.
    Scott Boras client. He isn't resigning this close to free agency. He will atleast test the waters. He also knows he will get a 5 year deal on the open market. So why take a year year extension now?

vCash
    This is one of the best trades I have ever seen Walt pull. Lost nothing but Didi and he is projected at best as a starting everyday SS. I don't think he was ever going to be a star. We lost no money and no telnet minus Didi.

vCash
    The one thing nobody has mentioned yet is how Shin-Soo Choo destroys GABP! He almost single handily won every game for the Tribe against the Reds lats season. Check these numbers out for Choo at GABP.

36 AB with 6 Walks, 10 hits, 6 RBI, and 4 HRs

Choo has hit 20+ HRs twice in his career. If healthy, I wouldn't be surprised if he has his best year yet. Hitting at GABP in a contract year = big stats.

vCash
    Last stat of the night. Stubbs has a .989 Fld% compared to Choo who has a .984 Fld%. Other than a little speed not much difference there. Oddly enough Stubbs has more Errors, which probably means that Choo has the more accurate arm.

vCash
    First off good trade but Rolan back are you serious? He was a great 3rd baseman (Was) Todd Fraizer put up great numbers this past year now lets see what he can do in a full season without being platooned. one year with Choo and he is gone because we have the fasted man alive in the minors and it gives Hamilton a chance to only get better in center. But I do like the idea of Rolan being a coach. But think I would rather have Larkin as a coach if not the manager of the Reds in the next year or so...

vCash
    Yeah it's a decent deal there is no chance Choo Resigns at all so he is a stop gap for Hamilton in late 2013 or the start of 2014 season.

vCash
    Rolen isn't coming back with the signing of Jack Hannahan today.

props to Bee for the sig!!

vCash
    Or maybe not what i posted:
    •Scott Rolen has suggested to the Reds that he might want to return for another season and the team would be “more than happy” to give him a chance, Danny Knobler of CBSSports.com reports. The Reds, who recently agreed to terms with infielder Jack Hannahan, believe Rolen can help on and off of the field.

Read more at http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/#j37LrjmuHQAYD6pG.99

vCash
    Choo was superb leading off last year for the Indians. You guys got a great piece and barely gave up anything, lol. Maybe Indians and Reds fans should pair up and send the Diamondbacks a fruit basket or something.

vCash
    yea I don't know what the diamondbacks were thinking.

vCash
    We should at least send Arizona a Christmas card!!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by letsgobrownies7 View Post
    Rolen isn't coming back with the signing of Jack Hannahan today.
    Still one open spot on the roster for an Infielder.

My guess at the 2013 Opening Day 25 man roster assuming Rolen retruns and the Reds go with 11 pitchers coming out of Spring Training.

Infielders
    Joey Votto
    Brandon Phillips
    Zack Cozart
    Todd Frazier
    Jack Hannahan
    Jason Donald
    Scott Rolen
    Ryan Hanigan
    Devin Mesoraco

Outfielders
    Jay Bruce
    Ryan Ludwick
    Shin Soo Choo
    Chris Heisey
    Xavier Paul

Pitchers
    Johnny Cueto
    Mat Latos
    Bronson Arroyo
    Homer Bailey
    Mike Leake
    Aroldis Chapman
    Sam LeCure
    Jose Arredondo
    Jonathan Broxton
    Sean Marshall
    Nick Masset

That leaves JJ Hoover, Alfredo Simon, and Logan Ondrusek out of the picture. If Rolen doesn't return the Reds could go with 12 Pitchers out of camp. In that case I could see Ondrusek making the team. I know one thing, the Louisville Bats are going to have some really good pitching in 2013 with Hoover, Simon, Ondrusek, Redmond, Cingrani, Corcino, Joseph, Judy, etc. The Reds got plenty in the pipeline.

vCash
    I see Leake going down too Triple A to get regular starts.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast