Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

Reds Acquire Shin-Soo Choo In Three-Team Deal

By Zach Links [December 11, 2012 at 8:17pm CST]
    8:12pm: The Diamondbacks announced that they have acquired shortstop Didi Gregorius, left-handed pitcher Tony Sipp, and first baseman Lars Anderson from the Indians in exchange for right-handed pitchers Trevor Bauer, Matt Albers and Bryan Shaw. The Reds are receiving Shin-Soo Choo and Jason Donald in the swap.

Read more at http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2012/1...Z523F2t1Pjy.99

vCash
    I like the deal should give us enough time to let Hamilton play center field in triple A all year being a september call up. I just hope Choo can play center or we are screwed. He has had problems in center field in the past.

vCash
    he's pretty good defensively and we have a small OF, so he should be fine. he's capable of doing really good on the Reds. worst case scenario, Bruce can play CF and Choo can play RF.

vCash
    jlohm. On the other thread you asked why I wouldn't like this trade. Im warming up to it, I guess I didn't expect it. I just have a problem having Choo for one year and gone. He is average to below average in center however a huge upgrade leading off. Walt knows more about this than anyone of us so I trust his judgment. He set out to resign Luddy and get a leadoff batter..... Mission accomplished!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IowaAJ View Post
    I like the deal should give us enough time to let Hamilton play center field in triple A all year being a september call up. I just hope Choo can play center or we are screwed. He has had problems in center field in the past.

Choo is not a gold glover but he is a really underrated outfielder. great arm and will hold down the spot until someone else can take over.
    For not honoring a sig bet I now own YEDB90

vCash
    Great trade, fills our last need. However I would still like to see Rolen resigned as a PH/bench, could use another reliable bat off the bench as well as his leadership

''Sig by Johnle''

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CodeRed View Post
    Great trade, fills our last need. However I would still like to see Rolen resigned as a PH/bench, could use another reliable bat off the bench as well as his leadership
    Good call codeRed. However I think if Rolen signs, he will fight for the starting role as long as he is healthy. He still can play.....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dogdaddy View Post
    Good call codeRed. However I think if Rolen signs, he will fight for the starting role as long as he is healthy. He still can play.....
    I like Rolen as much as the next guy, but what scares me is Dusty Bakers tendency to go with veterans. Todd Frazier could end up a part time player again. I don't want to see that happen.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by stsparks72 View Post
    I like Rolen as much as the next guy, but what scares me is Dusty Bakers tendency to go with veterans. Todd Frazier could end up a part time player again. I don't want to see that happen.
    I really like Rolen, I think he is a huge reason why this team is successful. however, I'm not so sure I want him in the team next year. you have to think about it, he'll probably spend about half the year on the DL with his back and shoulder problems.

If the Reds could bring him back as a coach, that would be awesome.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dogdaddy View Post
    jlohm. On the other thread you asked why I wouldn't like this trade. Im warming up to it, I guess I didn't expect it. I just have a problem having Choo for one year and gone. He is average to below average in center however a huge upgrade leading off. Walt knows more about this than anyone of us so I trust his judgment. He set out to resign Luddy and get a leadoff batter..... Mission accomplished!
    I would like to see the Reds give him a 1 year extension, then Hamilton should be ready.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jlohm1 View Post
    If the Reds could bring him back as a coach, that would be awesome.
    He has said that he doesn't want to be a coach.

vCash
    Who else was dancing around when they heard Choo and his OBP was coming to Cincy? I know I was/am. I really like the deal. The Reds gave no real value up in this trade. Didi is a good player and I wish him well but his talent is worth one year and maybe more of Choo. Does anyone know about Donldson? Looked at his numbers seems to be a utility guy but on mlb trade rumors . com Walt said they are still looking for a utility guy. Donaldson's numbers arn't that bad for a bench guy. Much better than Valdez and Ciaro

vCash
    Ever? I think he could be a good coach. He reminds me of Kurt Gibson. Cool calm and a hardass!

vCash
    damn... like I said, I like him, but I'm not so sure it would be good for the Reds to bring him back.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisSabo17 View Post
    Who else was dancing around when they heard Choo and his OBP was coming to Cincy? I know I was/am. I really like the deal. The Reds gave no real value up in this trade. Didi is a good player and I wish him well but his talent is worth one year and maybe more of Choo. Does anyone know about Donldson? Looked at his numbers seems to be a utility guy but on mlb trade rumors . com Walt said they are still looking for a utility guy. Donaldson's numbers arn't that bad for a bench guy. Much better than Valdez and Ciaro
    this deal makes me want to

vCash
    The Indians will send the Reds approximately $3.5MM to account for the differences in projected salaries between Choo and Stubbs, according to Ken Rosenthal of FOX Sports.

Also, so long as the Reds at least make a qualifying offer to Choo after this season they will receive a compensation draft pick should he sign elsewhere (which is very likely).

This deal is masterful on the part of Jocketty.

#1 They get Choo and Donaldson (much needed pieces).
    #2 The Indians are paying the salary difference (so they save money).
    #3 They will get a free draft pick in 2014 (use this to get more young prospects).

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast