Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 44 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Unfortunately, this probably says more about Paea's injury than what they think of Okoye.

vCash
    Why is everyone so obsessed w a 3-4?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JUNBUGG18-CHI View Post
    I did some thinking lets say we revamp our whole coaching staff. Bring in a coach who runs a 3-4. Trade Peppers pretty sure he cant net us a 1st rd pick.

doing all this without doing the number work
    Resign-Melton/Izzy/Collins/Urlacher

FA
    LT-J.Long
    OG-A.Levitre or R.Lilja
    TE-A pass catching TE

Draft
    1rd- NT-Johnathan Jenkins-Georgia
    1rd- OG-Brett Jones-Alabama
    2nd- IB-Kevin Minter-LSU
    after that Best available

Starting Lineup

Jeffery- Long/Levitre/Garza/Jones/Carimi/FA TE - Marshall
    Cutler
    Rodriguez
    Forte

Peanut - Paea/Jenkins/Melton - Jennings
    Shea/Minter/Urlacher/Briggs
    Wright Conte

Could be a smooth transition but in the end it all comes down to the staff.
    Cut Hester or trade him for a 7th round pick and you have more cash
    FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER ChiTownGuido23

vCash
    If Okoye's knee can get right, he could be a good player for us! I expect over the off-season for him to get healed and ready to play. I wish Paea a speedy recovery while I'm hoping Melton's shoulder is okay.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cubsbears1225 View Post
    Cut Hester or trade him for a 7th round pick and you have more cash

Hesters not a WR @ all but teams still fear him as a returner and u usually dont get much out of a 7th rd pick rather keep him and cut different players like K.Davis cant do siht for the teams but fall

vCash
    With where are defense was at the start of the season, I think we are a couple of pieces from being dominant. Drafting Urlacher's replacement in the 1st or 2nd rd while keeping him around for another year or two with possibly moving him to SLB. Getting a quality DE in the 4th rd in a deep DE class, can give us youthful depth to groom moving forward. Izzy, although I like him, should not be resigned because having one DE over 30 is more than enough on a team that requires speed in getting to the QB!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cub_StuckinSTL View Post
    I don't get it but everyone wants to around here it seems like. I get it that most teams are moving to the 3-4 but that doesn't mean the Bears are going to transition into it any time soon. Hell lets bring back the old 46 defense

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cub_StuckinSTL View Post
    Don't get me started...

our future

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bleacher Bums View Post
    I don't get it but everyone wants to around here it seems like. I get it that most teams are moving to the 3-4 but that doesn't mean the Bears are going to transition into it any time soon. Hell lets bring back the old 46 defense
    Lol run the 4-6 vs the vikes. Run on that ap
    Quote Originally Posted by mikebrez bears/ View Post
    Don't get me started...
    Well I see their point it's the greatest thing ever!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bleacher Bums View Post
    I don't really like the 3-4, but I'd love to see us in a Ravens-like defense where we can play matchups to our favor.

...but, we need non-injured Urlacher, Peppers, and a stud safety (are you healthy yet, Mike Brown???) to do so. SOoooooo, that's not happening.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by debo View Post
    I don't really like the 3-4, but I'd love to see us in a Ravens-like defense where we can play matchups to our favor.

...but, we need non-injured Urlacher, Peppers, and a stud safety (are you healthy yet, Mike Brown???) to do so. SOoooooo, that's not happening.
    Mike Brown... if he doesn't get hurt he's probably still on this team. He'd only be like 30 years old. Shame that injuries had to take his career.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mikebrez bears/ View Post
    Thinking we may go to a 3-4 because of drafting Shea McClellin is like saying the packers are going to a 4-3 because they drafted nick perry
    Quote Originally Posted by debo View Post

To run a defense like the Ravens do. We need a big as NT. As far as a healthy Urlacher don't think he'll be the same player again.

vCash
    I don't care for the 3-4 scheme at all. I have always loved the 4-3 scheme. There is nothing better in sports to me than your front four getting after the QB! Absolutely love that!

vCash
    There are only a handful of teams that run a true 3-4. Most of the NFL is 4-3 or a hybrid. A hybrid gives the GM a little more flexibility in personnel. That is a big reason to transition to a hybrid scheme.

vCash
    I know we have melton now, but I loved our defense when we had Big Ted Washington and Keith "Tractor-Trailor" Taylor. Like the Vikings Williams Wall. Big DTs that kept the o-linemen off the LBs and allowed them to make plays.

We also need to start looking for a replacement for Briggs, contract up after next year I believe.

Page 6 of 44 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast