Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 44 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    vCash
    We OL more then anything on DA BEAR. #1 target should be a LT. Cutler has taken a lot of punishment here he deserves to have protection. Look @ what he was doing with Denver when he had a real OL in front of him. Marshall, Jeffery, and if that Smith trade goes down along with an upgraded OL n forte n bush thats the making of a dangerous offence as long as tice is no longer the OC with his weak and stupid playcalling

vCash

Some of you need to look into the contracts of players before spewing ****. If we cut Earl, our net savings would be in the $750k-$1mil range depending on your source. You then have to replace Earl with someone, so at most, we save $500k. That's just stupid *** management to cut a guy who has been (outside of this season) so incredibly ****ing good by split stats.

Get Alshon healthy. Get a speedster. Put Earl in the slot and only in the slot. Welcome to how to build a WR corps that is successful.

NFC North: Leading the League in Stupid.

vCash
    I definitely wouldn't cut Earl but I think he and Jay need to get away for a weekend and rekindle that flame because if he could be in sync with him and Brandon like he should be able to, goddamn that would be sweet. The guy's had stretches of catching 5-6 passes, and he's had 2 50 catch seasons. That might not be amazing, but it's decent, it shows he can get open. It's just that with Brandon on the team and the way Cutler locks onto his guy and doesn't really spread it around much, Bennett is doomed to have mediocre numbers. There's no reason he shouldn't put up 50/800 still.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by debo View Post

Some of you need to look into the contracts of players before spewing ****. If we cut Earl, our net savings would be in the $750k-$1mil range depending on your source. You then have to replace Earl with someone, so at most, we save $500k. That's just stupid *** management to cut a guy who has been (outside of this season) so incredibly ****ing good by split stats.

Get Alshon healthy. Get a speedster. Put Earl in the slot and only in the slot. Welcome to how to build a WR corps that is successful.
    IIRC you were pretty down on Alshon when we drafted him. It sucks that he missed so much time because we don't have much to judge him by yet; I'd be curious to know if he moved the needle much with you.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WOwolfOL View Post
    IIRC you were pretty down on Alshon when we drafted him. It sucks that he missed so much time because we don't have much to judge him by yet; I'd be curious to know if he moved the needle much with you.
    I was down on Alshon as a first round pick if we were going that route. However, I really, really liked the pick in the 2nd round. I had major concerns that he'd keep his fat *** in shape, and it seems that he has. I don't think it's a stretch to say Alshon's the most talented WR in that class, but he absolutely has to run a better route tree and return to the kind of shape he was in in 2010.

So, I wouldn't say that the needle has moved as much as my concerns haven't been an issue.

NFC North: Leading the League in Stupid.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ry31walsh View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mikebrez bears/ View Post
    I've never had much wrong with stuff you post not sure if you are drinking tonight or what.. But huh?

Lets start with the first paragraph long is not in a contract after this year and is on IR so really he isn't at all. He was franchised last year so they would have to pay him 120% which would be about 16 mil. Not happening

Dj moore has been on our inactive until the Jennings injury. He's gone.

Lance Louis won't be able to to play til mid 2013 or even 2014

Knox- will never play in the nfl again, he can't run today. You think he can play nfl football in spring?

Earl Bennett - has the best hands in the nfl over his last 3 years. Get him an o line and we just resigned him to an extension. Lol

Curry is done. 8 teams looked at him and passed, McClain is a mess and not set for our system at all.

Steve smith is coming off his worst season ever and he would play alshon's spot. No give me alshon

Woodhead- not a fit for us at all, maybe Edelman

We have better DTs now than Dorsey

We have no 7th rounder

You don't back up cutler with a late round rookie QB, when he goes down every season
    I disagree about Long. He on IR but its not career threatening injury. Hes an elite LT, 16 million year isn't really a bad price, I think someone could sign him long term for around 16. LT make big money and hes one of the best.

Not sure about Louis and Knox status but I could give them a shot. If your signing low end deals which I exspect them to why not bring them in.

Earl Bennett is horrible, he can't get open so his great hands don't factor in an actual game of football most sundays. For all his great hands he catchins only 53% of his targets which is horrible for slot guy.

Smith has 60 catches for 999 yards with three games left...?????? He also plays slot, Jeffrey plays flanker. So you would have Marshall as X, Jeffreys at z and Smith the y.

Woodhead would give another weapon in a quick passing game along with Forte.

McClain is 23 and has the speed to play MLB in this system. I see him the same value wise as a 2nd or 3rd round pick in the draft.

Rookie QBs are playing a lot better then any other point in time. This years class of Luck, RG3, Willson have been really good. Even weeden and Noles have have there moments.

If you look at the blue print for a good offense I think you kind of look at the packers. There O line is not good and has given up more sacks then us. But they are able to be a top offense because they have Jennings, Nelson, Cobb, Finley, and Jones to make plays. The Giants ranked as one of the worst O lines last year by PFF. You don't need a great o line to have a great offense, you need multiple weapons who can make plays.
    Steve smith can line up anywhere but he has never been a slot receiver. So I'm not sure where your getting this info.

Your speak of 1st round Qbs. a 4th rounder in his first year, won't beats back up. Blachard is better and he is on the PS.

If you have forte why not just throw him the ball? Wood head and him would never be on the field the same time, forte is a lot better. How bout we just get him the ball?

We have multiple weapons now, more than most.

The giants have the 15th ranked o line and packers 20th. Bears 31st give us the 20th or 15th and we have already clinched....

And no McLain can't be plugged in to run our defense...

our future

vCash
    McClain needs a change of teams I see him going somewhere else and being an impact player hope we can give him a chance if he gets cut

vCash
    I was down on Alshon as a first round pick if we were going that route. However, I really, really liked the pick in the 2nd round. I had major concerns that he'd keep his fat *** in shape, and it seems that he has. I don't think it's a stretch to say Alshon's the most talented WR in that class, but he absolutely has to run a better route tree and return to the kind of shape he was in in 2010.

So, I wouldn't say that the needle has moved as much as my concerns haven't been an issue.
    True. Hopefully like Brandon said, he will take him under his wing and get his footwork in order. Maybe he can help him understand what defenders are trying to do to him and when to break off a route and find space. He is similar in how he uses his body, and with a master like Brandon tweaking his technique he should take a big step forward. Hopefully his knee can withstand those workouts cuz I imagine they are brutal. If he can get into anywhere near the shape BM is in, holy ****.

Both of them need to do what Jerry Rice did - play catch with ****ing bricks

vCash
    Raiders fans have really convinced me that McClain would be a terrible, terrible move. He's useless in coverage, undisciplined and hits the wrong gaps in run support, and also has the off-field baggage.

vCash
    Its Raiders fan!!!! Every player deserves a 2nd chance to see if they pan out somewhere else. Look @ siht Dolphins fans were saying about Marshall. Look @ what we said about Benson before he went to cincy and tore it up over there. McClain was a top pick for a reason and @ 23 yrs old just takes the right coaches.

vCash
    Marshall was putting up PB #'s with crap QB's after he already established himself and Benson was sort of productive, just put in a ****** share situation with us, most of us didn't want to get rid of him. There's a big difference in those 2 situations because at least they produced.

But of course, you can find other examples where it has worked out. I'm just not comfortable making him the man/mike

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cub_StuckinSTL View Post
    Well yeah he ends up less on his *** Louis at LG Carimi at RG and an Andre Smith type at RT would be sexy
    Smith would be a great pickup, he's one of the best RT in the NFL. Still rather have a LT, but any OL help is needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Bleacher Bums View Post
    -rotoworld
    He's gone.

BMarsh is recruiting him right now.

Wait until he has a summer with BMarsh on his belt.

Quote Originally Posted by WOwolfOL View Post
    Raiders fans have really convinced me that McClain would be a terrible, terrible move. He's useless in coverage, undisciplined and hits the wrong gaps in run support, and also has the off-field baggage.
    McClain should be a 3-4 ILB, since he's more of a "thumper" type LB.

He's still really good, but only if he is not ask to go into coverage.

vCash
    The future of the Bears is on offense. Cutler/Marsh/Forte should be built around while getting younger on defense.

vCash
    I did some thinking lets say we revamp our whole coaching staff. Bring in a coach who runs a 3-4. Trade Peppers pretty sure he cant net us a 1st rd pick.

doing all this without doing the number work
    Resign-Melton/Izzy/Collins/Urlacher

FA
    LT-J.Long
    OG-A.Levitre or R.Lilja
    TE-A pass catching TE

Draft
    1rd- NT-Johnathan Jenkins-Georgia
    1rd- OG-Brett Jones-Alabama
    2nd- IB-Kevin Minter-LSU
    after that Best available

Starting Lineup

Jeffery- Long/Levitre/Garza/Jones/Carimi/FA TE - Marshall
    Cutler
    Rodriguez
    Forte

Peanut - Paea/Jenkins/Melton - Jennings
    Shea/Minter/Urlacher/Briggs
    Wright Conte

Could be a smooth transition but in the end it all comes down to the staff.
    Last edited by JUNBUGG18-CHI; 12-12-2012 at 12:25 PM.

vCash
    So apparently we just signed Okoye again??

How many time is that now? Don't we pretty much know what we're getting with him by now..

Roto:
    Bears re-signed DT Amobi Okoye.
    Okoye is back after appearing in six games for the Bears earlier this season. He compiled seven tackles and one sack in a rotational role.

Page 5 of 44 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast