Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 44 of 44 FirstFirst ... 34424344
    vCash
    Seriously, take away J'Marcus's solid grade vs. a Freeney-less Colts team, and he's negative almost all the way across the board (a 0.1 pass pro grade...whoopie).

NFC North: Leading the League in Stupid.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by debo View Post
    PFF: Proving Falsehoods False
    So if they are proving falsehoods false, that would mean that they are true, right?

Quote Originally Posted by DamnGoat View Post
    We're picking 20th...that doesn't seem too early IMO for the 2nd best ILB in the draft, especially when the best one (Te'o) will likely go in the top 10.
    Ya, but do you believe he is a clear cut 1st round talent regardless of position?

I'm personally not sure one way or another. The way I see it, we have SO many holes that I feel like BPA is the way to go, in which case, I'd honestly consider a pass rusher with one of our first 2 picks given how ridiculously deep this draft is at that position.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kozelkid View Post
    So if they are proving falsehoods false, that would mean that they are true, right?

Ya, but do you believe he is a clear cut 1st round talent regardless of position?

I'm personally not sure one way or another. The way I see it, we have SO many holes that I feel like BPA is the way to go, in which case, I'd honestly consider a pass rusher with one of our first 2 picks given how ridiculously deep this draft is at that position.
    Sometimes, maybe.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DamnGoat View Post
    Entering Week 17, Webb has graded out as the 49th best Tackle in the NFL & 26th best Left Tackle. That's according to PFF.

He is still well below average and has been given more than enough time to prove himself at LT. It'd be a huge mistake to not upgrade at LT, LG & C.
    Seriously, take away J'Marcus's solid grade vs. a Freeney-less Colts team, and he's negative almost all the way across the board (a 0.1 pass pro grade...whoopie).
    I'm sorry, I was under the impression he played better than that over the year.

vCash
    Just watching him should tell you he didn't, dude.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kozelkid View Post
    The way I see it, we have SO many holes that I feel like BPA is the way to go
    Do we though?

We definitely need a capable tight end.
    We could use a fast WR to take the top off for Marshall/Jeffery.
    We should address Urlacher's replacement, IF we're keeping the 4-3.

Those are the key ones, and I can't see an argument for any of them being more pressing than the need to address the O-line. It doesn't HAVE to be through the draft, but it does have to be priority and 1 and 2 - and all the corresponding dominoes can begin to fall after that.

vCash
    Just watching him should tell you he didn't, dude.
    Based off what we saw in his Rookie and Sophmore seasons, this year was a big improvement. Even though I don't have PFF grades at hand to argue with or against, there were few times this year other than ******** false start penalties where Webb stood out in a negative light. Even in the San Fran game he got 'outshone' by Carimi.

I still maintain that Webb is not the weak link in the line and that we should first upgrade RT or G, but I'll concede that Webb is a below average LT.

Also, I'm aware that PFF grades negatively, and significantly so, for penalties, so I wonder how much of Webb's poor grade comes down to his mental mistakes and not sheer blocking performance. He should be one of the more penalized LTs in the league, so I'm wondering if the PFF grades are obfuscating his relative ability when it comes to blocking. Is he truly the 26th worst LT in the league? Or is he the 17th-23rd worst while being the 35th worst in penalties?

Obviously, penalties are something to take into account and should be avoided, but I don't think that you can place that much stock into penalties for player and unit evaluation.

Page 44 of 44 FirstFirst ... 34424344