Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 43 of 44 FirstFirst ... 3341424344 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JBears79 View Post
    Tyler Eifert here we come.

I hope they don't draft a lineman in the first round. By the time there pick rolls around this year, the elite tackles will already be gone, and will be stuck with guards. A position that can be filled in the later rounds.
    Please, for the love of god, no. My wish list would be something like:

1. Alec Ogletree
    2. Eric Fisher (contingent on what I see from him in the Senior Bowl)
    3. Jake Matthews
    4. Kevin Minter
    5. Johnthan Banks

vCash
    No 3rd.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BcEuAbRsS View Post
    No 3rd.
    If this was directed at me, I know that. That wasn't a mock draft. It was players that I would hope the Bears target in Rd 1.

vCash
    I want Ogletree since Urlacher's pretty much done and we don't have any youth at LB right now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BCB mwat15 View Post
    If this was directed at me, I know that. That wasn't a mock draft. It was players that I would hope the Bears target in Rd 1.
    Ha. Didn't even notice the players you picked. Makes sense now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DamnGoat View Post
    I want Ogletree since Urlacher's pretty much done and we don't have any youth at LB right now.
    While I like Ogletree, I kinda feel like he'd be a reach as essentially a mid 1st round pick.

vCash
    I hope one of these 5 fall to us in RD 1
    1. Warmack
    2. Lewan
    3. Jordan
    4. Banks
    5. Mathews

vCash
    We're drafting 20th and the NFL Draft is on April 25th.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kozelkid View Post
    While I like Ogletree, I kinda feel like he'd be a reach as essentially a mid 1st round pick.
    We're picking 20th...that doesn't seem too early IMO for the 2nd best ILB in the draft, especially when the best one (Te'o) will likely go in the top 10.

vCash
    While I think Warmack will be a good guard I'm not sure if Id like him at 20. While we need help at guard I think there are more pressing issues.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Str1fe5 View Post
    No more rookie back up QBs as the primary back up. If you don't want to dedicate the cap space to a back up of Campbell's caliber, there are several decent veterans that would make more sense (like McNabb, for example ((though he wouldn't be my first or second choice, either)).

I don't know the Saints cap situation, but Bushrod could possibly be a cap casualty considering they just gave big contracts to Colston, Brees, and Jahri Evans over the last two off seasons. Graham is going to have a big extension after next season as well I believe if he isn't due for one this year. So they may cut bait with Bushrod, draft an OT and look to spend whatever remaining cap room they have on a CB. The Dolphins are indicating that they are willing to move on from Jake Long. I think under all circumstances the Bears *HAVE* to sign one of these guys (or Clady, if he isn't resigned for some reason) if they become available, above all else, including extending Cutler. I'd much rather draft a TE in the first or second round in addition to a second offensive lineman than go out and sign an over rated player like Finley or a super long in the tooth player like Schefter.
    I'm not sure that targeting an LT in FA is the most important move given our current situation. I agree that Long and Clady offer obvious upgrades over Webb, but I'm not really sold on Bushrod as someone who we can plug in and have a significant improvement in play over Webb. Webb has made huge strides this year to the point where he is an average LT in the league; I think it would be best to simply keep him in place there and shore up at G or RT, given that our performance at those positions is near the bottom of the league. It also helps that making an improvement at G or RT is much cheaper in FA than at LT. However, I do agree that we should look at drafting a TE rather than signing one in FA.

vCash
    I'll just be hoping one of Lewan/Matthews falls to 20. I'd say it's possible though not likely.

Draft one of those 2 and sign Clady (if DEN is dumb enough to not find a way to keep him) or more likely Levitre and all of a sudden this becomes a very respectable looking line.

With Levitre:

LT Matthews/Lewan
    LG Louis
    C Garza
    RG Levitre
    RT Carimi

With Clady:

LT Clady
    LG Louis
    C Garza
    RG Carimi
    RT Matthews/Lewan

Jill Garvey <3

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bears99 View Post
    I'm not sure that targeting an LT in FA is the most important move given our current situation. I agree that Long and Clady offer obvious upgrades over Webb, but I'm not really sold on Bushrod as someone who we can plug in and have a significant improvement in play over Webb. Webb has made huge strides this year to the point where he is an average LT in the league; I think it would be best to simply keep him in place there and shore up at G or RT, given that our performance at those positions is near the bottom of the league. It also helps that making an improvement at G or RT is much cheaper in FA than at LT. However, I do agree that we should look at drafting a TE rather than signing one in FA.
    Entering Week 17, Webb has graded out as the 49th best Tackle in the NFL & 26th best Left Tackle. That's according to PFF.

He is still well below average and has been given more than enough time to prove himself at LT. It'd be a huge mistake to not upgrade at LT, LG & C.
    Last edited by DamnGoat; 12-31-2012 at 12:52 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bears99 View Post
    No.
    How I Feel reading Cliff Stein's Contracts:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DamnGoat View Post
    Entering Week 17, Webb has graded out as the 49th best Tackle in the NFL & 26th best Left Tackle. That's according to PFF.

He is still well below average and has been given more than enough time to prove himself at LT. It'd be a huge mistake to not upgrade at LT, LG & C.
    PFF: Proving Falsehoods False
    How I Feel reading Cliff Stein's Contracts:

Page 43 of 44 FirstFirst ... 3341424344 LastLast