Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 41 of 44 FirstFirst ... 313940414243 ... LastLast
    In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    vCash
    Quick Question, anyone else have a fealing of Melton being let go, and then Bringing peppers (who has lost a step) inside to DT??

‎"If your going to be thinking anyway, you might as well think big"

-Rem Koolhaas

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyben36 View Post
    Quick Question, anyone else have a fealing of Melton being let go, and then Bringing peppers (who has lost a step) inside to DT??
    It's plausible.

vCash
    I don't think pep would agree

vCash
    Earl has been hurt alot of the year, cant blame tice for injuries, however, I agree to a certain point on tice. thats also why he hasnt been seen much.

as far as tice goes however, his problem is not to me with forte, but with the fact that he was suposed to fix this O line. and it clearly hasnt happened. the line was his specialy and he hasnt found a way to make Carimi or Williams (rightly so not his pick, but I thought he played well as a guard ??) Webb has been a a leaky ship that he just wont let sink. and the problem with that is it hurts us both in the passing game and running game.
    You should have a problem with him regarding Forte.

Forte went from an elite receiving threat at his position to almost a nonfactor outside of maybe 2-3 games this season. A huge part of his game has been diminished because Tice has no idea how to utilize him properly. For a team that's had so many injuries at WR and struggled all season passing the ball, it's shocking to me that Forte hasn't gotten more looks as a receiver...whether it be in the screen game, dump offs or splitting him out with other WR's.

Sure, the O-line's been bad and there's really no excuse for that after 3 years of Tice pretty much handpicking these turds, but for the offense to be this bad with playmakers like Cutler, Forte, Marshall, Jeffery, Bennett, Bush, etc...it's unacceptable and more than enough reason to look elsewhere for a new OC, or at the very least promote Bates and see if he can at least be a little more creative with the playcalling (this is all under the assumption that Lovie isn't fired, because there's really no way in hell we're getting an OC worth a crap with him still here).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DamnGoat View Post
    You should have a problem with him regarding Forte.

Forte went from an elite receiving threat at his position to almost a nonfactor outside of maybe 2-3 games this season. A huge part of his game has been diminished because Tice has no idea how to utilize him properly. For a team that's had so many injuries at WR and struggled all season passing the ball, it's shocking to me that Forte hasn't gotten more looks as a receiver...whether it be in the screen game, dump offs or splitting him out with other WR's.

Sure, the O-line's been bad and there's really no excuse for that after 3 years of Tice pretty much handpicking these turds, but for the offense to be this bad with playmakers like Cutler, Forte, Marshall, Jeffery, Bennett, Bush, etc...it's unacceptable and more than enough reason to look elsewhere for a new OC, or at the very least promote Bates and see if he can at least be a little more creative with the playcalling (this is all under the assumption that Lovie isn't fired, because there's really no way in hell we're getting an OC worth a crap with him still here).
    I agree with everything in this post.

vCash
    Pep may have lost a step ,but he's still one of the best in the game. He is the reason people like Melton succeed on this league. There is no way i move Pep inside after his best statistical year as a Bear. He's came off the injury he played thru and erupted. Whether or not Melton stays Pep makes his replacement a whole lot better staying on the outside.

vCash
    I'd let Spencer, Garza, E. Williams, and Scott all go. Same goes for Spaeth, Steltz, Bowman, Okoye, Kellen Davis, Geno Hayes, and Devin Hester.

If Melton wants too much, I'd look to move him in a trade, or franchise him if a deal can't be reached. With the uncertainty of the coaching staff, I'm not so sure he's going to be worth a Tommie Harris-like deal.

With Urlacher, it'd all be dependent on Lovie staying or going. If Lovie's gone, Brian's probably gone. No reason to overpay him, so I'd move on.

Tillman might be the next guy I'd try to trade at high value, if that'd exist, given the only situation in doing this is a new head coach and defensive coordinator. Again, Tillman is a terrific player but he's also a zone corner, and isn't getting any younger. Trading him for a draft pick in the final year of his deal sounds good to me.

Tim Jennings I'd also look to unload in a deal if he's going to demand a big contract. I believe he signed a two year deal, making next year the last year of it. No way I'd ever consider placing a franchise tender on Jennings, and with a new coach/scheme, he may get us a decent (4th or 5th) round draft pick. Maybe.

I'd make my offseason priority one of Jake Long, Ryan Clady, or Brandon Albert. Of the three, Long is the most likely to hit free agency, and frankly the least attractive candidate of the three b/c of his history of injuries and the amount of money he'll ask for. My hope is Clady, but I'm not quite sure he'll want to leave Denver given the success they'd have with Peyton.

Andy Levitre would also be an intriguing option that I'd dig into, where we could put the Bills in a bad position by offering him a lot of money up front; not entirely certain of their cap space but I'd imagine he might want out of Buffalo, and they have a decent amount of their cap used. Could be wrong, but I still like looking into him.

Next would have to be a TE; realistically, Jared Cook Jr. seems to be the unanimous choice for most, including myself. But Tennessee will throw him a lot of money, or franchise him. Of the likely choices we'll have Jermichael, Tony Gonzales (unless he retires/resigns in ATL), and Martellus Bennett. I was a big fan of getting Finely, but Bennett seems to be a better fit because he's a better blocker and Finley is a nut job. With only one football and Brandon Marshall being a vacuum, Finley would probably ***** and moan.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SDBearsFan View Post
    I'd let Spencer, Garza, E. Williams, and Scott all go. Same goes for Spaeth, Steltz, Bowman, Okoye, Kellen Davis, Geno Hayes, and Devin Hester.

If Melton wants too much, I'd look to move him in a trade, or franchise him if a deal can't be reached. With the uncertainty of the coaching staff, I'm not so sure he's going to be worth a Tommie Harris-like deal.

With Urlacher, it'd all be dependent on Lovie staying or going. If Lovie's gone, Brian's probably gone. No reason to overpay him, so I'd move on.

Tillman might be the next guy I'd try to trade at high value, if that'd exist, given the only situation in doing this is a new head coach and defensive coordinator. Again, Tillman is a terrific player but he's also a zone corner, and isn't getting any younger. Trading him for a draft pick in the final year of his deal sounds good to me.

Tim Jennings I'd also look to unload in a deal if he's going to demand a big contract. I believe he signed a two year deal, making next year the last year of it. No way I'd ever consider placing a franchise tender on Jennings, and with a new coach/scheme, he may get us a decent (4th or 5th) round draft pick. Maybe.

I'd make my offseason priority one of Jake Long, Ryan Clady, or Brandon Albert. Of the three, Long is the most likely to hit free agency, and frankly the least attractive candidate of the three b/c of his history of injuries and the amount of money he'll ask for. My hope is Clady, but I'm not quite sure he'll want to leave Denver given the success they'd have with Peyton.

Andy Levitre would also be an intriguing option that I'd dig into, where we could put the Bills in a bad position by offering him a lot of money up front; not entirely certain of their cap space but I'd imagine he might want out of Buffalo, and they have a decent amount of their cap used. Could be wrong, but I still like looking into him.

Next would have to be a TE; realistically, Jared Cook Jr. seems to be the unanimous choice for most, including myself. But Tennessee will throw him a lot of money, or franchise him. Of the likely choices we'll have Jermichael, Tony Gonzales (unless he retires/resigns in ATL), and Martellus Bennett. I was a big fan of getting Finely, but Bennett seems to be a better fit because he's a better blocker and Finley is a nut job. With only one football and Brandon Marshall being a vacuum, Finley would probably ***** and moan.
    Finley isn't an option. Especially with you gutting most of the vets and captains of the team. You want to bring in someone that **** on the franchise player and insulted the team while being chased out of town by our rivals....never gonna happen. I think we could make those moves without all those cuts. There will be some restructured contracts ,and we already have some cap space. Regardless Finley will never be a Bear

vCash
    Charles Tillman is not a "zone corner". No offense SD, but that's one of the more ridiculous things I've seen on here in a while.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by debo View Post
    Charles Tillman is not a "zone corner". No offense SD, but that's one of the more ridiculous things I've seen on here in a while.

Maybe I used the wrong adjective here, but the point is, he's getting older and has been used mostly as a physical, zone corner. Of course he shadows Calvin and the stud WR's, but of the most part, his game is jamming receivers at the line or knocking them to the ground, and covering an area.

I'm not quite sure how successful he would be in a different scheme, the point here being that we could trade him as I'm sure he'll want a decent amount of change on his next and final contract.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by debo View Post

P.S. Lick my balls, Debo.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

vCash
    I have a feeling Melton is gonna get a really big offer in FA and if we want him we will have to go 5/35-40, rather than the 5/25-30 we are hoping for. I might be down with a tag and trade if it gets a nice return, so I hope we explore that first.

I think a trade down is highly possible. Is this draft much different from last years, in its vanilla-ness? In that 20-50 range in pretty much all drafts, there is not such huge gaps in talent. Yet last year there was a few trades in that area. I would definitely like to see that.

I actually think a good between-the-tackles runner will help us more than a homerun threat. Forte, while not the fleetest of foot, is a good doubles hitter and very good on the outside so a scat back would just neutralize more of Forte's contribution to the run game. I like Bush, but as a short-yardage guy - he's good there - but I don't really think he's a guy I trust if Forte goes down and he's the #1 guy. Forte sucks inside.

... I also think it would be a great time to draft a QB.

vCash
    ummm, oops. wrong thread.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WOwolfOL View Post
    I have a feeling Melton is gonna get a really big offer in FA and if we want him we will have to go 5/35-40, rather than the 5/25-30 we are hoping for. I might be down with a tag and trade if it gets a nice return, so I hope we explore that first.

I think a trade down is highly possible. Is this draft much different from last years, in its vanilla-ness? In that 20-50 range in pretty much all drafts, there is not such huge gaps in talent. Yet last year there was a few trades in that area. I would definitely like to see that.

I actually think a good between-the-tackles runner will help us more than a homerun threat. Forte, while not the fleetest of foot, is a good doubles hitter and very good on the outside so a scat back would just neutralize more of Forte's contribution to the run game. I like Bush, but as a short-yardage guy - he's good there - but I don't really think he's a guy I trust if Forte goes down and he's the #1 guy. Forte sucks inside.

... I also think it would be a great time to draft a QB.
    this is becasue of all of the recent success of rokie QBs, I dont beleive football has changed that much that college QBs can consistantly do that. I mean, we did that a few years ago didnt we, and he isnt even on our team.

-Rem Koolhaas

vCash
    who gets more money in FA, Correy Wooton or Michael Johnson ???

-Rem Koolhaas

Page 41 of 44 FirstFirst ... 313940414243 ... LastLast