Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 13 of 44 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
    vCash
    3/5/2010: Signed a six-year, $84 million contract. The deal contains $42 million guaranteed, including a $6.5 million signing bonus, a first-year roster bonus of $12.5 million, and a second-year "signing" bonus of $10.5 million. Another $7.5 million is available through incentives based on sacks, Pro Bowl berths, and Defensive Player of the Year awards. Peppers can earn annual $100,000 workout bonuses in years one through five. 2012: $8.9 million, 2013: $12.9 million, 2014: $13.9 million, 2015: $16.5 million, 2016: Free Agent
    http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/2361/julius-peppers

vCash
    Cutting Peppers is unlikely... after this season he still has another 10 million guaranteed coming his way...

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/chicago-b...ulius-peppers/

And Lance Louis probably will be out til mid season if not longer. Bears may not even gamble on him honestly...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BcEuAbRsS View Post
    Cutting Peppers is unlikely... after this season he still has another 10 million guaranteed coming his way...

And Lance Louis probably will be out til mid season if not longer. Bears may not even gamble on him honestly...
    Mike said it best I think he said something like no one will take him and we'll resign him mid sesason

In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    vCash

so its probably likely we cut or restructure him after next season. since he isnt guarenteed. he surely isnt worth what he is making now.

actualy, acording to my math, he has after this year made 51.3 mil of his 84 mil. meaning his guarenteed money is over. which should mean we could cut or restructure him risk free.
    Last edited by Kyben36; 12-13-2012 at 05:04 PM.

‎"If your going to be thinking anyway, you might as well think big"

-Rem Koolhaas

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyben36 View Post
    so its probably likely we cut or restructure him after next season. since he isnt guarenteed. he surely isnt worth what he is making now.

actualy, acording to my math, he has after this year made 51.3 mil of his 84 mil. meaning his guarenteed money is over. which should mean we could cut or restructure him risk free.
    After next season you mean? Because yes, after next season his guaranteed is paid.

Edit... You're wording threw me off a tad, but you're correct.
    Last edited by BcEuAbRsS; 12-13-2012 at 05:13 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cub_StuckinSTL View Post
    Mike said it best I think he said something like no one will take him and we'll resign him mid sesason
    That's possible, but that's still a majority of the season that we would need a guard.

vCash
    That's possible, but that's still a majority of the season that we would need a guard.
    all depends on how brown and carimi are used next year. If we sign/draft a RT or LT

vCash
    Brown should just be the LG for the rest of the season to see how he plays. I haven't been able to watch the last couple games but it sounds like Carimi is doing ok at RG. If Louis sticks around he is probably going to be a PUP candidate because he is no freak like AP so I wouldn't count on him be the LG next season

vCash
    Peppers has already restructured his contract at least once, I doubt he does it again.

vCash
    all depends on how brown and carimi are used next year. If we sign/draft a RT or LT
    Yea there is really no way to know what route they go, but consensus is that the line HAS to be fixed.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bleacher Bums View Post
    Brown should just be the LG for the rest of the season to see how he plays. I haven't been able to watch the last couple games but it sounds like Carimi is doing ok at RG. If Louis sticks around he is probably going to be a PUP candidate because he is no freak like AP so I wouldn't count on him be the LG next season
    Louis isn't signed for next year so I doubt they sign him just to put him on the pup list
    Quote Originally Posted by gocubs2118 View Post
    Peppers has already restructured his contract at least once, I doubt he does it again.
    yup

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gocubs2118 View Post
    I forgot about that.

vCash
    Louis isn't signed for next year so I doubt they sign him just to put him on the pup list
    You are right he won't be brought back. Thought for some reason he had 1 year left on his deal.

vCash
    Instead of cutting peppers I would try to trade him think he can gt us another 1rd pick or maybe a high 2nd and 3rd. If we were able to get a 1st then I would want the Bears to draft Barrett Jones and Jonathan Jenkins. Also sign Albert or Long and another FA guard.
    Lineup would look like Albert/FA/Graza/Jones/Carimi
    Last edited by JUNBUGG18-CHI; 12-13-2012 at 08:12 PM.

In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JUNBUGG18-CHI View Post
    Instead of cutting peppers I would try to trade him think he can gt us another 1rd pick or maybe a high 2nd and 3rd. If we were able to get a 1st then I would want the Bears to draft Brett Jones and Jonathan Jenkins. Also sign Albert or Long and another FA guard.
    Lineup would look like Albert/FA/Graza/Jones/Carimi
    this isnt madden bro, nobody is going to trade a 1st for a 32 year old DE

‎"If your going to be thinking anyway, you might as well think big"

-Rem Koolhaas

Page 13 of 44 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast