Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 44 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    vCash
    The Miami Herald believes the Dolphins would like to keep impending free agent LT Jake Long "if the price is right."
    It's not exactly a guarantee the No. 1 pick of the 2008 draft will re-sign with Miami, but both the Herald and Palm Beach Post are on the record as expecting the Dolphins to at least make a run at keeping their blindside protector. There had been a budding consensus Long was on his way out of town. There's still a strong chance that ends up the case, but Long shouldn't be ruled out of the Dolphins' plans just yet.
    -rotoworld

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BCB mwat15 View Post
    ^I can respect that. I guess it comes down to, do you think Bushrod is worth ~8M of our available cap? Personally, I don't; but all of the regulars around here probably know that I 100% behind drafting a LT early.
    I wish there was a 5-6 mil FA that was decent. But the market and climate has changed. Bushrod might get 10 mil. We just have a short window of jay/bmarsh/forte we don't need to screw with. I hate to over reach on a contract for a player but if jay is going to do his thing we have too. If for some reason lock solid LT falls in the draft who can start day one, then I'm all for that at 1.75 mil per

our future

vCash
    Tice has to be fired before we hand him another incredible college OL.

Seriously, **** that guy. I just feel like he's really held us back all told.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WOwolfOL View Post
    Tice has to be fired before we hand him another incredible college OL.

Seriously, **** that guy. I just feel like he's really held us back all told.
    It's tough now. If we do he's part of the blow up and just move jbates to OC and hire a O line coach from a college. We cannot afford to change our offensive playbook all over again, so maybe jbates is the easiest transition

our future

vCash
    I like Lovie but h is time here is up. Its time for a whole new system that help out our star players on offence. I'm thinking now is the perfect time to rebuilt the defense maybe also make the switch to a 3-4.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DESERTDWELLER View Post
    I think that I read somwhere that JC likes Carimi at RG, so maybe looking at a RT wouldn't be a bad idea.
    That is absolutely pathetic that Carimi would be a RG. Wasting a 1st rd pick on a OG. He was an Outland Award Winner at OT. This team needs OTs. Tice needs to go and his system.

vCash
    Any talk of Long or Clady is a pipe dream. I don't see any logical reason worse case either team wouldn't franchise them and trade them just to get something back. IMO Long would get you 2 ones in a trade. Also who was the last big name LT that hit FA. Teams don't let good LT go plain and simple. Last guy I can remember is Oralando Pace and we know how that went.

This would be my mock offseason

Resign: Melton, Uralcher, Roach, Hayden, Moore, Idonije, Knox, Louis

This defense has been great this year. Why mess with team chemistry? Hayden, Moore, Knox and Idonje should come pretty cheap. Urlacher should be pretty cheap due to injury and age. Melton will cost a lot.

Cut:Bennett, Weems, Kellen Davis, Spaeith

I don't think any of those guys has produced to a point were they justife there salaries. These guys have Marshall getting double and triple teams and yet none have tope 250. People blame the line so much, but Marshall excluded our receiving core 2-5 is terrible. Jeffrey has potential but I don't feel next year is the year he lives up to it.

Trade 4th to Panthers for Steve Smith
    Panthers play in a tough division, and a 4th would be good value for them given Smith will be 34 next season. He makes around 3 million or so but makes a lot the next year so hes going to be cut or the contract will be reworked.

Smith would give the bears a quick option in the slot. At 34 Smith could give you a great year as the number 2. Going beyong you get concerned with the age but I believe the Bears are in win now mode.

Dwight Freeney DE-I may be undervalueing Freeneys value on FA. But hes an older player coming off terrible year. He will want to play for a championship caliber team and probable a T2 defense. That leaves him with the Giants or Bears.

Heath Miller TE-This is a really good class of FA. Millers a great run blocker and a decent pass blocker. Hes not my top rated FA by far, but for the price he does make sense.

Brandon Moore G-Hes a really solid G for the Jets and make the pro bowl in 2011. Hes an older guy but again this team is in win now. Age generally makes players cheaper.

Sam Baker T-Complete gamble, bes been hurt coming into the league. But he was a first round pick and I actually liked him better then Chris Williams coming out. He could come cheap, and if hes healhty would probable beat out Webb.

Aaron Curry LB/Rolando Mcclain LB-I want Urlacher back. Mcclain is still 23 with Curry's 26. The Bears have a good locker room and Lovies strength is managing players.

Danny Woodhead RB-Really underated player IMO. He can replace Weems on returns and also play a Darren Sproles type role. With Forte and Bush, he would compliment there styles being a shifty homerun threat.

Glen Dorsey DT-Loved him coming out and think he would be a great fit for a T2.

Draft

1st Barret Jones OG/OC/OT-I like this pick for the Bears like a lot of people. He legit can probable play 4 positions well in the NFl.

2nd Mike Glennon, QB, N.C. State
    I love Cutler but we need a backup. Cutlers also been banged up the last couple of sesaons. I like the idea of drafting a QB behind Cutler to play backup for a while.

5th Josh Boyce, WR, TCU
    Deep play WR

6th Tanner Hawkinson, OT, Kansas
    Good developmenatl guy

7th Elvis Fisher, OT, Missouri
    same.

QB-Cutler, Glennon
    RB-Forte, Bush, Woodhead
    HB-Rodriguez
    TE-Miller, Adams
    WR-Marshall, Smith, Jeffrey, Hester, Boyce, Knox
    T-Webb, ,Carimi, Baker,Jones, Scott
    G-Moore, Louis, Williams
    C-Garza

DE-Peppers, Freeney, McCellin, Wooten
    DT-Melton, Paea, collins, Dorsey
    LB-Urlacher, Briigs, Roach, Thomas, Curry, McClain
    CB-Tilliman, Jennings, Hayden, Moore,
    S-Wright, Conte, Steltz

vCash
    Yeah the Bears don't have a 7th round pick. Traded it for Brian Price.

vCash

2012/2013 FA and Trade Ideas

I've never had much wrong with stuff you post not sure if you are drinking tonight or what.. But huh?

Lets start with the first paragraph long is not in a contract after this year and is on IR so really he isn't at all. He was franchised last year so they would have to pay him 120% which would be about 16 mil. Not happening

Dj moore has been on our inactive until the Jennings injury. He's gone.

Lance Louis won't be able to to play til mid 2013 or even 2014

Knox- will never play in the nfl again, he can't run today. You think he can play nfl football in spring?

Earl Bennett - has the best hands in the nfl over his last 3 years. Get him an o line and we just resigned him to an extension. Lol

Curry is done. 8 teams looked at him and passed, McClain is a mess and not set for our system at all.

Steve smith is coming off his worst season ever and he would play alshon's spot. No give me alshon

Woodhead- not a fit for us at all, maybe Edelman

We have better DTs now than Dorsey

We have no 7th rounder

You don't back up cutler with a late round rookie QB, when he goes down every season
    Last edited by mikebrez bears/; 12-12-2012 at 01:27 AM.

our future

vCash
    N.Carolina Steve Smith on Da Bears along w/ Marshall would be killer. Still it comes back to the OL if they can't protect Cutler then its no point.
    Hell no to Baker I'll rather go with Bushrod. I also like the idea of McClain as the future MLB if we stay in a 4-3 or if we switch to a 3-4 bring him in also. A LB core of BRIGGS/MCCLAIN/URLACHER/SHEA would be great.

vCash
    Depending on what happens with Lovie if indeeded he gets fired and we bring in a guy who prefers to run a 3-4 coach. Would we trade peppers keep him as a end or make him a LB

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JUNBUGG18-CHI View Post
    Depending on what happens with Lovie if indeeded he gets fired and we bring in a guy who prefers to run a 3-4 coach. Would we trade peppers keep him as a end or make him a LB
    A 3-4 isn't going to happen anyway, so it shouldn't be worried about.

our future

vCash

2012/2013 FA and Trade Ideas

Thinking we may go to a 3-4 because of drafting Shea McClellin is like saying the packers are going to a 4-3 because they drafted nick perry

our future

vCash
    You never know. It all depends on what happens in the next few weeks. If Lovie gets canned and the new coach runs a 3-4 I think we got a lot of the pieces in place just need a NT and we would be good to go.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mikebrez bears/ View Post
    I've never had much wrong with stuff you post not sure if you are drinking tonight or what.. But huh?

Lets start with the first paragraph long is not in a contract after this year and is on IR so really he isn't at all. He was franchised last year so they would have to pay him 120% which would be about 16 mil. Not happening

Dj moore has been on our inactive until the Jennings injury. He's gone.

Lance Louis won't be able to to play til mid 2013 or even 2014

Knox- will never play in the nfl again, he can't run today. You think he can play nfl football in spring?

Earl Bennett - has the best hands in the nfl over his last 3 years. Get him an o line and we just resigned him to an extension. Lol

Curry is done. 8 teams looked at him and passed, McClain is a mess and not set for our system at all.

Steve smith is coming off his worst season ever and he would play alshon's spot. No give me alshon

Woodhead- not a fit for us at all, maybe Edelman

We have better DTs now than Dorsey

We have no 7th rounder

You don't back up cutler with a late round rookie QB, when he goes down every season
    I disagree about Long. He on IR but its not career threatening injury. Hes an elite LT, 16 million year isn't really a bad price, I think someone could sign him long term for around 16. LT make big money and hes one of the best.

Not sure about Louis and Knox status but I could give them a shot. If your signing low end deals which I exspect them to why not bring them in.

Earl Bennett is horrible, he can't get open so his great hands don't factor in an actual game of football most sundays. For all his great hands he catchins only 53% of his targets which is horrible for slot guy.

Smith has 60 catches for 999 yards with three games left...?????? He also plays slot, Jeffrey plays flanker. So you would have Marshall as X, Jeffreys at z and Smith the y.

Woodhead would give another weapon in a quick passing game along with Forte.

McClain is 23 and has the speed to play MLB in this system. I see him the same value wise as a 2nd or 3rd round pick in the draft.

Rookie QBs are playing a lot better then any other point in time. This years class of Luck, RG3, Willson have been really good. Even weeden and Noles have have there moments.

If you look at the blue print for a good offense I think you kind of look at the packers. There O line is not good and has given up more sacks then us. But they are able to be a top offense because they have Jennings, Nelson, Cobb, Finley, and Jones to make plays. The Giants ranked as one of the worst O lines last year by PFF. You don't need a great o line to have a great offense, you need multiple weapons who can make plays.

Page 4 of 44 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast