Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 44 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Has nothing to do with outstanding Guards? The Saints line is tons better than the Bears but it's not because of Bushrod's pass pro.
    Mike...
    ... when talking Notre Dame football

vCash
    Bushrod is better, but not better enough to justify the salary difference.
    Mike...

vCash
    Dont get me wrong Ill take bushrod over webb any day of the week but if theres a chance to get long/albert/clady Im all over them 1st bushrod would be my last choice

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mikebrez bears/ View Post
    That is a garbage statement.

NO is ranked 1 in runs off the left end, that means bushrod in space. NO also is ranked top 10 in protection, bears 31st.

You will never tell me these two people live on the same planet.

For the clady lovers.. He rejected a 5 year 50mil contract like it was dirt. He wants more than joe Thomas, which I don't like that attitude so clady is 12 mil per min
    I hate citing PFF grades as gospel, but they have Bushrod graded out as roughly equivelant to Webb in terms of pass pro. I don't think Emery should be dishing out FA money for a marginal upgrade in pass pro.

That and NO fans don't seem worried about replacing him.

vCash
    Mike...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BcEuAbRsS View Post
    Has nothing to do with outstanding Guards? The Saints line is tons better than the Bears but it's not because of Bushrod's pass pro.
    Bushrod has a lot better pass pro than Webb.

His run blocking is way way better.

Carimi lined up next to a good guard in Louis did that make him good? Nope terrible.

our future

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JUNBUGG18-CHI View Post
    Dont get me wrong Ill take bushrod over webb any day of the week but if theres a chance to get long/albert/clady Im all over them 1st bushrod would be my last choice
    I'm With this. But the most realistic is long. Albert and clady can be locked up with the tag easy.

I will not except another year or the Webb

our future

vCash
    Nobody is suggesting Webb be the starter, we just don't want a marginal upgrade.
    Mike...

vCash
    Ill take Long in a heart beat.
    Long @ LT would make Cutler 1 happy man.

vCash
    Per Bleacher: not the greatest source, but whatever. Rate him the No 27 FA

New Orleans Saints T Jermon Bushrod is fresh off a Pro Bowl appearance in 2011. Good thing he was able to play in the game before Roger Goodell makes the game extinct.

The Saints lost Carl Nicks to free agency last year, and it would be a tough blow if they were to lose Bushrod the following season. Bushrod has seemed receptive to staying in New Orleans after the 2012 season.

But that was before the Saints opened up with a 2-5 record, leaving them with long odds at reaching the postseason.

Bushrod is like a wall at left tackle, standing 6'5" and weighing 315 pounds. Drew Brees will probably lobby to keep Bushrod, but the Saints have to find enough cap space room to upgrade the worst defense in the NFL.
    http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...-board/page/25

In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    vCash
    Sign

Jake Long LT- get this kid, he has been in the doghous there for a while and he will not be franchised at it would cost them over 15mil

Resign-

Urlacher MLB- we dont have the imediate help to replace him right now. bring him back if he is up to it

Melton- one of the best young DTs in the NFL

Roach- bring him back, he hasnt been bad

Draft

1st Barret Jones OG/OC/OT- a guy who could help in any spot on the OL and has great experience. need that O line tallent and leadership

2nd MLB Kevin Minster, Shayne Skov or OLB Gerald Hodges- with Urlacher aging, we need more LB help. all 3 would help us.

4th- Brandon Jenkins or William Gholston DE- both would make good DE prospects,

5th- Michael Williams, TE, Alabama- A good blocker who has some pass catching ability, could be a steal if he can catch the ball. perhaps underutilized

6th- Jake Stoneburner, TE, Ohio Stat- a good pass catcher who has been hurt by QB problems.

7th- Andre Debose*, WR, Florida- a speedster and kick returner, looks like hester will likley be cut this offseason, he is making way more than he is worth to this team. he isnt a good Receiver and has lost it as a returner.

‎"If your going to be thinking anyway, you might as well think big"

-Rem Koolhaas

vCash
    Can you guess how many teams want Long?

CHI
    STL
    ARI
    OAK
    SD
    PHIL
    CAR?

... off the top of my head. It COULD happen, but its gonna break the bank...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ho_va2006 View Post
    Can you guess how many teams want Long?

CHI
    STL
    ARI
    OAK
    SD
    PHIL
    CAR?

... off the top of my head. It COULD happen, but its gonna break the bank...
    Of those teams, the Bears are the closest to a championship.
    Mike...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BCB mwat15 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mikebrez bears/ View Post
    That is a garbage statement.

NO is ranked 1 in runs off the left end, that means bushrod in space. NO also is ranked top 10 in protection, bears 31st.

You will never tell me these two people live on the same planet.

For the clady lovers.. He rejected a 5 year 50mil contract like it was dirt. He wants more than joe Thomas, which I don't like that attitude so clady is 12 mil per min
    I hate citing PFF grades as gospel, but they have Bushrod graded out as roughly equivelant to Webb in terms of pass pro. I don't think Emery should be dishing out FA money for a marginal upgrade in pass pro.

That and NO fans don't seem worried about replacing him.
    I appreciate just about anything you ever say, and like PFF stats. But when grading in lineman there are so many factors ommited.

2011 bushrod had 3 sacks on him. Jwebb does that in a game.

I watched SF and bears and the next week SF vs the saints.

NO comparison... Webb was destroyed and bushrod held up. Aldon got his sack on strief.

Bushrod went to last years pro bowl, Webb and the word pro bowl is a joke.

Webb has the "o line guru", and is this.

Bushrod lost have his coaching staff this season.

Bushrod marginal upgrade over Webb is one of the more silly things I've heard in the last couple weeks. That is no offense, but that is just not true at all

our future

vCash
    ^I can respect that. I guess it comes down to, do you think Bushrod is worth ~8M of our available cap? Personally, I don't; but all of the regulars around here probably know that I 100% behind drafting a LT early.

Page 3 of 44 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast