Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





View Poll Results: Who wins?

Voters
108. You may not vote on this poll
  • San Francisco 49ers

    43 39.81%
  • New England Patriots

    65 60.19%
Page 8 of 117 FirstFirst ... 6789101858108 ... LastLast
Results 106 to 120 of 1747
  1. #106
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Left
    Posts
    13,470
    vCash
    1500
    I respect 49er fans because they did not become super arrogant and cocky when their team became relevant again. Can't say the same for some fans of some other teams..

  2. #107
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    The Bay Area!!!
    Posts
    10,102
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Tragedy View Post
    o
    Boy, I'm not 100% confident the Patriots will win this game because I understand how tough it is to score off of San Fran. But you're talking like the Patriots are nothing special. The 2012 Patriots are one of the greatest single season offenses in history.

    But underrate us, that's what the Patriots thrive on.
    Nah man, I didn't underrate you guys at all. I said that I know Brady and your team are amazing and "that good". I just have faith in my team making this game competitive. I'm not saying that we'll come in here and dominate by any means I'm just saying that I doubt it's going to be a blowout. If it's a blowout than you can pretty much just skip the playoffs and hand the trophy to the Patriots.

    Quote Originally Posted by sully1922 View Post
    Pats 35
    49ers 17

    Another game like the whooping of the Texans. Brady will have his way 312 yards and 3 tds and Ridley will get 85 and a TD. Our D will stop your pathetic O. The texans have a better O than the 49ers and we stopped them just fine. Gonna be a crappy night out as well and that plays in favor of the Pats!!!!
    lol the thing that people don't realize is that we can score more points than what we have if we wanted to. Our style of play when most of the time is really conservative because we have such a great running game and defense. When we've needed to score 30+ on teams with elite offenses we've been able to do that. Our Pathetic O is capable of doing that against your pathetic pass D.
    Last edited by theproof; 12-12-2012 at 12:37 AM.

  3. #108
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    3,437
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by theproof View Post
    Lol at people overrating the Patriots based off of last nights game and what they've done in December over the last few years. None of that matters to me and I'm looking at the facts.
    Please show me these facts that you're looking at? Last I checked the last few years of stats were facts *shrug*
    Quote Originally Posted by theproof View Post
    The Patriots aren't going to be playing the Texans in this game their going to be playing the 49ers with a much better overall defense.
    No way? You mean the niners v pats game isn't the Pats v Texans game? WOW *mind is blown*
    Of course it isn't going to be the SAME game because that is impossible. The laws of Physics don't lie!
    Quote Originally Posted by theproof View Post
    We'll be able to analyze the game they had against the Texans and find ways to slow Brady down. They aren't going to be able to run on us like that either making Brady one dimensional.
    No way? You mean teams get to analyze their opponent games? Wow! This is news to me I never knew coaches get to break down tape. You make this sound niners exclusive. Is there anyway you can get the rest of the league onto this NEW groundbreaking strategy?
    Additionally, you can't slow Brady down, have you seen him move? Any slower and he'll be moving backwards!
    Again, Physics will tell you that Brady and all humans are 3D.
    Quote Originally Posted by theproof View Post
    This game is going to come down to whether or not we can get pressure on Brady and make him uncomfortable. We do that and I see us taking this game. Brady's quick to release the ball but I'm not really that worried about it. Our team is great at getting in QB's faces enough so that even without getting sacks we tend to cause bad throws.The Patriots aren't getting forty points against us because we'll chew up the clock like we've done all season. The Patriots has looked decent as of late but let's not act like we're playing the steelers here. The 49ers have an offense that is capable of scoring big on teams with weak pass D.
    The Red distracted me from replying. Who are you alluding to in the "let's not act like we're playing the steelers?"

    Quote Originally Posted by theproof View Post
    We aren't the Texans. You could tell early in the game that the Texans where defeated right after the first touchdown. You could see it right in their faces that they gave up and didn't play with much intensity after that point. The 49ers don't do that. Our team doesn't break down against anybody and won't allow the Patriots to put up 42 points like he did against Texas. No team has scored more than 26 points against us all season and I don't see the Patriots going much higher than that no matter how good their offense is. I think that if we can hold them to 24-30 points we have a great chance to win this game. Patroits run D is solid but their pass D is trash. We should be able to run the ball just enough to not have to be one dimensional on offense and that added fact that our QB is a great runner is going to cause the Patriots run D to get confused on a couple of plays here and there.
    Ok!

    Quote Originally Posted by theproof View Post
    I have no problem with people picking the Patriots because they are that good. I do have a problem with people claiming that it's going to be such another easy blowout breaking it down and explaining why. The 49ers could very well lose this game but I have no doubt in my mind that if we do lose it's going to be competitive.
    No! They're not good! You said they were "decent" which is it? Make up your mind.


    I do think this game could go either way and that it will be a very competitive game.
    Last edited by lolollort; 12-12-2012 at 12:34 AM.

    PSD's Shane Vereen.

  4. #109
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Norcal transplant on central Oregon Coast
    Posts
    10,218
    vCash
    1500
    Awesome. We apparently don't stand a chance. I love it, always play so much better when no one gives us a chance.

  5. #110
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    The Bay Area!!!
    Posts
    10,102
    vCash
    1500
    lolollort

    I screwed up and forgot to put "defense" on the part where I said that they weren't the Steelers. I fixed that error a while ago. Read it again because I was typing fast and made a lot of mistakes.

    I guess I'm just supposed to have no confidence in my team and pretend that they have 0 chance of winning this game. The Patriots are in my opinion the best team right now in football. Doesn't mean that we can't win this game coming up.

  6. #111
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Fife, WA
    Posts
    23,191
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by ChitownBears22 View Post
    If they don't will you leave PSD forever?
    If the Bears make it further I will.

  7. #112
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    8,164
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by FWBrodie View Post
    If the Bears make it further I will.
    Don't believe in your team against all NFL competition, just an injury depleated Bears team. Big man.

  8. #113
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Fife, WA
    Posts
    23,191
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Austeezy View Post
    I respect 49er fans because they did not become super arrogant and cocky when their team became relevant again. Can't say the same for some fans of some other teams..
    What forum were you on?

    Let's not forget that the 49ers missed out on a decade's worth of playoffs. The Seahawks have been to the playoffs 6 of the past 9 seasons.

  9. #114
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Fife, WA
    Posts
    23,191
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by theproof View Post
    lol the thing that people don't realize is that we can score more points than what we have if we wanted to. Our style of play when most of the time is really conservative because we have such a great running game and defense. When we've needed to score 30+ on teams with elite offenses we've been able to do that. Our Pathetic O is capable of doing that against your pathetic pass D.
    I'd vouch for this statement. The 49ers can move the football.

  10. #115
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    The Bay Area!!!
    Posts
    10,102
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by FWBrodie View Post
    What forum were you on?

    Let's not forget that the 49ers missed out on a decade's worth of playoffs. The Seahawks have been to the playoffs 6 of the past 9 seasons.
    Come on. We're not that bad.

  11. #116
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    3,437
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by theproof View Post
    lolollort

    I screwed up and forgot to put "defense" on the part where I said that they weren't the Steelers. I fixed that error a while ago. Read it again because I was typing fast and made a lot of mistakes.

    I guess I'm just supposed to have no confidence in my team and pretend that they have 0 chance of winning this game. The Patriots are in my opinion the best team right now in football. Doesn't mean that we can't win this game coming up.
    Oh okay, obviously not. The steelers haven't been the steelers this entire season.

    No! I'm not saying that you shouldn't have confidence in your team. Are you kidding me? The Niners are one of the best teams in the league. Last year I had them in the SB and I think this year you'll be playing in the SB.

    However, I see a few Niners fans saying no one is giving them a shot. That's BS! First of all this is PSD and the majority of people here have the attention span of a 2 min. commercial. Currently the poll is 10pats - 10 niners. I think that is a fair voting spread. To say one (either/or) team has no chance in this game is stupid. This game can EASILY go either way.

    Edited: 12 49ers to 16 patriots. Still close.
    Last edited by lolollort; 12-12-2012 at 12:46 AM.

    PSD's Shane Vereen.

  12. #117
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    nYc
    Posts
    76
    vCash
    1500
    im hoping this doesnt turn into a blowout lol. GO PATS!

  13. #118
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    RI
    Posts
    14,859
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by theproof View Post
    Lol at people overrating the Patriots based off of last nights game and what they've done in December over the last few years. None of that matters to me and I'm looking at the facts. The Patriots aren't going to be playing the Texans in this game their going to be playing the 49ers with a much better overall defense. We'll be able to analyze the game they had against the Texans and find ways to slow Brady down. They aren't going to be able to run on us like that either making Brady one dimensional. This game is going to come down to whether or not we can get pressure on Brady and make him uncomfortable. We do that and I see us taking this game. Brady's quick to release the ball but I'm not really that worried about it. Our team is great at getting in QB's faces enough so that even without getting sacks we tend to cause bad throws.The Patriots aren't getting forty points against us because we'll chew up the clock like we've done all season. The Patriots D has looked decent as of late but let's not act like we're playing the steelers here. The 49ers have an offense that is capable of scoring big on teams with weak pass D.

    We aren't the Texans. You could tell early in the game that the Texans where defeated right after the first touchdown. You could see it right in their faces that they gave up and didn't play with much intensity after that point. The 49ers don't do that. Our team doesn't break down against anybody and won't allow the Patriots to put up 42 points like they did against Texas who have also allowed Green Bay to do the same in September. No team has scored more than 26 points against us all season and I don't see the Patriots going much higher than that no matter how good their offense is. I think that if we can hold them to 24-30 points we have a great chance to win this game. Patroits run D is solid but their pass D is trash. We should be able to run the ball just enough to not have to be one dimensional on offense and that added fact that our QB is a great runner is going to cause the Patriots run D to get confused on a couple of plays here and there.

    I have no problem with people picking the Patriots because they are that good. I do have a problem with people claiming that it's going to be such another easy blowout without breaking it down and explaining why. The 49ers could very well lose this game but I have no doubt in my mind that if we do lose it's going to be competitive. Don't get me wrong, I know Brady is absolutely amazing, but he can be beat. It's been done before and it can definitely happen again in this game against one of the best D's in the game.
    I agree with a ton of this except for the part in bold. I think saying the Pats pass D is trash is a bit harsh considering I think they've improved quite a bit over the 2nd half of the season. I mean no one is going to mistake the Pats pass defense for the 85 Bears but they aren't trash either. There's some talent back there and they've been getting better every week. As much as you say the Texans quit, they still have a good pass offense and the Pats shut it down. With that said, I do agree the Niners have a more complete offense than the Texans and are a MUCH more well coached team (I don't think much of Kubiak at all).

    I think this will be a great game and I absolutely could see the Niners slowing the Pats offense down (especially with no Gronk, which I assume will hurt the Pats at some point).

    Also, I'm glad you brought up Brady's quick release point. A lot of Niner fans are expecting a ton of sacks but honestly, thats tough to do because of how quickly Brady releases the ball. I know many were talking about how JJ Watt had a poor game yesterday but according to PFF, he had 6 QB pressures but he had no sacks. Why?

    - The Patriots certainly didn’t want J.J. Watt to have much time to get pressure in this game; Brady’s average time to throw this week was 2.27 seconds – one of the quickest single game snap to release times of the season in the league.
    https://www.profootballfocus.com/blo...riots-week-14/

    Per PFF. Brady has a very quick release time which is why its difficult to sack him so those Niner fans expecting 2-3 sacks from Aldon Smith might want to temper their expectations. Smith could certainly get some hits on Brady, which is ultimately whats really important for the Niner D.
    Patriots Forum HOF Class of 2011

  14. #119
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Fife, WA
    Posts
    23,191
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by theproof View Post
    Come on. We're not that bad.
    Prediction: the week leading up to SNF:wk16 exposes the above statement as a gross misrepresentation.

  15. #120
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    The Bay Area!!!
    Posts
    10,102
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by lolollort View Post
    Oh okay, obviously not. The steelers haven't been the steelers this entire season.

    No! I'm not saying that you shouldn't have confidence in your team. Are you kidding me? The Niners are one of the best teams in the league. Last year I had them in the SB and I think this year you'll be playing in the SB.

    However, I see a few Niners fans saying no one is giving them a shot. That's BS! First of all this is PSD and the majority of people here have the attention span of a 2 min. commercial. Currently the poll is 10pats - 10 niners. I think that is a fair voting spread. To say one (either/or) team has no chance in this game is stupid. This game can EASILY go either way.
    Lol definitely. BTW, my post wasn't aimed at Patriots fans. Almost all of you that I've seen on this site have been realistic and respectful when discussing the game. I've actually seen more people who root for other teams coming in here saying that it's going to be a blowout which is fine because that's there opinion. However, it would be nice if people would break it down and explain why instead of just saying automatic blowout with no evidence other than what you guys did to the Texans. I can't really blame them for thinking that you guys will destroy us after last nights game, plus your record since 2002 in December is insane. A little bit of breakdown would be nice but I guess I'm expecting a little bit too much from this site.

    Quote Originally Posted by FWBrodie View Post
    Prediction: the week leading up to SNF:wk16 exposes the above statement as a gross misrepresentation.
    lol on both sides though. Trust me, if we lose this game and the division lead is on the line in Seattle it's going to be WIII on here from both fan bases.
    Last edited by theproof; 12-12-2012 at 04:32 AM.

Page 8 of 117 FirstFirst ... 6789101858108 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •