108. You may not vote on this poll
  • San Francisco 49ers

43 39.81%
  • New England Patriots

65 60.19%
Page 22 of 117 FirstFirst ... 1220212223243272 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigdaddyburch View Post
    Well I put 200 bucks today on the Pats with a 9er fan at work. No points. I never lose a bet.
    First time for everything

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RedandGold_35 View Post
    First time for everything
    Some Niner Faithful out there is about to be 200 dollars richer Sunday night.

Barry Lamar Bonds. .393/.967/1.054....on 3-0 counts.

lol, Please' top 10 p4p: Mayweather/Marquez/Pacquiao/Bradley/Cotto/Wlad/Rigondeaux/Froch/Canelo/Maidana

Boxing Fan? Come Discuss Boxing!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rapjuicer06 View Post
    Everyone knows the 49ers have a chance and you're saying it'll be a blow out. KNOWING the 49ers and how they play...either you're a *******, or you really don't watch the 49ers play
    Well, I wouldn't say it's the latter... I never miss a game and I flew to Cali this year for one. But I also watch almost every Pats game that doesn't overlap with SF...not out of fandom....but because all my family and friends are Pats fans, so it's the game thats on.

Saying it'll be a blowout has nothing to do with our teams skillset. It has to do with the other team's skillset and the surrounding conditions and circumstances.

-Bill's schemes for young QBs are too much to handle. It even took Peyton years before he was legitimately competitive at Gillette.

-Bill loves young coaches who may have been put on a pedestal quickly - so he generally plays games like this with no mercy. Alpha male complex kind of thing.

-Patriots at home in December is almost mystical in the BB/TB era. 23-0 since their last loss in 2002. It really doesn't matter who you are.

-It's raining, and Colin holds the football away from his body against a team sitting among the leagues best in turnover +/-

-Pats have been one of the best teams in the NFL against the run. The elite Arian Foster had an early bust for 15 yards...outside of that.....14 attempts for 31 yards. (2.2YPC).

-Meanwhile, Gore has averaged just 3.3 YPC in our last 4 road games. Now, it's going to be a slow track.

Now factor in the fact that Greg Roman has been pretty alarming at times...

And look, "Blowout" is a strong word to throw around. My modified score is Pats 34 Niners 17 . 17 points is worse than a close one, but not quite blowout territory, especially if one of those Pats scores comes late.

See, differentiating between rooting for my team and taking realistic stabs at things has never been a problem. I rooted for them all the way through the 2-14 season in 2004...but if you asked me who I thought was going to win week in and week out, I'd be straight forward about it. And hey, I picked us to win more than twice that year! Just because we're a contender instead of a doormat doesn't change the fact that I'm going to shoot straight! I pick us to win against plenty of good teams if our matchups are favorable. But some of these things go beyond unfavorable. If that makes me a *******, so be it!
    Last edited by GoBruins17; 12-14-2012 at 10:10 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GoBruins17 View Post
    Well, I wouldn't say it's the latter... I never miss a game and I flew to Cali this year for one. But I also watch almost every Pats game that doesn't overlap with SF...not out of fandom....but because all my family and friends are Pats fans, so it's the game thats on.

Saying it'll be a blowout has nothing to do with our teams skillset. It has to do with the other team's skillset and the surrounding conditions and circumstances.

-Bill's schemes for young QBs are too much to handle. It even took Peyton years before he was legitimately competitive at Gillette.

-Bill loves young coaches who may have been put on a pedestal quickly - so he generally plays games like this with no mercy. Alpha male complex kind of thing.

-Patriots at home in December is almost mystical in the BB/TB era. 23-0 since their last loss in 2002. It really doesn't matter who you are.

-It's raining, and Colin holds the football away from his body against a team sitting among the leagues best in turnover +/-

-Pats have been one of the best teams in the NFL against the run. The elite Arian Foster had an early bust for 15 yards...outside of that.....14 attempts for 31 yards. (2.2YPC).

-Meanwhile, Gore has averaged just 3.3 YPC in our last 4 road games. Now, it's going to be a slow track.

And look, "Blowout" is a strong word to throw around. My modified score is Pats 34 Niners 17 . 17 points is worse than a close one, but not quite blowout territory, especially if one of those Pats scores comes late.

See, differentiating between rooting for my team and taking realistic stabs at things has never been a problem. I rooted for them all the way through the 2-14 season in 2004...but if you asked me who I thought was going to win week in and week out, I'd be straight forward about it. And hey, I picked us to win more than twice that year! Just because we're a contender instead of a doormat doesn't change the fact that I'm going to shoot straight! I pick us to win against plenty of good teams if our matchups are favorable. But some of these things go beyond unfavorable. If that makes me a *******, so be it!
    Those are some really good points tbh. You're making me less nervous about this game.
    Studs
    Quote Originally Posted by captmike View Post
    Pat D allowed 3.4 PTs average in the 2nd half of the last 5 games. That was against 5 teams with winning records that were all in playoff contention. XLNT

vCash

Turnover +/- means that Brady is just good at protecting the football with his throws which isn't a surprise, but they don't get a ton of turnovers. NE is also at the bottom of the league in sacks and INTs going against a team that still is very good in not giving the ball away regardless of how Kap holds the ball. If its a rainy day and we're going to be giving the ball to Frank/James and using alot of short passes to the RBs and Crabtree, I like our chances to keep it a good game.

vCash
    I have a ton of respect for NE at home in Dec, but no team remains unbeaten in any scenario forever. I also respect BB as a coach (not as a dresser, but then our coach get dress alittle goofy as well so that's neither here nor there lol). NE put a major slow down on Houston's running attack, but Houston also had to abandon it as well because they fell behind (something we can't do or it'll be the same). That's not to say NE doesn't have a good run D, you have to respect Spikes and Big Vince and that front group, but ours is a running game/OL that wears away at a team if we execute early and can maintain it. The key to this game is early execution by our offense.

vCash
    Your physical Oline worries me
    Studs
    Quote Originally Posted by captmike View Post
    Pat D allowed 3.4 PTs average in the 2nd half of the last 5 games. That was against 5 teams with winning records that were all in playoff contention. XLNT

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Austeezy View Post
    Your physical Oline worries me
    Your QB worries me

vCash
    The 49ers have a legit shot at winning this game. The key to beating the Patriots is to get pressure on Brady early and often and force him out of the pocket, dont give him a clean pocket to throw out of or else he will shred you all night long. I believe the 49ers have the weapons to do this and can pull this game off. Just look at a couple weeks ago when Brady faced us, thats as close to shutting down Brady as your going to get
    http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/slides/photos/001/457/493/124794470_display_image.jpg?1319152413

- EarthqWAKE!!!

vCash
    Well I put 200 bucks today on the Pats with a 9er fan at work. No points. I never lose a bet.
    Ha, I bet my brother last week the Pats would win. The stakes weren't that high though, just the tab at BW3.

vCash

Yeah those are some good points. Good post.

That being said the Niners can still easily win this game. The Pats should be favored but "Any Given Sunday" applies to all the bad teams, and even more to the good ones like the Niners.

vCash
    Already did the same...I am giving 6

What was meant for me will be Mine once again... THE CHAMP OF CHAMPS IS BACK

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Federal Reserve View Post
    I haven't heart too much about the Patriots winning Super Bowls after the Patriots were told that they couldn't steal the other team's playbook.
    The patriots have been a part of 45% of the last 11 superbowls. By making the superbowl this year that would increase to 50% of the last 12... That's pretty damn good. I'd rather be watching my team in the superbowl and losing than not watching them in the superbowl at all...

lol, small kid got tripped by a tuba player

vCash
    You must not bet a lot then.

vCash
    Patriots 24 - 49ers 10

Playstation 3 handle: Ryde4Life

Page 22 of 117 FirstFirst ... 1220212223243272 ... LastLast