Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





View Poll Results: Who wins?

Voters
108. You may not vote on this poll
  • San Francisco 49ers

    43 39.81%
  • New England Patriots

    65 60.19%
Page 12 of 117 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262112 ... LastLast
Results 166 to 180 of 1747
  1. #166
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    380
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by baller101200 View Post
    Can't wait for the Pats to stomp San Francisco, then Seattle can take the division over on December 23rd. Two great SNF games coming up.
    The 49ers are going to steamroll the seagirls after we get done playing a good team it'll be like a walk in the park against Seattle.
    49ersssss

  2. #167
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    midwest
    Posts
    23,317
    vCash
    1500
    Wow that Seahawk fan is annoying...

    But anyways...people who think this game will be a blow out, is sadly mistaking. First off, the Patriots are going to score. No doubt about it. But they aren't going to score like its the easiest thing to do. I mean Brady carved up the Texans...but so did Rodgers. When the Texans play good teams, their defense looks very average to poor. If the weather is going to be rainy and snowy, then I don't see the Patriots scoring more than 24, period. I'm not sure I see them scoring 24 with good weather conditions either, (especially with out Gronk) but whatever.

    Three elements to beating the Patriots. Pressure Brady up the middle, take away the dump pass to Welker, keep Brady off the field.

    Justin Smith and Ray McDonald will be getting the pressure up the middle with some blitz's from Willis and Bowman and stunts with Aldon Smith, its what they did to Brees as well. Getting pressure with 4 guys is key, and the 49ers have the players to do it.

    49ers need to play zone to keep Welker in check. Short 3-4 yard passes to Welker aren't going to help the Patriots a whole lot, or Welker getting pounded by Willis/Bowman/Whitner/Goldson all game long. If the 49ers man up, we might be in a bit of trouble unless Rogers can force Welker to run in routes instead of out routes.

    49ers have the type of offense that'll keep Brady off the field. They will pound the ball with Gore, then finesse it with James and when/if that gets stopped, Kaep will be on the move all game as well. Spikes and Mayo are amazing linebackers, so it could be a dangerous move, but Kaep can out run them, and Kaep is a much better passer on the run than he is in the pocket. So you'll have to account for Davis and if Walker can catch a ****ing pass, him as well. Don't really have to worry about a deep threat for the 49ers, but you have to worry about 6 different players for them, and the designed runs are a ***** to stop.

    Should be a great game, and I can't wait for it
    Quote Originally Posted by heimdog8 View Post
    I didn't want to throw this information out here. I was a 3 year varsity starter at QB in high school. I played quarterback in junior college as well. I was considering playing division 1 football as well but chose to pursue my career in business instead. However, currently I am helping train with Derek Carr from Fresno State get ready for his pro day and the draft. I am also working with Cody Kessler, the USC quarterback.

  3. #168
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    960
    vCash
    1500
    I'm not sure why anyone would think this is going to be a blowout. The Niners defense is easily the best in the league so the Pats offense, as good as it is, is not going to just magically score 30+. At least, not without turnovers and breaks. And the Pats defense, although coming together, isn't spectacular, so SF should get some points as long as they don't shoot themselves in the foot. The key to me will be whether the SF "D" can hold Brady to FGs rather than TDs. I favor the Pats by 3 or 4 but only because it is in Foxboro. On a neutral field this would be a toss up.

  4. #169
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    RI
    Posts
    14,978
    vCash
    1500
    The snow is not going to stop the Patriots from scoring: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XvkuQh3WjHk

    If the Patriots have trouble scoring, it'll be because the Niners defense comes to play. The snow will have literally 0 affect and might actually help their offense seeing as how the last time it snowed in NE, the Pats offense scored 59 points.
    Last edited by PatsSoxKnicks; 12-12-2012 at 01:38 PM.
    Patriots Forum HOF Class of 2011

  5. #170
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    8,389
    vCash
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsSoxKnicks View Post
    The snow is not going to stop the Patriots from scoring: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XvkuQh3WjHk

    If the Patriots have trouble scoring, it'll be because the Niners defense comes to play. The snow will have literally 0 affect and might actually help their offense seeing as how the last time it snowed in NE, the Pats offense scored 59 points.
    Damn, they lit up an 0-5 Titans team?

  6. #171
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    RI
    Posts
    14,978
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Gibby23 View Post
    Damn, they lit up an 0-5 Titans team?
    At the time I guess. But that Titans team finished 8-8 and that Pats team was also one of the weakest teams in the last decade and was not nearly the offense it is now.

    And fine, if you don't think the Pats play well in snow based on that game, go back 1 year when they had Matt Cassel starting and they scored 40+ points in the snow against the Cardinals (who would eventually go on to be in the Super Bowl).

    I was simply using that game to point out the Pats are perfectly capable of passing and scoring in snow. In fact, I would think if it snows, it favors the Pats seeing as how Brady is used to it and the Niners rarely, if ever, play in snow. How are the Niners going to handle it?
    Patriots Forum HOF Class of 2011

  7. #172
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    RI
    Posts
    14,978
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Valleyfella View Post
    I'm not sure why anyone would think this is going to be a blowout. The Niners defense is easily the best in the league so the Pats offense, as good as it is, is not going to just magically score 30+. At least, not without turnovers and breaks. And the Pats defense, although coming together, isn't spectacular, so SF should get some points as long as they don't shoot themselves in the foot. The key to me will be whether the SF "D" can hold Brady to FGs rather than TDs. I favor the Pats by 3 or 4 but only because it is in Foxboro. On a neutral field this would be a toss up.
    Yup I agree. Although some Niner fans seem to think its going to be a guarantee they shut down the Pats offense because of what they did to the Saints and Packer offenses, which they don't seem to realize is not on the same level as the Pats offense (if you really need the evidence, look at the damn numbers: 36.3 ppg for the Pats vs. 24.8 for GB and 26.8 ppg for NO, thats almost 2 TDs better)
    Patriots Forum HOF Class of 2011

  8. #173
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    midwest
    Posts
    23,317
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Gibby23 View Post
    Damn, they lit up an 0-5 Titans team?
    Yea I know...perhaps they'll do the same against the number 2 run defense, the number 2 pass defense, the number 1 scoring defense and the number 2 overall defense for yards...
    Quote Originally Posted by heimdog8 View Post
    I didn't want to throw this information out here. I was a 3 year varsity starter at QB in high school. I played quarterback in junior college as well. I was considering playing division 1 football as well but chose to pursue my career in business instead. However, currently I am helping train with Derek Carr from Fresno State get ready for his pro day and the draft. I am also working with Cody Kessler, the USC quarterback.

  9. #174
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    8,389
    vCash
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsSoxKnicks View Post
    At the time I guess. But that Titans team finished 8-8 and that Pats team was also one of the weakest teams in the last decade and was not nearly the offense it is now.

    And fine, if you don't think the Pats play well in snow based on that game, go back 1 year when they had Matt Cassel starting and they scored 40+ points in the snow against the Cardinals (who would eventually go on to be in the Super Bowl).

    I was simply using that game to point out the Pats are perfectly capable of passing and scoring in snow. In fact, I would think if it snows, it favors the Pats seeing as how Brady is used to it and the Niners rarely, if ever, play in snow. How are the Niners going to handle it?
    What does any of this have to do with Sunday? Besides the snow? Didn't they barley beat a Oakland Raiders team in the snow because of some call where the ball slipped out of Bradys Hand and they called it the tuck rule? I think that team was from the west coast. Im sure all the players on the Niners have never seen snow, we draft only Cali players. Good points!

  10. #175
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Amidst A Giants Dynasty: 3in5
    Posts
    32,526
    vCash
    1279
    Quote Originally Posted by rapjuicer06 View Post
    Yea I know...perhaps they'll do the same against the number 2 run defense, the number 2 pass defense, the number 1 scoring defense and the number 2 overall defense for yards...


    Barry Lamar Bonds. .393/.967/1.054....on 3-0 counts.

    lol, Please' top 10 p4p: Mayweather/Marquez/Pacquiao/Bradley/Cotto/Wlad/Rigondeaux/Froch/Canelo/Maidana


    Boxing Fan? Come Discuss Boxing!

  11. #176
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Camp Perkis
    Posts
    120
    vCash
    1500
    If it snows its big time advantage 49ers.

  12. #177
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Posts
    88,124
    vCash
    1777
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    And he ALWAYS picks the Eagles, every game, every year.

    I blame him!



    Only if we are betting racks mayne.
    I guarantee the San Francisco 49ers will beat the New England Patriots on Sunday Night Football.

    I am betting you three racks.

  13. #178
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    8,581
    vCash
    1500

  14. #179
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    8,389
    vCash
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by brewerboy View Post
    You know what's so funny about the Golden Tate, Md Jennings catch now?
    What?

  15. #180
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    52,937
    vCash
    1500
    pats are rolling right now. pats by a TD
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

    1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •