Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





View Poll Results: Who wins?

Voters
108. You may not vote on this poll
  • San Francisco 49ers

    43 39.81%
  • New England Patriots

    65 60.19%
Page 115 of 117 FirstFirst ... 1565105113114115116117 LastLast
Results 1,711 to 1,725 of 1747
  1. #1711
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Preparing for WAR! 5/3/14 Maidana vs Mayweather
    Posts
    27,529
    vCash
    13463
    Quote Originally Posted by jbeezy View Post
    Good job Niners. Kappy with 4 td passes
    My prediction wasn't far off. And what could have been, oh what could have been.
    Quote Originally Posted by theproof View Post
    We won. That's all that matters. Instead of critiquing our team you need to start critiquing your own teams holes because right now you're sounding like a sore loser. You guys started to click when Justin Smith had to leave the game. Justin Smith us huge for us on D because it usually takes multiple guys to stop him and it makes it a lot easier for Aldon to get to the QB. That's why we didn't get a lot of pressure once he was out down the middle. Once Brady started to get comfortable with all that time he was getting he was able to wear down our defense. You better hope you don't see the Niners in the SB because if you do it's going to be another hard fought battle. People who thought that this was going to be a blowout game for the Patriots got a reality check. In reality, the Patriots are the ones who are lucky to not have gotten blown out.
    lol, please' top 10 p4p- Mayweather/Ward/Marquez/Pacquiao/Maidana/Rigondeaux/Froch/Cotto/B-Hop/Canelo
    Boxing fan? Come discuss Boxing!

    "We are chasing greatness" Mark Jackson 3/7/14

  2. #1712
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Ja-Blam
    Posts
    7,083
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by hugepatsfan View Post
    What does that have to do with any of the offensive issues I mentioned? Yes they put up 41, but a lot of that came off turnovers and field position. I saw a lot of things I'd be concerned with from an offensive standpoint.

    They're a good team, but last night didn't make them a favorite in my eyes. They're one of many teams in a group at the top. It will come down to who plays who and how they match up. I think people are getting caught up with the 31-3 thing the same way people got caught up with NE blowing out HOU. Sometimes **** just snowballs out of control for a team and the score becomes exaggerated. I thought that happened last night.

    I don't feel significantly different about either NE or SF based on that game. I have the same concerns for NE (how we match up with a D that can play physical on the back end and get pressure). I have the same concerns for the 49ers (coverage of their corners outside Rogers and their offense). That game got out of hand to the point I don't think it was indicative of either team. It was like the HOU game except NE didn't quit in the second half.

    I thought the exact opposite. The Niners failed to convert on a lot of situations, otherwise the score could've been a lot worse initially.

    If they meet in the Superbowl it should be a heck of a coaching matchup as both teams adjust to the adjustments made in the 2nd half.
    Quote Originally Posted by AmsterNat View Post
    How unsurprising. Dude, give up trying to argue with valade. He cut you into little pieces, had you for breakfast, and shat you out.
    Quote Originally Posted by mariner4life View Post
    Valade you have totally owned this thread. Well done
    My fanbase is growing.

  3. #1713
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    41,077
    vCash
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    The 49ers have no shot....I am putting 200 on the pats without a 2nd thought...I do not know what the point spread is or care.
    Ouch.
    All I do is hit. I even hit your mother once. Yep, hit it good.

  4. #1714
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bratislava
    Posts
    79,414
    vCash
    1500
    racks
    When I asked how a Manziel fan could bash Bridgewater's size.


    Quote Originally Posted by flgatorsandjags View Post
    Manziel is shorter than Teddy but he has size 15 feet
    Yeah...it's that bad.

  5. #1715
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    41,077
    vCash
    500
    2 racks, gone. Poor guy.
    All I do is hit. I even hit your mother once. Yep, hit it good.

  6. #1716
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Allentown, PA
    Posts
    6,714
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by OREcoast49er View Post
    And I don't understand how we can't be a favorite in your eyes after this. Did what no one thought possible and beat NE and Brady at home in December.

    Gotta give some respect
    I'm leery of calling anyone a favorite at this point. I think the 49ers win did a lot to challenge the Patriots status as the favorite and to help their own, but it seems like every good team has at least one bad loss to another. Every week there's a new favorite...
    2013 Adopt-a-Packer: Aaron Rodgers

  7. #1717
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Preparing for WAR! 5/3/14 Maidana vs Mayweather
    Posts
    27,529
    vCash
    13463
    Quote Originally Posted by ImgoodHarbaughU View Post
    I cant believe its even this close the 49ers are a much better team.
    Agreed.
    Quote Originally Posted by OREcoast49er View Post
    That's been the ongoing argument with us niner fans. Big risk reward with CK.
    Alex is the safe one. Tough call.
    Who is the right call now?
    Quote Originally Posted by FWBrodie View Post
    The AFC is garbage.
    Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    brady not getting it done in the clutch.... He has become Eli
    Quote Originally Posted by Tragedy View Post
    Lol. So niner fans thought they were far and away better than the Pats and any other team.

    You guys blew a massive lead. This after being 0-1-1 against the rams. Best team in the NFL? Right. I'm sorry, I like the niners, but I'm not THAT impressed today.
    lol, please' top 10 p4p- Mayweather/Ward/Marquez/Pacquiao/Maidana/Rigondeaux/Froch/Cotto/B-Hop/Canelo
    Boxing fan? Come discuss Boxing!

    "We are chasing greatness" Mark Jackson 3/7/14

  8. #1718
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    7,447
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Tragedy View Post
    Lol. So niner fans thought they were far and away better than the Pats and any other team.

    You guys blew a massive lead. This after being 0-1-1 against the rams. Best team in the NFL? Right. I'm sorry, I like the niners, but I'm not THAT impressed today.
    This.

    Quote Originally Posted by lolPhillies View Post
    Agreed.
    How can you say that the 49'ers are a much better team after the game was close?
    Last edited by Green_Monster; 12-17-2012 at 03:50 PM.

  9. #1719
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    1,692
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Green_Monster View Post
    This.



    How can you say that the 49'ers are a much better team after the game was close?
    The 49ers dominated the patriots in ever aspect. Offense, defense, and special teams. The only reason the game was close was because the 49ers started playing that soft prevent zone defense crap after being up 31-3. You can't do that to Brady and an offense like New Englands. SF should've just kept the pressure on and it would've been a blow out. SF was clearly the better team and they proved it. They also proved that you can't play soft prevent against Brady because he'll put up points (also known as the 49ers laying back and barely even trying anymore). In reality, the game wasn't that close. The scoreboard doesn't always tell the whole story. Much credit to Pats for coming back, but the 49ers never should have started playing soft zone crap. Their defense was basically a "go ahead and score, but run out the clock" defense. The 49ers dominated the patriots on offense, defense, and special teams.

    And just because the 49ers lost to the rams doesn't mean anything. This is the NFL and anything can happen. Teams rarely go 16-0 or even 15-1. The patriots lost to the cardinals in New England, but that doesn't mean the patriots aren't one of the top 3 teams in the league. That doesn't mean Arizona is better than New England. The Steelers lost to the Titants this year. Etc etc. Anything can happen. But in a matchup with two elite teams (like the 49ers vs Patriots), one team clearly dominated the other. 49ers proved they are better than the Patriots and probably the toughest team in the league in the playoffs. Losing to the rams doesn't mean anything in the long run in terms of the super bowl/playoffs. Like I said, the patriots lost to the cardinals in New England, but that doesn't mean **** because the patriots are still heavy contenders out of the AFC.

  10. #1720
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Preparing for WAR! 5/3/14 Maidana vs Mayweather
    Posts
    27,529
    vCash
    13463
    lol, please' top 10 p4p- Mayweather/Ward/Marquez/Pacquiao/Maidana/Rigondeaux/Froch/Cotto/B-Hop/Canelo
    Boxing fan? Come discuss Boxing!

    "We are chasing greatness" Mark Jackson 3/7/14

  11. #1721
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Silverdale, Wa
    Posts
    7,909
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    The 49ers have no shot....I am putting 200 on the pats without a 2nd thought...I do not know what the point spread is or care.
    I'm making this my sig, thanks Yosef

  12. #1722
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    7,447
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by tapajafri View Post
    The 49ers dominated the patriots in ever aspect. Offense, defense, and special teams. The only reason the game was close was because the 49ers started playing that soft prevent zone defense crap after being up 31-3. You can't do that to Brady and an offense like New Englands. SF should've just kept the pressure on and it would've been a blow out. SF was clearly the better team and they proved it. They also proved that you can't play soft prevent against Brady because he'll put up points (also known as the 49ers laying back and barely even trying anymore). In reality, the game wasn't that close. The scoreboard doesn't always tell the whole story. Much credit to Pats for coming back, but the 49ers never should have started playing soft zone crap. Their defense was basically a "go ahead and score, but run out the clock" defense. The 49ers dominated the patriots on offense, defense, and special teams.

    And just because the 49ers lost to the rams doesn't mean anything. This is the NFL and anything can happen. Teams rarely go 16-0 or even 15-1. The patriots lost to the cardinals in New England, but that doesn't mean the patriots aren't one of the top 3 teams in the league. That doesn't mean Arizona is better than New England. The Steelers lost to the Titants this year. Etc etc. Anything can happen. But in a matchup with two elite teams (like the 49ers vs Patriots), one team clearly dominated the other. 49ers proved they are better than the Patriots and probably the toughest team in the league in the playoffs. Losing to the rams doesn't mean anything in the long run in terms of the super bowl/playoffs. Like I said, the patriots lost to the cardinals in New England, but that doesn't mean **** because the patriots are still heavy contenders out of the AFC.
    So when the Pats went on a 28-0 run and tied the game it wasn't impressive because of the defense the Niners were playing? If it was actually the type of defense, and not just because Brady was dominating, don't you think Harbaugh would have made an adjustment?

    You shouldn't be throwing around the word dominated when the game was close, and could've gone either way.

  13. #1723
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    The SCO
    Posts
    20,912
    vCash
    1500

    SNF: San Francisco 49ers(9-3-1) vs. New England Patriots(10-3)

    It's like you guys expected the Patriots to lay down their arms after being down 31-3. It's the Patriots in Foxborough, I don't think any Niner fan felt comfortable with a 28 point lead. Then again the Patriots don't lose, they just beat themselves.
    Don't forget about Dre.


  14. #1724
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    7,961
    vCash
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by Green_Monster View Post
    So when the Pats went on a 28-0 run and tied the game it wasn't impressive because of the defense the Niners were playing? If it was actually the type of defense, and not just because Brady was dominating, don't you think Harbaugh would have made an adjustment?
    You shouldn't be throwing around the word dominated when the game was close, and could've gone either way.
    He did. After the Pats tied, the Niners scored a TD. When the Pats got the ball back with about 6 min left, Brady was sacked twice on that drive and it forced a punt, that led to the Niners FG and put them up 10 and it was game over at that point.

  15. #1725
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    7,447
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Gibby23 View Post
    He did. After the Pats tied, the Niners scored a TD. When the Pats got the ball back with about 6 min left, Brady was sacked twice on that drive and it forced a punt, that led to the Niners FG and put them up 10 and it was game over at that point.
    I said when Brady was dominating. Why would/did he wait until the Pats scored 28 and tied the game?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •