108. You may not vote on this poll
  • San Francisco 49ers

43 39.81%
  • New England Patriots

65 60.19%
Page 6 of 117 FirstFirst ... 456781656106 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Gibby23 View Post
    The Niners have went up against some ok defenses this year and did ok. They ran and passed all over one defense that was the "best" in the NFL at the time.
    Yeah 1 game against a good defense doesn't mean a whole lot. 1 100 yard runner all year for NE, that was Rice. Gore's carries are being limited recently for some reason, most likely because they want him fresh for January. Gore will struggle to get 100 yards wouldn't be surprised if he averages 4.5+ per run. Kaepernick better be ready to get into a shootout with Brady.

vCash
    Should be a great game, I'm interested to see what the 49ers gameplan is and how creative they will get running the ball. Key for them is to keep Brady and Co. on the sidelines as much as possible.
    Quote Originally Posted by nessythegreat View Post
    This is getting old. Enough is enough. Redskin Is not offensive and it will never change.
    Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    I want to start a website where people who say this video tape themselves going up to Native Americans and go "hey what's up redskin?" and then upload what happens.

I'll call it WhatsUpRedskin.com

You want to go first?
    I fully support this future site.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ChitownBears22 View Post
    Yeah 1 game against a good defense doesn't mean a whole lot. 1 100 yard runner all year for NE, that was Rice. Gore's carries are being limited recently for some reason, most likely because they want him fresh for January. Gore will struggle to get 100 yards wouldn't be surprised if he averages 4.5+ per run. Kaepernick better be ready to get into a shootout with Brady.
    Gore isn't the only who will be running, Kaepernick runs quite a bit as will James this week.
    This is getting old. Enough is enough. Redskin Is not offensive and it will never change.
    I want to start a website where people who say this video tape themselves going up to Native Americans and go "hey what's up redskin?" and then upload what happens.

You want to go first?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Greedy22 View Post
    Gore isn't the only who will be running, Kaepernick runs quite a bit as will James this week.
    Hard to justify a run game if you go down early. I see that very likely. Brady wants to rap up the number 2 seed with a win (because they have Jax and Miami the next two weeks)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BKLYNpigeon View Post
    so what? they also lost 2 Super Bowls in late January.
    Yeah that was my point. The Patriots losing to the Cardinals has nothing to do with this game, nor does them not losing at home in December since 2002 mean anything. You provided a point to show the Pats aren't very good, I countered by saying they are good. At the end, neither point means anything since it has nothing to do with the upcoming game.

And the 49ers didn't even make the Super Bowl.....Nor have they really been relevant in 15 years. Does that mean anything? No.
    Patriots Forum HOF Class of 2011

vCash
    How has NE done against QB's with some wheels

I'm down at the rec center watchin' folks swim.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ChitownBears22 View Post
    Hard to justify a run game if you go down early. I see that very likely. Brady wants to rap up the number 2 seed with a win (because they have Jax and Miami the next two weeks)
    We'll just have to see, our D seems t play better against better teams. If we get down early then it'll definitely be shootout mode.

You want to go first?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NormSizedMidget View Post
    The only mobile QB they have played was RW, a game they lost. But it wasn't because of RW being mobile.

This NE defense has looked really good since adding Talib in the secondary.

vCash
    You're going to hate me for mentioning him, but they did shut down Russell Wilson running.
    Last edited by Greedy22; 12-12-2012 at 12:03 AM.

You want to go first?

vCash
    Now that's a relevant question, something that actually has to do with the matchup, rather than pointing out that NE lost to the Cardinals so the Niners will win.

Off the top of my head, they haven't really faced anyone as mobile as CK (i don't know how to spell his name so I'll just call him CK ). I know Luck can move around a bit but he's not like CK in that he's going to take off as much.

Edit: RW was the last guy but he didn't really run around all that much in that game, just kept passing it deep and completing it on our then porous secondary (which has gotten a lot better).
    Last edited by PatsSoxKnicks; 12-11-2012 at 11:42 PM.
    Patriots Forum HOF Class of 2011

vCash
    Last team to beat the Patriots?

The Seahawks.

vCash
    These numbers compare the 49ers and Patriots points per game against competition that is .500 or better, compared to the games against teams under .500.

It illustrates the point that New England brings their best game when the competition is stiff. The 49ers numbers are alarming for a team that intends to be a contender.

New England Avg Points Diff. vs. Teams .500 or better: +3.7
    New England Avg Points Against vs. Teams .500 or better: -1.7

San Francisco Avg Points Diff vs. Teams .500 or better: -13
    San Francisco Avg Points Against vs. Teams .500 or better: +8.1

So the Pats actually score more and give up less against the winning teams. The Niners score significantly less, and give up almost double the points given the same scenario.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FWBrodie View Post

The Seahawks.
    Like I said Norm. Seattle Fans are the new Jets fans.

If there is a discussion going on they will find a way to inject the Cheathawks into it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FWBrodie View Post

The Seahawks.
    Last time the Seahawks won the Super Bowl?

Last edited by richiesaurus310; 12-11-2012 at 11:41 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Greedy22 View Post
    You're going to hate me for mentioning him, but they did shut down Russell Wilson.
    Uh, Russell Wilson had his best game as a pro against NWE.

Page 6 of 117 FirstFirst ... 456781656106 ... LastLast