108. You may not vote on this poll
  • San Francisco 49ers

43 39.81%
  • New England Patriots

65 60.19%
Page 5 of 117 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GoBruins17 View Post
    The Patriots bring their best game when the competition is stiff, and they make their statements fast and furious. The average score of their 6 games against teams vying for the playoffs (.500 or better) at the end of 3 quarters is

Patriots 30.3 Opponents 12.7

I know it's a 4 quarter game, but it would be a moot point if the 49ers can't contain them through 3. Want their equivalent??

The average score of SF's 7 games against teams .500 or better after 3 quarters?

49ers 11.9 Opponents 11.3

Thank goodness for that Bears thumping. Without it, it would be 49ers 9.3 Opponents 12

How anyone thinks we have the combination of slowing Brady with points of our own is beyond me. It's going to be a **** show.
    So what happens if you do this for 4 quarters. Sounds like a silly stat distortion to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seppuku View Post
    Hear ye, hear ye! Bring forth the possibly real and possibly imaginary poll.

Oops, I wasn't bull****ting.

vCash
    If Kaepernick doesn't turn the ball over I'm pretty confident in the Niners. They will surely be stacking the box forcing him to throw and hopefully make a mistake but I like the Niners chances here.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lincecum=future View Post
    Old man Gore will pop an easy 100 yds
    Going to be pretty tough to do because the Patriots have only allowed one RB this season to have a 100 yard game against them which was Ray Rice back in week 3 in which he got 101 yards.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NormSizedMidget View Post
    It's not about Gore.

I'm going to get shellacked for this but the creativity of SF run game is off the charts. There's nothing in the NFL I like to watch more. It's amazing. So saying well Gore VS Foster of whatever...I know HOU and the ZBS blah blah. But I take that system they have in SF every day of the week.

I'm not so sure the run game is really going to be this huge factor anyways though.
    Oh I agree that the 49ers run game is awesome, but the Patriots run D has been pretty damn good too. That's all I'm really trying to say I guess

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by B'sCeltsPatsSox View Post
    Going to be pretty tough to do because the Patriots have only allowed one RB this season to have a 100 yard game against them which was Ray Rice back in week 3 in which he got 101 yards.
    And the Texans only had one loss too.

Now they're the WOAT.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by B'sCeltsPatsSox View Post
    Oh I agree that the 49ers run game is awesome, but the Patriots run D has been pretty damn good too. That's all I'm really trying to say I guess
    I agree from what I've seen. I'm just saying you took it to Foster VS Gore which I don't think is the right way to play it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BKLYNpigeon View Post
    some talking points:

- Travel wont be a factor since the game was pushed up to the night game.

- 49ers play defense and run the ball very well, you can win with that anywhere. remember Lambeau Field?

- If its raining or snowing it would be a nice advantage since the 49ers run the ball very well.

- the 4-9 Cardinals beat the Patriots at home. co mon man..

- if you want to beat the Patriots you have to get to Brady, 49ers have a solid pass rush.

- if you're betting on this game. TAKE THE 6 POINTS!
    Holy Smokes.... Look man, consider me a 49er Ambassador in the New England embassy. I know BOTH these teams extremely well. You are in for SUCH a rude awakening if you believe some of these things.

I remember it being Lambeau field in September, not Gillette stadium, 23-0 run in December.

The bold is a very, very deadly misconception. I've seen sooo many slop-fests with Brady teams that you expect to hinder the Pats and the passing. It never does. Never. Ever. Ever. Ever. In fact, it usually sparks more of a blowout.

That was the week 2 version of the Cardinals, remember, the ones who started 4-0 before rattling off 9 losses and imploding? And it was a flukey game. The Pats have scored 200 points in 5 home games since (40 points/game)....2 of those 5 games are against top 5 defenses (Houston, Denver)

49ers have a solid pass rush, but Brady is one of the least sacked QBs in the league. They just shut out JJ Watt.

vCash
    And the Texans only had one loss too.

Now they're the WOAT.
    The NFL forum: Where the 2nd coming of the NBA forum happens.

vCash
    So what happens if you do this for 4 quarters. Sounds like a silly stat distortion to me.
    Do you think it improves that much??? The point was....the Pats go to work fast and furious. If the game is out of reach after 3, who cares?

vCash
    Do you think it improves that much??? The point was....the Pats go to work fast and furious. If the game is out of reach after 3, who cares?
    I don't understand why make it only three quarters.

Go back to Hockey where they only have three periods. lol

vCash
    Theres alot of east coast bias here.

this is why the 49ers will win..
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dgi2lY62Hto

vCash
    But for the record, San Francisco's +0.6 margin shrinks to 0.4

49ers 18.3 Opponents 17.9

Patriots final margin also looks familiar

Patriots 38.3 Opponents 20.2

Better?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Gibby23 View Post
    Kinda like the Old "Best Defense in the NFL" in the Bears did? Don't be mad because the Niners sent your season down a tube and you are a loss or two from having it done.
    What do the Bears have to do with this game? Or are you just baiting? This isn't the Dolphins this is a young defense that plays very well against the run .

vCash
    But for the record, San Francisco's +0.6 margin shrinks to 0.4

49ers 18.3 Opponents 17.9

Patriots final margin also looks familiar

Patriots 38.3 Opponents 20.2

Better?
    It sounded like some parlor trick. Not so bad.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ChitownBears22 View Post
    What do the Bears have to do with this game? Or are you just baiting? This isn't the Dolphins this is a young defense that plays very well against the run .
    The Niners have went up against some ok defenses this year and did ok. They ran and passed all over one defense that was the "best" in the NFL at the time.

Page 5 of 117 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast