Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 61
  1. #46
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Akron, Ohio
    Posts
    42,994
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by GeronimoSon View Post
    Actually.. Dustin Pedroia is a gamer.. he's not a bad player.. not that the exception proves the rule.. For the most part, gamers are guys who usually don't have the highest skills level, but, find ways to contribute by getting more out of their limited ability than a much more talented player..
    Usually someone who isn't very good or not the ideal size/look of an athlete. Pedroia fits the latter as he is undersized from your typical MLB player.

  2. #47
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Canton, Ohio
    Posts
    2,509
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by GeronimoSon View Post
    Actually.. Dustin Pedroia is a gamer.. he's not a bad player.. not that the exception proves the rule.. For the most part, gamers are guys who usually don't have the highest skills level, but, find ways to contribute by getting more out of their limited ability than a much more talented player..
    I can't believe that I am saying this...but I actually agree with Geronimo here...a gamer is usually someone that, regardless of size, talent level, ability level, potential, etc...tends to go out and produce, day in and day out.

    With that, we should not call Jason Donald a gamer by any means. He doesn't seem to get more out of his ability than anyone I can think of. Maybe we should just call Jason Donald what he is...a utility infielder (I can't think of a much more degrading term for someone that was once thought of as being a plus prospect).

  3. #48
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Central Ohio
    Posts
    3,589
    vCash
    1500
    Clear and definitive evidence that BrownieBuck is showing signs of intelligence!!

    Quote Originally Posted by browniebuck View Post
    ...I can't believe that I am saying this...but I actually agree with Geronimo here...

  4. #49
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Canton, Ohio
    Posts
    2,509
    vCash
    1500
    don't push it old man....I am near the edge after just admitting that I agreed with you...keep pushing and I may go over the edge...lol

  5. #50
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Central Ohio
    Posts
    3,589
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by browniebuck View Post
    don't push it old man....I am near the edge after just admitting that I agreed with you...keep pushing and I may go over the edge...lol
    Would that be considered dumpster diving????

  6. #51
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    cleveland
    Posts
    7,896
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by GeronimoSon View Post
    Clear and definitive evidence that BrownieBuck is showing signs of intelligence!!




    LMAO he disagreed with you about Donald though ahhahaha!!
    For not honoring a sig bet I now own YEDB90

  7. #52
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    New Bremen, OH
    Posts
    720
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by prodigy View Post
    So you would take a .200 hitter with little pop and below avg D over Stubbs who had over 30+ stolden bases, double digit homers and great defender? Don't worry Reds fans i know most of you are way smarter then this guy.
    lets put it this way...I would rather have 1 year of Choo than 3 more of Stubbs...Donald is the 'throw in' on the Reds side...
    Presenting the greatest announcing duo to grace the baseball world!


  8. #53
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    New Bremen, OH
    Posts
    720
    vCash
    1500
    and...the majority of the Reds fans will agree that unloading Stubbs was a GREAT early Christmas present to Reds fans
    Presenting the greatest announcing duo to grace the baseball world!


  9. #54
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Central Ohio
    Posts
    3,589
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Vottomatic19 View Post
    and...the majority of the Reds fans will agree that unloading Stubbs was a GREAT early Christmas present to Reds fans
    Probably the same Reds fans who think it's a good thing the Reds didn't offer DiDi and two scrubs for Bauer straight up...

    OOOOOOOPS.....

  10. #55
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    cleveland
    Posts
    7,896
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Vottomatic19 View Post
    lets put it this way...I would rather have 1 year of Choo than 3 more of Stubbs...Donald is the 'throw in' on the Reds side...
    after next season choo will be gone for sure and Donald who knows and nobody really cares lol. Indians will still have all 4 guys LMAO! Stubbs will prob be a 4th outfielder going forward which will be great because of his D and speed. But Stubbs has shown abilty to play this game and do well. Donald has not.

    Thats pretty much what it comes down too. you guys got Choo so be happy and hope you guys win it this year. Honestly I wouldn't mind at all the reds winning the world series.
    For not honoring a sig bet I now own YEDB90

  11. #56
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    New Bremen, OH
    Posts
    720
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by GeronimoSon View Post
    Probably the same Reds fans who think it's a good thing the Reds didn't offer DiDi and two scrubs for Bauer straight up...

    OOOOOOOPS.....
    Bauer wouldn't crack the Reds rotation. Unless the Reds would keep Chapman as Closer...which they say they won't...Leake is the only starter that Bauer would start ahead of...
    Presenting the greatest announcing duo to grace the baseball world!


  12. #57
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    cleveland
    Posts
    7,896
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Vottomatic19 View Post
    Bauer wouldn't crack the Reds rotation. Unless the Reds would keep Chapman as Closer...which they say they won't...Leake is the only starter that Bauer would start ahead of...
    He's a 22 year old kid with only a few starts under his belt. So ur comment is kinda uncalled for. I mean if u guys were depending on a 22 year old rookie I'm guessing u wouldn't be title chasing ha.
    For not honoring a sig bet I now own YEDB90

  13. #58
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Central Ohio
    Posts
    3,589
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Vottomatic19 View Post
    Bauer wouldn't crack the Reds rotation. Unless the Reds would keep Chapman as Closer...which they say they won't...Leake is the only starter that Bauer would start ahead of...
    You really want to go there?.. having Bauer in the minors would still be better than NOT having Bauer in the minors..you at least have to admit that... Even if Mike Leake is starting at the ML level...

    The Reds in 2012 had a dynamic back of the pen featuring one of the most intimidating closers in MLB in the form of Aroldys Chapman. The Reds have seen when Chapman is closing, his fastball reaches triple digits and his K-rate soars. When he is starting.. his FB "drops" into the mid 90's and he's very hittable as he has but two pitches, only one he consistently throws for strikes.. His starters ERA is pretty scary bad..

    So, knowing this.. the Reds & Dummy Baker are going to change him back or attempt to make him a starter again?.. where are the baseball people in that organization to tell Aroldys.. "...you're a closer.. As long as you're wearing a white "C" on your red cap, you're going to remain a closer.."

    Is a starter more valuable ?.. Sure, if his ERA isn't in the mid 8's and his confidence isn't in the toilet... That's what the Reds have.. and it's not so bad having six and seven inning games all year long now that BIG JON BROXTON has been added along with second lefty Sean Marshall, wow.. what a pen that would be!!.. Too bad Dusty, who's well known to be a horrible manager of the pitching staff doesn't stand up and do what's best for his team..

  14. #59
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    New Bremen, OH
    Posts
    720
    vCash
    1500
    Walt and the Higher ups want him to be starter...Dusty actually wants him to remain closer
    Presenting the greatest announcing duo to grace the baseball world!


  15. #60
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    New Bremen, OH
    Posts
    720
    vCash
    1500
    I honestly think that they will ultimately move him back to closer...he is too dominant...
    Presenting the greatest announcing duo to grace the baseball world!


Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •