Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by browniebuck View Post
    amount believed to be about $3.5 million
    Yeah 3.5 million to match the money between Choo and Stubbs apperantly. I didn't like this part of the deal, the only thing I didn't like, but if it was needed to get the deal done then it was worth it IMO to obtain 2 bullpen arms and a top pitching prospect with Stubbs for a guy who would never had returned after 2013. The 3.5 million was for the extra 2 years of service they get from Stubbs though and then they will have till 2019 on Bauer, 2018 on Shaw and 2014 on Albers. Thats a lot of control which a small market team always needs. Bauer isn't even ARB eligible until 2016. Thats ridiculous if he can get his mechanics down and listen to the pitching staff. Him and Ubs should be put next to each other and just see how bad each are.

HOYERMANIA!!!

vCash
    Love everything about this trade. Brantley can move into left where his glove will be a plus and Stubbs can slot into center. I'm willing to bet last year was just a down year for Stubbs and not what we'll see during his time in Cleveland.

vCash
    Bullpen right now for next year:

Closer - CP
    Setup - Pestano
    Setup - Joe Smith
    Middle - Albers
    Middle - Shaw
    Middle - Allen
    Middle - Hagadone

Really like that bullpen and the way they have replaced Esmil Rogers since the Aviles trade. Hags is the only left hander but if they move one of CP or Pestano that might be likely now then I see them adding another Lefty for the pen possibly Barnes as the long reliever.
    Last edited by ottograham14; 12-12-2012 at 08:46 AM.

HOYERMANIA!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OneTuzSea View Post
    Love everything about this trade. Brantley can move into left where his glove will be a plus and Stubbs can slot into center. I'm willing to bet last year was just a down year for Stubbs and not what we'll see during his time in Cleveland.
    I'll take that bet on Stubbs...however...he did have a good 2010 Rookie Season...he has done nothing but decline since...

However...I hope Drew Stubbs hits 35 homers, 30 doubles, 10+ triples, steals 85 bases, hits for a .285 batting average and wins a Gold Glove and the AL MVP! Will that be enough to #FireBrookJacoby ?!?!
    Presenting the greatest announcing duo to grace the baseball world!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vottomatic19 View Post
    I'll take that bet on Stubbs...however...he did have a good 2010 Rookie Season...he has done nothing but decline since...

However...I hope Drew Stubbs hits 35 homers, 30 doubles, 10+ triples, steals 85 bases, hits for a .285 batting average and wins a Gold Glove and the AL MVP! Will that be enough to #FireBrookJacoby ?!?!
    I'll take his averages before last season .251/.324/.406 over 1500 at bats and around 15-20 HRS and 35-40 SB's and call it a pretty good addition with the bullpen arms and Bauer Power. Plus the 3 years of control will be welcomed to see if he did just have a below average year last year for him while apperantly being in Dusty's doghouse for much of the year in 2012. His plus defense in CF helps too and allows Brantley to move over to LF again where in CF he was an average defender but in LF is a plus defender. I think everyone got what they wanted in this trade. The Reds got a leadoff hitter as a stopgap to Hamilton next year, the DBacks got the young SS they coveted and the Tribe got the young pitching prospect they coveted. Throw in some fillers and the rest is history.

HOYERMANIA!!!

vCash
    Good deal for the Indians. .. Cabrera is the next to go and from what I read, a young pitcher will be included in any deal for him as well.

vCash
    getting bauer was a real coop for the tribe, now lets see what they can get for asdrubel cabrerra

vCash
    would the indians be interested in a deal around dee gordon, zach lee, and joc pederson?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ciaban View Post
    would the indians be interested in a deal around dee gordon, zach lee, and joc pederson?
    Umm for what. Dodgers are mainly looking for another top tier pitcher so if they were looking to move those guys it would be for Masterson but Masty wouldn't be able to bring back that return after last year. Thats the deal they were apperantly trying to give to the Mets for Dickey but the Mets turned it down for some reason because they want a 38 year old knuckleballer who has had one great year and 2 decent years in a 11 year career while they are not contending instead of three top prospects. No wonder they suck.

HOYERMANIA!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ciaban View Post
    for asdrubal cabrera? let me forward this to Shapanetti and well get this deal done by noon. id take that all day.. Dee replaces asdrubal in the lineup, get the LAD #1 and #4 prospects. joc is going to be a beast too and lee could be a top of the rotation starter.

The start of something great to come in Carolina, bring on the haters!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Panthers4life View Post
    for asdrubal cabrera? let me forward this to Shapanetti and well get this deal done by noon. id take that all day.. Dee replaces asdrubal in the lineup, get the LAD #1 and #4 prospects. joc is going to be a beast too and lee could be a top of the rotation starter.
    I would do that in a heartbeat but I doubt LA is looking for Infield help. They currently have Diaz, Hanley, Ellis, Schumaker now, Punto, Uribe, Jerry Hairston. Thats 7 guys for 3 spots not even including Dee Gordon who they will probably use as trade bait for another pitcher which they are trying to do and not another infielder. They apperantly didn't go after Youk too because they want Diaz at third and then they have Ellis, Skip and Punto for 2B. Unless they unload all of those guys dont really see them in the market for ACab.

HOYERMANIA!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ottograham14 View Post
    I'll take his averages before last season .251/.324/.406 over 1500 at bats and around 15-20 HRS and 35-40 SB's and call it a pretty good addition with the bullpen arms and Bauer Power. Plus the 3 years of control will be welcomed to see if he did just have a below average year last year for him while apperantly being in Dusty's doghouse for much of the year in 2012. His plus defense in CF helps too and allows Brantley to move over to LF again where in CF he was an average defender but in LF is a plus defender. I think everyone got what they wanted in this trade. The Reds got a leadoff hitter as a stopgap to Hamilton next year, the DBacks got the young SS they coveted and the Tribe got the young pitching prospect they coveted. Throw in some fillers and the rest is history.
    2011 was bad for stubbs too, as for Dusty's Doghouse...no such thing...he kept running him out there...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vottomatic19 View Post
    2011 was bad for stubbs too, as for Dusty's Doghouse...no such thing...he kept running him out there...
    Whats wrong with you? lol, i feel like you think Stubbs was the main part of this trade LMAO!!! He was pretty much a filler. plus he'll be at the bottom of our lineup on a new team and a fresh start. I'll def give the guy a year to prove something.
    For not honoring a sig bet I now own YEDB90

vCash
    Love this trade for Cleveland even more now after their recent signing of Nick Swisher to replace Shin-Shoo in the outfield.

If Bauer can contribute this season and they can bring in another quality arm or two, they might have a chance as early as this season in competing in the Central.
    http://www.tumblr.com/tagged/oscar-taveras
    ~ Oscar Taveras ~ The next Phenom

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by prodigy View Post
    Whats wrong with you? lol, i feel like you think Stubbs was the main part of this trade LMAO!!! He was pretty much a filler. plus he'll be at the bottom of our lineup on a new team and a fresh start. I'll def give the guy a year to prove something.
    Nothing at all is wrong with me...I am actually ECSTATIC to be rid of his 'potential' and Hope like hell he
    has an awesome year so that maybe the Reds will finally realize that maybe, just maybe...Brook Jacoby needs to go! and Stubbs and Bauer were the focal pts of the trade, with Choo coming to the Reds, the best out of the trade may actually be Didi in the long run...but the question with him is going to be his bat..

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast